Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: OVER.. (Views: 47)

Current AHDI recommendations are even worse! - sickening

Posted: Nov 12th, 2015 - 12:16 pm In Reply to: Should linecount system of Medical Transcription be branded as unethical and illegal by Labor Dept.? - Anon

Out of curiosity, I went to the AHDI site to see what their position is. I notice that they have changed their website to look MT friendly since I last looked at it. Their recommendations are currently for visible black characters only! They claim 65 characters which includes spaces and carriage returns are too confusion to the client!??!! Huh? They claim that patient data is now software driven, and since the client or vendor is paying for that software, we shouldn't get paid for that because (they think) the software is doing the work for us. They also think that we should get paid for macros/standard templates because we are not actually typing those characters.(!)

MQ/MM claims their software can't count anything in the headers/footers and cc fields. Well, that's because they didn't want to pay for proven counting software, such as Sylcount, and prefer to reinvent the wheel (by inept IT). When we used to be able to see the forms of the document going to the client, I noticed that the document morphed to rtf and then to Word doc, both of which Sylcount could count. So, you know the counting could be done. Back when I was IC, Sylcount was pretty much the standard for counting software. Unfortunately, Sylcount's owner has retired, so it is no longer available, and unfortunately, the family business I did IC work for had to close because India could underbid any USA company to the point they could not even pay for the electricity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)