Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 78)

And furthermore, don't be so smug. - Tired

Posted: Nov 5th, 2015 - 1:17 am In Reply to: LOL. These are the same things me and my MT - buddies said about 15 years ago.

Telling us to "look at what you have," compared to the good wages, etc. that coders enjoy right now (as opposed to our wages that we can't make a living on) is a mistake. Coding >>WILL<< wind up the same way. It is easily outsourced to cheaper labor. You will wind up working for Nuance (or some other MTSO) as a coder because there will be no hospital jobs left, being called on the carpet every time for their having to pay you more than they think you are worth (at minimum wage, no less) every time they cut your pay for one little mistake. And you folks DO make mistakes; I have seen evidence of it. And they >>WILL<< figure out a way to cut your pay! Don't think for a minute that they aren't going to do any of this to you or that you won't have to worry about being outsourced, having to work for third-world pay, being demoralized, being nit picked etc. It is coming for you too. So enjoy your well-paying jobs for now, but my advice would be to find something else just as soon as you begin to see evidence of outsourcing. The low wages will come the next time after that at the next economic bust because they'll have you right where they want you. It will be a "take it or leave it" situation and you will either work for low wages to keep food on the table or watch the new House Speaker tell you and the other unemployed that you're "just lying in a hammock," like he did several years ago when they cut off unemployment at the end of 2013.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)