Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Definition of an IC - anon

Posted: Aug 6th, 2015 - 5:40 pm

I would love to know why these MTSO's advertising for IC's really have no idea what the IRS definition of an IC is. They advertise for shift work, line counts, etc. As an IC your available days and hours are what you work, not what they want you to work.  They cannot put a thumb on you and tell you how much work you will do, and as an independent contractor, you have the right to negotiate your pay.  These companies aren't paying any of us enough anymore to live on, and I would love to see the owners and management of these companies who earn a salary, live on 7 cpl or 4 cpl.  I have been in this business for 25+ years and have not had a pay raise in 15...only pay cuts.  I love what I do and would love to retire doing this job...not looking good.  But really, read IRS regulations on IC's.  I don't want to work your shift work or I would look for  an employee position.   Done ranting..just makes me mad that these companies still think we are stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)