Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: OVER.. (Views: 57)

I would say 1/3 only if you don't have a lot - sm - XXX

Posted: Jul 26th, 2015 - 11:03 am In Reply to: Another IC question - re computing real pay

write offs, though do think a 1/3 is a bit excessive, 25% should suffice, unless you make a lot of money. Otherwise 10-15% should be plenty. Consistently I have only paid 10% of the my gross in taxes. I usually write off $3-4K every year, some years more than others, some less. I write off everything but the mortgage, don't want to deal with that nightmare if we ever sell so never did it. (also do not have a dedicated room which I believe is the requirement for home office). I also have extra taxes taken out of my husband's pay and my own outside part-time job, so I don't have to mess around (or worry about) with quarterly or monthly tax payments. I have it so I cover my taxes and get a small refund with Federal, though usually owe for state so they wash each other out. So different ways of achieving the same end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)