Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Me, too - Bunny

Posted: Jul 25th, 2015 - 4:23 pm In Reply to: Early Social Security - MT2

I started my SS early and am so happy I did. Again, I am married to a guy who still works full time and also is getting his SS, so I am very, very blessed. At least my line count can now be whatever it is, although I usually do have plenty of work, albeit being all VR. I was going to try to last until 66 but decided to take it now. I know others who cannot do that at age 62, but actually when I talked to SS about my choices, and told them my earnings may be dropping, she advised me that if I waited too long, my SS benefit could decrease. If you look on the worksheet or have an account on line with SS, it clearly states that the amount you see at a certain age is calculated by the fact that you will be making the same (or greater) amount of money that you are now. In my case, after dealing with Nuance and my wages dropping consistently, I decided to take it now before that happened. You can still make about $15,000 per year in addition to your SS, so in my case, this is more money yearly than I have made in a long time. Sad, but true in this profession now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)