Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I am already studying for the bar, believe it or not! - Nick

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2015 - 9:46 pm In Reply to: hurry up and pass the bar please - sm

Part of the reason I chose law is because I am tired of seeing how the "little guy" (or gal) is treated in today's economy. All people want to do is make an honest living. Many of us (and yes, that includes me) had the rug pulled right from under us. So I hope to pass the bar and cross swords with some of the Brooks Brothers suit/wingtip shoes guys. (And you can be sure they are guys. Women seldom make partner in those kinds of firms.) Some parts of the legal field (mostly corporate) are still rife with sexism. I would be happy to fight in a sex discrimination case, too. This year I got to do some backup (research, mostly) in a racial discrimination case. The lawyer I was working with is really, really good and the plaintiff came out with a really good settlement. I would like to be that good a lawyer some day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)