A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

she has had fibroids in the past and was told that S/L fluck-oh-hush could increase the size. - shannon

Posted: Aug 15, 2010

tia

Is the patient on any estrogen meds - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
and does the doc list them? I think estrogen medications can increase the size of fibroids... so does pregnancy. I'm trying to think of meds that s/l "fluck oh hush" but getting a blank. Maybe try looking at the patient's med list. I'll keep searching for you and post if I find anything : )

black cohosh, maybe - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Told By TSM To Increase Production But OOW And Bad Weather, Etc. Do Not Impact LPH As It Is Calculat
May 02, 2014

huh?   ...

Abdominal Ultraound, Fibroids, Moderate Right S/l A/miss/al Free Fluid?
Jan 08, 2013

Abdominal ultrasound notable for uterine fibroids, moderate right _________ free fluid, multiple gallstones within the gallbladder, with at least 8 measuring 6 to 7 mm with enlarged hepatic duct measuring 6.2 mm. I keep hearing a/miss/all but doc is very hard to understand.  Any thoughts?? ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

Text Size
Jan 02, 2010

I forgot the easy way to adjust text size.  Hope someone can help. Is it still possible to search for something here?  I can't find the "search" line.   ...

Font Size Help!!! (please)
Apr 29, 2010

This isn't directly related to MT, but is in a round-about way.  I've done something to cause my font size in certain areas to be smaller, and it's driving me crazy!  I don't know how to describe exactly where it is happening, but it is the font at the top of the tabs in IE, in the side menu (listing my mail folders) in my Outlook mail, the font in Word at the top of the page (toolbar and file, edit, view, etc.), in some message boxes, etc.& ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Size DOES Matter, LOL!
Oct 03, 2010

"The patient's penis is cucumber sized," courtesy of ASR. Dictated as, "The patient's penis is circumcised."  Good one, ASR...at least I got a giggle out of THAT boo-boo! ...

Cursor Size In DQS 7.0
Jul 24, 2012

Anybody know how to change my cursor size while working in DQS 7.0?  It's just a thin little line and I used to have it like a highlighted box which was easier to see.  Thanks. ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

ET Tube Size
Jun 12, 2015

How do you transcribe ET tube size, is it "a size 75 ET tube, or a size 7.5 ET tube." ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

Stent Size Question
Mar 17, 2011

I know we are to drop the zero after a decimal when doing lab values, i.e. "hemoglobin was seven point zero" is just written as "hemoglobin was 7", but do you drop the zero after sizes, i.e. "Taxus three point O by twelve mm drug-eluting stent" - is that written 3.0 x 12-mm or 3 x 12-mm?  I never can get this straight...any input would be helpful. Thank you!!! :) ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

Screen Size Question
Apr 23, 2012

It just occurred to me the other day, I probably would be better off with an updated monitor.  The actual viewing portion of my screen is only about 9-1/2 high and 12-1/2 inches wide ... the old thick chunky-type monitor.  For those of you who are using larger flat screens, has it made much of a difference for you for proofing and overall viewing ease? ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

Changing Font Size
Jul 31, 2012

Now I know this seems like a stupid question, but I need help chaning font size to something not indicated in Word 2003 or Word 2007.    I have typed in the unusual font size but it does not work.   I need 13, 15, and 17 which I do not see as options.  Any help advice appreciated. ...

Performance Review And Increase
Aug 28, 2012

I have a feeling I am going to get laughed right off of this page, but here goes. At any point does Nuance offer a performance review and/or pay increase?  Also, has anyone ever threatened to quit and were offered an increase to stay?   ...

7.1 Cursor Size- Can We Change It?
Oct 10, 2012

Does anybody know how to change the size of the cursor from the skinny little line in 7.1? Thanks! ...

3% Increase In Hourly Earning
Apr 17, 2013

how can that be when there is no work.  I surely have not had an increase.  I am lucky if I get 40 hours in 2 weeks instead of 1 week.  What a joke! ...

What Font & Size Are You Using In Fluency? My
Apr 25, 2013

font changed on it's own from yesterday to today, and I don't like the new one.  Does anyone have any favorites?  Not a burning question, but just curious what everyone's using.   ;) ...

UTERUS STAMP SIZE
Oct 22, 2013

I am very clearly hearing uterus "stamp size" but unable to document pls help ...

Looking For Small To Mid Size Company
Dec 01, 2014

So tired of the "Big" MTSO. Can anyone recommend a smaller company? I'm not really trained to do anything but MT and hate to give up working at home, but I'm probably considered poverty level now with what little I make. There must be some smaller companies around, but I can't find them. ...