A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

posterior lateral basilar chest areas - gabby

Posted: Feb 04, 2014

are these all different areas of the chest? should there be a comma between all of these? posterior lateral basilar chest areas.

I guess I'd put commas - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
They sometimes refer to posterolateral and basilar, but you won't be wrong putting commas between all three.

Similar Messages:

RADIOLOGY: PA And Lateral Chest---NVM!!!!
Nov 19, 2009

Alone in-house today and need a little help. "There is a vague nodular density overlying the anterior first rib approximately 15 mm which suspect is a bone island.  The patient will be recalled for lordotic, reverse lordotic,  and infused cone of the apices." Not sure of the bolded part and even less sure about the word apices. Thanks! He repeated himself a little clearer later on in the dictation.  He said:  "The patient will be recalled for lordotic/reverse lordotic vie ...

Bilateral Breast Reduction With Lateral Chest Suctioning Via (Tuohmy???) System
Nov 03, 2010

s/l tomb-y or toomy Anyone know?! Thanks. ...

Is There A Lateral Bending View Knee X-ray? "AP, Lateral, Sunrise
Feb 15, 2012

x ...

Basal Versus Basilar Cistern In Cranial CT
Nov 17, 2009

In a cranial CT I have always transcribed "basal" cistern, but in the report I have, the doctor clearly is stating "basilar" cistern.  The Stedman's electronic dictionary I have shows "basal" cistern also.  Can someone tell me which is correct, or are they interchangeable?  Thank you. ...

*dull* Ectasia Over The Basilar Artery With Invagination Of The Ventral Medullary Area? Thanks Nm
Nov 14, 2010

nm ...

Areas
Nov 30, 2009

Can someone explain to me what the variances are in the areas?  I know what area I'm in but also have a #6 denoted for my work.  I don't understand what these codes mean in my area (1-6).  My CCM hasn't responded to my question and so I'm hoping somebody here knows the answer.     ...

Okay, Is This Issue With DSQ Only Certain Areas?
Jul 26, 2010

I had a few problems earlier with the NjA and jobs in my cue would disappear but then reappear, but I have no issues now and am working and did not get an email about problems from the Q. ...

Got 3 E Mails That Say All Areas Need Urgent Help
Nov 23, 2013

All of a sudden there is lots of work. What is up with that? they lay off people because not enough work and now work is overflowing. ...

EGD--two Large Areas Of "fingers' Of Inflammation
Feb 24, 2011

in the esophagus!   Fingers??  ...

Lower Extremities And Very S/l Hyperprepinted Areas Compatible With Stigmata
May 22, 2010

Woody skin at the lower extremities and very s/l hyperprepinted areas compatible with stigmata, venous stasis, and poor circulation.   ...

Damp Musty Areas-should There Be A Comma Or Hypen Or / Between Words? Sm
Aug 01, 2013

Indoors there are damp musty areas and cold temperatures, but overall not many problems are noted. ...

Posterior Tib
Oct 19, 2010

When a Dr. dictates "posterior tib"  should it be posterior tibia, posterior tibula, posterior tibial ( an noun does not always follow it) ...

Posterior Pharynx And Oropharynx
Jan 09, 2010

Are the posterior pharynx and oropharynx two different things?   My doc seems to be saying something different than she has ever before and I am mixed up.  I can't find it anywhere.   TIA.  ...

Punctuation For Posterior Inferior Sm
Nov 10, 2011

How would you punctuate "posterior inferior" here? -"There is endplate edema involving the posterior inferior endplate of L1."   I want to hyphenate it. Or maybe just leave it alone.  Any help would be appreciated  Thanks! ...

Posterior Esophageal (s/l) Pul-sa-tom Mass
Nov 18, 2011

The patient does have a past medical history pertinent for having a right aortic arch with an anomalous left subclavian artery and a possible ligamentum resulting in a possible vascular ring.  This was initially picked up after upper GI endoscopy which noted a posterior esophageal (s/l) pul-sa-tom mass. ...

Posterior Pharynx Exam
Feb 12, 2013

s/l malagooti 3 ? ...

(s/l Triumph Or Trianth) Posterior Decompression...
Dec 30, 2010

Below is the complete sentence:  May be a good candidate for "triumph" posterior decompression and disk replacement study.  TIA!  ...

Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
Jan 04, 2012

Some type of posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, but dictatin is extremely muffled. With regard to the *_______ (7:51) (s/l Aceon Gunlanger treatment) of the injuries, the patient has accepted these symptoms consistent with posterior cruciate instability. Also talking about thermal shrinkage procedure in number prior.   Thank you for any help. My software in not reinstalled yet, and I cannot locate it in books or Internet. ...

Basal Joint Versus Basilar Joint
Jul 16, 2012

Are they both the same thing? I've had doctors dictate both and was curious if they meant anything different than thumb CMC? Thank you :-) ...

Electroencephalogram: Unremarkable With 9 Hz Posterior *donum* Rhythm. Thanks. Nm
Apr 15, 2010

nm ...

Peripheral Pulses Are +2 In Posterior And Tibial ____
Jun 22, 2010

NM ...

Posterior Fossa?? Internal Auditory Canal
Oct 01, 2010

MRI scanning of the posterior fossa? internal auditory canal  doc has an accent and I'm not sure.  I haven't heard this before. ...

Posterior Muscular Flap Was Created Using (s/l)gastrox
Jul 23, 2013

posterior muscular flap was created using (s/l)gastrox for a below knee amputation.  Thanks for any help :) ...

There Is Some Thickening Of The *faulks* Posterior To The Surgical Site Which Looks Like Fibrosis.
Oct 05, 2010

patient had frontal meningioma removed.  Thanks. ...

Anterior Posterior Draw, *sloan* Pivot Shift Test Negative. Nm Thanks
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Lateral Meniscus Had S/l Fishering
Jan 07, 2010

Rotator cuff repair.  The lateral meniscus had s/l fishering horizontally. ...

AP And Lateral - Single Entity?
Aug 30, 2012

For a while now, whenever the doctor said, "AP and lateral is taken today," I would change it to "AP and lateral are taken today," but then a thought came to me that what if "AP and lateral" is a single entity, much like "macaroni and cheese," which is usually referred as a single thing. Is that the case with AP and lateral films? ...

Urologic Surgery S/l "angrier Areas"
Jul 30, 2010

Patient having hematuria underwent clot removal and bladder irrigation. Doc says: "There were no discrete bleeders, but several of the s/l angrier areas were fulgurated." Could this *really* be angrier?? I'm thinking maybe tissue can look sort of red and angry, but I'm reaching on this one. Anyone with some experience know if this is a slang-type thing? Thanks. ...

Not Sure I Understand This Change In "service Areas."
Jan 30, 2013

Is this going to change anything for the MT?  Since they are "joining" regions does that mean we will all be pulilng work from every account in the "new" joined region?    ...

S/l Bilateral Lateral Recess And Facement
Nov 10, 2009

An MRI of the lumbosacral spine, also done earlier this year, demonstrates severe neural canal stenosis at L3-4 and L4-5 with bilateral lateral recess and facement, worse in the right at L4-5 with proximal L5 nerve root compression. ...