A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

obtuse marginal branches - Roman or Arabic numbers? - je suis MT

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

Is it "left circumflex obtuse marginal II" or "left circumflex obtuse marginal 2"? 

Thanks. 

Usually they say "second or third" branch; could he just be saying....sm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
the left circumflex obtuse marginal, too", as in also? Could I have full sentence; also, could he be referring to the arterial course, such as left circumflex obtuse marginal to........?

Here's the quote - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
"...history of previous coronary artery bypass grafting of two vessels, with two vein bypass grafts placed: to a left circumflex obtuse marginal I, and a second bypass placed to a left circumflex obtuse marginal II branch."

Appreciate your help/input:)

He is not saying an anatomical number...please see message... - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
What he is saying is that the patient had TWO (2) vessels bypassed, he is listing the TWO VESSELS, which ones were bypassed, there is no other terminology that you are suggesting for those vessels.
Thanks - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
From the way he's saying it, it sounds as if he's naming them "obtuse marginal I" and "obtuse marginal II".

Many thanks - appreciate your input:)
Very welcome!....nm - Cyndiee
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
He IS naming OM1 and OM2....(oh dear!) please see message - elaine
[ In Reply To ..]
You were absolutely right in the first place. These are most certainly anatomical designations!

The doctor is not just counting the numbers of grafts, as suggested by another poster. (!)

In this particular case, two grafts were placed - it just so happens that one was placed to the OM1, another to the OM2. The obtuse marginal branches are absolutely anatomical designations.

They can say first obtuse marginal branch; they can say obtuse marginal 1; they can say OM1.
Thanks! - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
One of the cardiac nurses gave me the same info but she didn't know about Roman vs Arabic numerals. From your post, it looks like Arabic - yes? Many thanks for your help:)
I do use the arabic... : ) - elaine
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what the BOS recommends, but arabic seems to be the standard for this context. ;)

Similar Messages:

Question About Grade, Arabic Or Roman...sm
Nov 01, 2012

I was always taught that grade is always arabic and stage Roman but someone recently told me that is not the case for orthopedic terms, grade III spondylolysis and grade III medial meniscus tear.  Does anyone know if this is correct? ...

Kidney Disease Class -- Roman Or Arabic?
Oct 29, 2009

I've seen kidney disease classifications both Arabic and Roman.  Which is correct?  I've been using Arabic, but I just had an editor change a report to Roman.  I'm confused and can't find it in BOS2.  Thanks! ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

Neck Dissection Levels - Arabic Or Roman? Nm
Oct 10, 2013

. ...

Cardiac Cath Report S/l "obtuse Marginal 2 On 3" Or "213" Ideas? THANKS!!
Aug 22, 2011

Is there an obtuse marginal 3? Only heard of OM1 and 2.  could he be saing 2 or 3? thanks!   ...

Are Ortho Grades And Types Roman Numerals Or Arabic
Oct 26, 2010

Are ortho grades and types Roman numerals or Arabic?  ...

Stage Kidney Disease - Arabic Or Roman? (not Cancer)
May 26, 2013

Nothing in BOS, at least that I could find. Couldn't find anything on Loma Linda University site. Don't recognize the Google hits for arabic.  Anyone know?  Thanks.  ...

How Do We Write Stages Of Labour? ARABIC OR ROMAN NUMERALS?
Jul 23, 2014

how to write stages of labour:  stage 1,2,3 or I, II, III? ...

Fluoroscopically Target Starting At Level I - Arabic Of Roman?
Jun 26, 2015

Also this is treatment for renal calculus, I guess lithotriptsy, but in the name of the procedure he mumbles something starting in what S/L "He______".  Any ideas.  Thank you!  ...

In The Sentence: "Step 2 Heart Healthy Diet." Should The 2 Be Arabic Number 2 Or A Roman
Jun 03, 2011

In the sentence: "Step 2 heart healthy diet."  Should the 2 be Arabic number 2 or a Roman numeral II? ...

Stage Vs Stage/ Roman Vs Arabic
Oct 01, 2013

Is stage capitalized or not as a general rule?  What about as it pertains to renal?  And do we now use arabic or roman numerals?  - perplexed!  Thanks for your help!! ...

Mandibular And S/l Flagomatic Branches
Apr 23, 2011

Pt has discomfort in temporal distribution of the facial nerve.  Mandibular and s/l flagomatic branches have been spared.  Any ideas? ...

She Had A S/l Non Faluting Stenosis In The Distal Circumflex, Marginal. Please SM
Sep 19, 2010

And I need help with this word too, please.  Thank you in advance. She was treated with Mucomyst and s/l sent IV fluids.  Does that make sense? ...

Roman Numerals As Ordinals - Sm
Apr 16, 2010

Anyone got a solid reference for this?  D:  "Exam reveals a sixth nerve palsy." Does it stay as an unadulterated Roman numeral ("...a VI nerve palsy"), get a superscript "th" (which formatting our system doesn't retain) or does it change to word (as above)?  Thanks! ...

Liver Segments Numeric Or Roman Numeral?
Apr 16, 2012

Does anyone know if it matters if the liver segments are roman numerals or numeric?  If you know the answer, give reference to where you find it.  Thanks ...

Are Cranial Nerves No Longer Roman Numerals?
Feb 25, 2015

xx ...

Numbers?
Jan 20, 2010

patient has a longstanding history of intravenous heroin abuse, a 300 dollars a day habit.  Is it $300 a day or three hundred dollars a day, or 300 dollars a day? ...

2 Numbers In A Row
Nov 22, 2011

I am typing a document and the doc states that the patient took 16 10-mg methadone tablets.  How would you guys write the 2 numbers in a row? ...

CCM And 800 Numbers
Jan 14, 2013

Has anyone noticed that CCMs don't have 800 numbers anymore?  They expect us to absorb the cost of a long distance call to talk to our boss.  What us up with that? ...

Does Everybody Keep A Log Of At Least Job Numbers?
Jan 25, 2013

I've been keeping a Notepad document running of all my job numbers in order to confirm Fiesa feedback (sometimes they get the wrong MT, had that happen 3 times so far, so you need to check that if a correction is not familiar to you) or whatever issues might come up. But occasionally I forget to even log a report, and I realized that I can double-check via Metrics as well as with my ID and date on Search Dictations, so why bother?  Just wondering if some don't bother with this and ...

Hyphens In Numbers
Oct 16, 2009

Hi, I have been gigged for this no matter how I do it...I had one QA person that said it should be written   1- x 2-cm and the other one said it should be 1 x 2-cm (which I prefer)..Any experts out there? Thanks ...

Numbers And Meds
Feb 04, 2010

I know we should type the sentence below as: Advair 250/50 1 puff twice a day but to me, that looks like it could be confusing when the dosage and amount of med are so close together.  I know we're not supposed to do it like this but this is what I type instead: Advair 250/50 one puff twice a day. Am I committing a horrible crime here?      ...

Typing Numbers
Dec 10, 2010

How do you type times one week?  (x 1 week or x one week) Please help. ...

I Think The Numbers Speak For Themselves. Sm
Apr 07, 2011

I just put some things together that are enlightening.  MQ/Spheris has 12,000 MT's in the U.S., not counting those overseas.  Transcend has 5,000 MT's in the U.S. and another 1500 in India.  Webmedx has 1200 MT's.  KeyStrokes has 600 MT's.  TT has 200 MT's.  Softscript has 200 MTs.  NEMT has 200 MT's.  Transolutions, or whatever they are called now, has 300 MT's.  Medware, again not sure what their new name is, has 3 ...

Do The Productivity Numbers Really Add Up?
Apr 13, 2011

My actual ASR lph and what they say I could do if there wasn't any "inactive" time is usually almost double. I have no idea how I can humanly close that gap. And yes, I am not using the dreaded mouse. I put my nose to the grind stone with absolutely no inactivity due to doing anything other than edit, and yet, I still come up with the lph they report I am doing rather than what they think I should be able to do without any inactivity. Interesting that this time they had a mouse click re ...

Are Numbers Under 10 Still Spelled Out With The BOS 3 Now?
Jul 18, 2011

Are numbers under 10 still spelled out with the BOS 3 now?  Thanks! ...

Ortho Numbers
Aug 16, 2011

I'm on a new ortho account. He states: Contusion of the right elbow clinically improving IC9719.42/812.0 plus 923.9. I have no idea what these numbers are for. Are they for the coders and if so does anyone know the right formattting for them? I transcribed just as he said. Any help is appreciated! ...

Numbers Or Spell It Out?
Apr 04, 2012

Never get any help here. Never mind. ...

ROMANS OR NUMBERS????
Apr 03, 2013

can anyone give me a clear understanding on what is to be typed in romans or numbers as far as Class, Types, Grades and levels?? Do different work types, i.e., use different ways, such as orthopedics? ...