A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stage Kidney Disease - Arabic or Roman? (not cancer) - Angie

Posted: May 26, 2013

Nothing in BOS, at least that I could find. Couldn't find anything on Loma Linda University site. Don't recognize the Google hits for arabic.  Anyone know?  Thanks. 

According to link inside it is done in Arabic - TheUsualSuspect

[ In Reply To ..]
According to the link below, it is done in Arabic. It's from renal.org so I would presume it's a reliable site.

Thanks. (sm) - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure I trust the source, but appreciate your reply. Thanks!

Similar Messages:

Kidney Disease Class -- Roman Or Arabic?
Oct 29, 2009

I've seen kidney disease classifications both Arabic and Roman.  Which is correct?  I've been using Arabic, but I just had an editor change a report to Roman.  I'm confused and can't find it in BOS2.  Thanks! ...

Stage Vs Stage/ Roman Vs Arabic
Oct 01, 2013

Is stage capitalized or not as a general rule?  What about as it pertains to renal?  And do we now use arabic or roman numerals?  - perplexed!  Thanks for your help!! ...

Stage 4 Kidney Disease Or Stage IV?
Nov 23, 2009

nm ...

Chemotherapy Drug - Chronic Kidney Disease Stage IV On "mupericin" Therapy?
Oct 08, 2012

This is for chronic kidney disease stage IV on "mupericin" therapy?  Thanks in advance! ...

Is It Stage 1 Or Stage I (Roman Numeral) Diastolic Dysfunction?
Apr 04, 2012

Thanks! ...

Question About Grade, Arabic Or Roman...sm
Nov 01, 2012

I was always taught that grade is always arabic and stage Roman but someone recently told me that is not the case for orthopedic terms, grade III spondylolysis and grade III medial meniscus tear.  Does anyone know if this is correct? ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

Neck Dissection Levels - Arabic Or Roman? Nm
Oct 10, 2013

. ...

Obtuse Marginal Branches - Roman Or Arabic Numbers?
Feb 24, 2010

Is it "left circumflex obtuse marginal II" or "left circumflex obtuse marginal 2"?  Thanks.  ...

Are Ortho Grades And Types Roman Numerals Or Arabic
Oct 26, 2010

Are ortho grades and types Roman numerals or Arabic?  ...

How Do We Write Stages Of Labour? ARABIC OR ROMAN NUMERALS?
Jul 23, 2014

how to write stages of labour:  stage 1,2,3 or I, II, III? ...

Fluoroscopically Target Starting At Level I - Arabic Of Roman?
Jun 26, 2015

Also this is treatment for renal calculus, I guess lithotriptsy, but in the name of the procedure he mumbles something starting in what S/L "He______".  Any ideas.  Thank you!  ...

Cancer Staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, Or Stage 4A?
Jun 17, 2013

Cancer staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, or Stage 4A?  ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

In The Sentence: "Step 2 Heart Healthy Diet." Should The 2 Be Arabic Number 2 Or A Roman
Jun 03, 2011

In the sentence: "Step 2 heart healthy diet."  Should the 2 be Arabic number 2 or a Roman numeral II? ...

Stage 4 Or Stage IV Cancer?
Jun 07, 2011

Thank you ...

Chronic Kidney Disease
May 27, 2013

Doctor is dicating what s/l:  patient was admitted to the (GEM) unit?; the patient has chronic kidney disease..thx ...

Q About Staging Of Chronic Kidney Disease
Jan 15, 2010

Doc dictates "The patient has a history of chronic kidney disease (stage 4 to stage 5) ?!?!  is that how it is transcribed per the BOS II ... I just moved and cannot locate my book for verification. ...

Dough/doh Polycystic Kidney Disease
Apr 08, 2011

Doctor is giving list of diagnoses and says "s/l dough polycystic kidney disease." Does anyone anyone know if there is a distinction among the types of polycystic kidney disease that might sound like dough/doh? I know there is a genetic type, but not sure about anything else.  This doc is notorious for adding nonsensical syllables here and there (why can' he say "um" like everybody else??). Any help would be greatly appreciated.   ...

Pt With End-stage Renal Disease
Mar 14, 2010

Patient is a 43-year-old man with a history of end-stage renal disease, status post cadaveric renal transplant in ___.  Patient had multiple episodes of increased (sl corrented) and rejection and had been treated with steroids in the past. Thanks!! ...

End Stage Renal Disease
Nov 21, 2010

Sentence reads.........his  s/l  "INR and PDQ" were both above 90.  Can find INR but PDQ?  Any suggestions?  Thanks so much for your time.  Finnie ...

Stage Of Renal Disease
Jan 16, 2012

Are stages of kidney stage transcribed as roman numerals or arabic numbers? ...

A Test For Chronic Kidney Disease. S/l ''P-urea''
Dec 03, 2009

A 57-year-old woman with chronic kidney disease.  In the Plan, dr (soft spoken with heavy accent) says "We will do a (s/l) P-urea or (s/l) Fe-urea.'' ?   Thanks very much for any help. ...

Chronic Kidney Disease Consultation Report
May 15, 2012

which of the 2 is correct: a.) Lasix 60 mg present by EMF b.)Lasix 60 mg present by EMS? ...

Child W/chronic Kidney Disease On Enalapril And S/l SOO TA. Nm
Jul 11, 2014

x ...

T4b IIA M1a? Cancer Stage
Jan 24, 2014

Doctor states final pathologic staging as "T4B 2A M1A." I've researched it individually and came up with T4b IIA M1a, but I'm unfamiliar with cancer staging, so if anyone can confirm whether this is right, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thank you! ...

Hyphen In End Stage Renal Disease?
Oct 29, 2010

I always have a hard time remembering whether there is a hyphen between "end" and "stage" in end stage renal disease.  Anyone? ...

Patient Has Kohler's Disease Of The Right Foot. Whether This Is S/l(stone Na Claps) Stage Or O
Oct 31, 2011

Patient has Kohler's disease of the right foot.  Whether this is s/l(stone na claps) stage or on into the healing stage, it is difficult to ascertain at this point.   TIA ...

Disease Associated With Breast Cancer
Feb 10, 2011

oncology  - patient has ER/PR positive but HER 2/neu breast cancer.  Dr says "no evidence of s/l spitkin or spifkin" disease???  TIA ...