A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help! 100-mile-an-hour resident! s/l BE (is that barium enema?) examination for colovesical fistula - shortcake

Posted: Sep 10, 2010

That sounds right. - MTLoveā™„

[ In Reply To ..]
That certainly fits if he uses abbreviations like that? There is a barium enema examination for the colovesical fistula.

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to state that this was in PE section of report, sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
and then later in the report it sounded like she said PEA, which then through me off completely. Ended up leaving a blanks...Just had the worst of the worse dictators all day long and I am glad it's over. Have a nice weekend.

oops, I mean threw me off!!! Jeesh, what a day! - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Walk A Mile In My NJA
Sep 17, 2011

never experienced NJA accuse us of being lazy or not willing to work on other accounts? Never fails to amaze me how easy it is for those with "great CCMs, never experiencing NJA because accounts seldom out of work" to assume that WE are the ones not doing something right. ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Barium Swallow
Sep 01, 2011

having problems, doctor dictates "PROCEDURE: Swallowing study with (s/l fake???) barium. Fake barium? It doesn't make sense. any help would be great. ...

Modified Barium Swallow
Sep 11, 2011

MODIFIED BARIUM SWALLOW Patient was given thin liquids, nectar-thickened liquids, pudding, mechanical soft tissues and chopped meats. In the oral phase there is decreased lingual range of motion, coordination and decreased _____.  Sounds like he is saying "dentition".  ...

Fleet's Enema
Dec 23, 2009

Is this correct? ...

Type Of Enema?
Nov 16, 2010

I haven't heard of this type of enema and I can't find it.  It s/l ah-wass-enemas or ah-lots-enemas? He says that he would consider starting the pt. on ? enemas or possibly cortenemas.  It is for bloody mucoid bowel movements and increasing constipation. Thanks. ...

EGD Questions....The Patient Had A Barium Esophogram Showing
Jan 14, 2011

moderate reflux and delay in "transit" (is that the correct word??)  of the barium pill through the distal esphogus.  There were also a significant S/l "tush-i-rary" contractions in the distal esophagus showing delay in "transit."  ...

Resident Dictators
Oct 14, 2009

I have a female resident dictating radiology who tries to break the speed barrier, she sniffs before every sentence, and constantly makes these noises in her throat.  She DRIVES ME CRAZY.  My rant for the day. ...

Okay, I Have A New Resident Dictating A
Jul 02, 2010

3-day hopsital stay discharge summary.  It is 30 minutes long.  This going to be fun.  ...

Initials For Resident/dr/mt
Jul 12, 2010

Help please:) I work at a residency clinic and was wondering how to sign off a letter if you want to put the resident's initials (the one dictating), the precepting doctor and then your initials.  Usually they tell us just to put our initials on a new line, i.e. /mt.  For a doctor you would do: DR/mt, but what about the resident? Do you put both sets of initials? Thanks! ...

Resident Physician
Nov 26, 2010

I have alway been told when in doubt, leave a blank. Resident did not give attending physician's name. There was a doctor's name in the hearder as attending, but I  was not sure so I left the attending line blank at the bottom of the report. My boss calls me and tell s me to go on a limb and guess in the future.  I do not like those ethics because it leaves me up for problems in the future.  Comments welcomed. ...

Resident Dictating
Mar 16, 2011

I've got a resident dictating and is on the PE.  "Blood pressure 110/80 and ___________ was 65 and regular." I know that the blank would be heart rate, but the res says something like "balance" or "bowels"....is there a new term or an old one that has escaped me? TIA ...

Cute Little Resident
Aug 08, 2014

At the end of his discharge summary, the resident says "thank you very much for your help and your time.  I hope you have a nice evening and a nice weekend."    Awe.  That just made me smile.  ...

Ileovesical Fistula?
Mar 09, 2010

The physician is saying ileovesical fistula.  Verbatim account but can make small changes to make correct.  Is ileovesical a word or should I change this to colovesical?  I can't find ileovesical documented anywhere. ...

Lumen/lumina Of/or Fistula
Jun 14, 2011

because of the diameter of the AV fistula, we decided to primarily repair this with interrupted 6-0 Prolene. This did not compromise or lose/loose lumen/lumina of/or fistula, but yet repaired the defect. ...

Rectovesicular Or Rectovestibular Fistula
Nov 29, 2012

Metastatic colon cancer with rectovesicular (or rectovestibular) fistula. Thank you! ...

Anorectal Exam For Perianal Fistula
Feb 25, 2011

I can't figure out this one word. s/l ray-tack or ray-tech Methylene blue was injected into the 11 o'clock fistula opening and there was no excretion into the 10 o'clock one but there was a little staining on a (raytack) that was placed in the anal canal. Thanks ...

Transvaginal Repair Of Vesicovaginal Fistula
Jul 03, 2012

x ...

S/l Rotanelol. Pain Medication. New Resident Dictating, Maybe Mispronounced?
Aug 05, 2011

nm ...

Urology Help. S/l Beevuan Needle For Fistula Repair
Apr 23, 2012

Would really appreciate any help with this "needle" please.  A child is having a fistula repair.  Thank you.   Next, 1% Xylocaine with 1:100,000 epinephrine was infiltrated subcutaneously around the subcoronal fistula site for hemostasis and a circular incision was marked around the fistula tract.  This incision was made with a 15 scalpel blade superficially through the epithelium only.  Using 6-0 PDS sutures on a * s/l beevuan* needle as traction sutures, the surroundi ...

This Dialysis Patient Has An Arteriovenous Fistula In The Left Upper Arm.
Oct 20, 2009

On exam, doc says, "she has a palpable s/l furlin to the upper arm."  It could be something it was treated with.  TIA!! ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

Eye Examination
Dec 16, 2009

Hi Guys, I'm having trouble figuring this dictation out.  I am new to Ophthamology and I have a new doctor from Asia.  Confrontation of visual fields are full to finger counting in both eyes.  (Vergens) are full.  Pen light examination is normal.  The fundus examination of both eyes shows scattered, dark, and blood hemorrhages.  There is no exudate in the posterior (pole) and both maculae appear to be normal.  The words in parenthesis are the ones i' ...

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...

Ortho Examination
Dec 02, 2009

Right thumb revision of amputation.... "On s/l gwen-e-ometer exam today he has full range of motion at his CMCJ." I feel like this may be random english words, but just want to make sure before I kill myself trying to figure it out. Thanks! ...

On Physical Examination..
Mar 01, 2010

Typing on Physical Examination, I hear this:  Abdomen was nontender; no liberetch, no spleen tip...   "liberetch"?!  I think I am going crazy.  What is this? ...

Examination Of The Hair...
Mar 15, 2010

what heading would you put that under? skin? HEENT? or what? kind of silly question I guess, but I just want to make sure. (Patient has thinning hair, btw) thanks ...