A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pea brain resident, telling me comma, space, space, - colon, space, space. period

Posted: Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him!

Residents-think they know it all and have to share it - with everyone. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

my resident just cost me bout 75 keystrokes - cause he changed his mind

[ In Reply To ..]
Now I am going to be told to decrease the number of keystrokes, thereby letting me know just how useless I am to this company. PERFECT!

Depending on what constitutes a line, that is only little more - than a line. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
But if measured in time spent making changes, - it could be costly to MT. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Yes, but true of all corrections. Nature of the job. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
would be nature of the job - if....
[ In Reply To ..]
the Q was not monitoring all of my keystrokes and then reporting back to me ways to improve the amount of keystrokes, mouse usage, or idle time!

What does monitoring have to do with the resident changing his - mind?? Lose your bittereness and SM
[ In Reply To ..]
quit looking at EVERYTHING through MQ eyes. MQ is not the reason for all bad things in the world, like unorganized residents. And no I am not a suit but see no relation between a confused resident and MQ monitoring keystrokes. The resident will be confused whether or not NQ is paying attention and MQ will monitor or not, iregardless of bad dictator.
thank you for telling me what to think - what would I do without you
[ In Reply To ..]
Please, thou smart one, tell me what to make for dinner and any other pertinent wisdom you care to cram down my throat!
Nowhere in post did I tell you what to think, though I will - say, seems you could use my help. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

PAs - Kitty

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a new PA that dictates...the patient was seen by myself and Dr. XXX together in conjunction at the same time together...verbatim account so I have been told to type what she says...makes me want to scream !!!!!!
She will also come on saying.... I put in wrong information in a previous job and you will need to locate that job and make corrections...LOL

my PA - is a mimic

[ In Reply To ..]
he dictates just like the doc whom he assists: cadence, pitch, (bad) punctuation--the whole bit.

at least they don't have the same timbre of voice....

oh, yes: these two primo dons don't want ANYTHING changed--incorrect grammar, punctuation...anything goes.

fine. they're know-it-alls, so if they want their reports to look like they haven't grasped the basics of english, fine by me.

let's make a deal, mr. doc and mr. PA: i don't tell you how to practice medicine, and you don't tell me how to punctuate, spell and parse.

the rest of the account is verbatim, AND we are to correct for such egregious errors.

New age dictators - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't forget the newest crops are technologically savvy. He's likely used to dictating to speech rec.

And actually, it used to be the dictator's responsibility for punctuation, so despite it being annoying to you, he's really doing his job correctly. (Not saying he's punctuating correctly but he's doing what he's supposed to be doing.)

also, I love the doctors who spell everything for you - but never spell it correctly - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Help, Double Space But I Want Single Space
Jul 08, 2014

I am transcribing in MS Office Word and using Medrite XL.  I hit enter and it automatically double spaces.  Don't know why that started but I need single space.  What do I do? ...

Is There A Space Between The Q. And The A.m. In Q.a.m.
Dec 16, 2009

nm.  I am new to MQ but all my 30 years, I have never seen q. a.m.  Is this in the BOS? ...

A (space) LOT
Jun 19, 2014

Maybe I am hoping and praying to get banned, but ALOT is NOT a word. Why oh why do I see it repeatedly on these boards? I understand that internet "speech" is relaxed but I just can't stand it. Moderators - feel free to ban me and put me out of my misery - please and thank you:) ...

Space And Time?
Jan 13, 2010

She has now has lesions in space and time and therefore does has multiple sclerosis. ...

Navasi Space
Jun 05, 2010

Shoulder surgery:  In order to shuttle the sutures for this procedure we did place a spinal needle through _____ space superiorly.    Sounds like Navasi ...

Middle AIR Space Or Middle EAR Space?
Jan 31, 2011

Doc is doing the admit note on a child to put in PE tubes.  Is it "effusion in middle ear space or middle air space"????  Thanks! ...

Desk Space
Feb 10, 2011

Those of you that have two (or more) computers, personal and a company provided one and limited space, what kind of desk set-up do you have?  ...

One Space After Punctuation
Jan 24, 2013

Why would a transcription company you are working for ask you to only put one space after puncutation, like a period?  To cut down on your lines?  ...

One Space After Period Now
Mar 01, 2013

I love how they advertise that they pay for spaces, yet now (after the eBTXT conversion) the drafts are coming in with 1 space after periods.  It looks all run together, of course, not to mention making it more difficult to read as you're editing. ...

S/l Cardia Space
Aug 13, 2013

He says it twice.  It sounds like cardia.  I've heard it before a long time ago, but cannot find it. He says: X-rays of the ankle are reviewed.  Os trigonum noted, but his ___ spacing and alignment are well maintained.  His knee films show excellent bone quality, good _____ space maintenance.  TIA ...

Do You All Now Put Only One Space After The End Of A Sentence?
Apr 02, 2014

I have always our 2, put noticed that AHDI now says 1.  ...

Peritendon Or Per-tendon Space?
Jan 23, 2010

This is a cortisone injection into the subacromial and peri-tendon space.  ...

One Word, Hyphen, Or Space?
Jul 02, 2010

Diagnosed with tachycardia, atherosclerotic heart disease, post angioplasty..... Is post angioplasty correct or should it be one word????  I have also found it with a hyphen so any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Work Space Comfort
May 10, 2011

I have been an MT for a long time and growing tired of the profession.  Until I find something else, I need to know what MTs out there do just to be comfortable in their work space.  I feel like I can't sit still, very uncomfortable.  any thoughts? ...

Is Everyone Else's MQ ASR End-of-sentence Spacing 1 Space
Jun 29, 2011

after the period or 2 spaces? The accounts I do have only 1 space after the period rather than the usual 2 spaces. I notice that on the final patient copy there are 2 spaces after the period. Makes me suspicious of possible line count manipulation. I am sure that I am probably losing a lot of money over time not getting paid for that space. ...

Auto Back Space
Jan 21, 2013

Can someone tell me how to adjust this thing?  Thanks! ...

Vascular Space Of Graves?
Jul 02, 2013

I am doing an open hysterectomy and I keep hearing the phrase "vascular space of graves".  I cannot find anything in my books or on Google that confirms this or gives me any clue.  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks!! ...

Why Don't These Docs Go To A Quiet Space?
Jul 23, 2013

It would not be a bid deal for MModal to TELL these doctors how to dictate..I am sure they are clueless as to what comes over the phone lines. A bunch of cackling hens in the background of an already mumbling dictator is just ridiculous. Why do they not just tell them that phones pick up what is in the background? And while your at it, teach them how to end a dictation, cause the dialtones are killing my ears!!! ...

The Retroperitoneal Space Was Opened And Exposed
Jan 12, 2010

using a s/l "_____ bookwalter". ...

I Would Like To Comment On The Use One Space After A Period At The End Of A Sentence.
Sep 09, 2010

Over and over on these boards I read angry and disgruntled posts from MTs about how they feel it is only due to greed on the part of their MTSO, or due to some conspiracy carefully crafted by AHDI, that requires one space after a period at the end of a sentence.  One period after the end of a sentence is not strictly an MT standard.   Everywhere in media, print journalism, and academia one space between sentences has become the norm. This, ...

Fibrotibias Joint Space Narrowing...
Sep 20, 2010

"X-rays.  Hands - OA, osteopenia.  Knees - s/l fibrotibias joint space narrowing.  Left knee - mild tricompartmental degenerative changes."  I thought maybe she was just mispronouncing fibulotibial, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking something else.  Thanks! ...

Re Post About Tweaking Work Space. Has Anyone Else Done
Dec 15, 2010

x ...

Stein(?) Intermetatarsal Space Release?
Mar 02, 2011

Okay, I get this all the time and always have to leave a blank.  Can anybody help?  Have you heard of a s/l stein intermetatarsal space release?  I've checked Stine, Stein, Styne...can't find anything.  Thanks! ...

PC Shorthand - Leaving A Space Between Age Of Patient?
Jan 23, 2012

I started using PC Shorthand.  How do I get  "year-old" to print out right.  It seems to be leaving a space between age of patient?   ...

Moving And Getting A Nice New Office Space
Jan 30, 2012

I'm so excited to be moving and actually having a large official office space rather than the glorified broom closet-sized space I've been using for a few years now, lol! Does anyone have any decorating tips or able to post a picture of your home office setup?  I'm actually going to have room for bookshelves, etc., and not have everything precariously positioned on top of a small computer table on rollers. Anyone who would care to share ideas or even post pictures of your o ...

Companies Who Use Single Space After A Period
Apr 07, 2012

Does anyone know of companies who use a single space after a period? I need a second IC position and am worried I will be making mistakes if I type double space for one and single space for another. Not a huge deal maybe though? Ideas? Thx! ...

How To Turn Off Auto Back Space?
Sep 06, 2012

Thanks! ...

How To adjust The Auto Back Space?
Feb 27, 2013

Can  anyone tell me how to adjust the auto back space?  I hate that darned thing! ...

How Do You Find A Quiet Space To Work When You've Run Out Of Room?!?!?!
Feb 05, 2010

I recently moved into a small two bedroom house.  It's an older house with a very creepy basement that is not finished, is damp, and just gross.  Until I can afford to convert the garage or re-do the basement, my teenaged son has one bedroom and my 8yo daughter and I share the the master BR.  Meanwhile my husband sleeps in the LR on the couch (our relationship is basically that of friends now who can't afford divorce).  Anyway, my desk currently is in the LR.  ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - How To Get It To Single Space
Mar 04, 2010

I have a test to do in Word-2007 and it's double spacing and I can't figure out how to get it to single space.  Thanks everyone. ...