A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cute little resident - made me go awe

Posted: Aug 08, 2014

At the end of his discharge summary, the resident says "thank you very much for your help and your time.  I hope you have a nice evening and a nice weekend." 

Awe.  That just made me smile. 

Resident - Anonymous one

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone in his family is probably an MT and he has learned to appreciate what we do!

Resident - anonymous one - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
That's funny - You pictured it being a male resident, and you pictured it being a female resident.

Assuming - Anonymous one

[ In Reply To ..]
The OP says "cute little resident." I assumed that the person who wrote that was female so I assumed that the resident was male.
OP here - yes I am a female, and yes the resident was - male - I believe I said
[ In Reply To ..]
"at the end of HIS discharge summary"

He sounds like a young kid and I'm over 50. They're all cute little residents when they're not pi$$ing me off.

:)

Or maybe he realizes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that a lot of people/professions contribute to patients' care. I suspect he's just as appreciative of what nurses & others do. I only hope he doesn't lose that quality.

Great doctors - BG

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a couple of clients ... they are just great! Always remember to say thank you at the end of the dictation and they pay on time as well. I am really fortunate.

Similar Messages:

So Cute....
Oct 05, 2011

One of my doctors has a pet duck, and I hear it quacking in the background sometimes.  At first, I wasn't sure if it was a toy, because I also hear children sometimes, but for sure it is a duck....Awwwwwww...... Love it when my docs do something to remind me they are human, like babies crying in the background or children playing..... ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

I Always Thought It Was Cute To Spell A Child's Name Different
Mar 22, 2013

I had to TYPE them, OMG!  I type for a pediatric clinic and these name spellings are outrageous!  The way my platform works, I type in the patient's name the way it sounds and after the dictation is done a search list comes up and I am ALWAYS having to go back and change the spelling I gave.  I used to think it was all cute to spell a child's name different, but now if another, I may name her "Mary" LOL.  I just typed on a kid named Jacob, but of course it was spell ...

Resident Dictators
Oct 14, 2009

I have a female resident dictating radiology who tries to break the speed barrier, she sniffs before every sentence, and constantly makes these noises in her throat.  She DRIVES ME CRAZY.  My rant for the day. ...

Okay, I Have A New Resident Dictating A
Jul 02, 2010

3-day hopsital stay discharge summary.  It is 30 minutes long.  This going to be fun.  ...

Initials For Resident/dr/mt
Jul 12, 2010

Help please:) I work at a residency clinic and was wondering how to sign off a letter if you want to put the resident's initials (the one dictating), the precepting doctor and then your initials.  Usually they tell us just to put our initials on a new line, i.e. /mt.  For a doctor you would do: DR/mt, but what about the resident? Do you put both sets of initials? Thanks! ...

Resident Physician
Nov 26, 2010

I have alway been told when in doubt, leave a blank. Resident did not give attending physician's name. There was a doctor's name in the hearder as attending, but I  was not sure so I left the attending line blank at the bottom of the report. My boss calls me and tell s me to go on a limb and guess in the future.  I do not like those ethics because it leaves me up for problems in the future.  Comments welcomed. ...

Resident Dictating
Mar 16, 2011

I've got a resident dictating and is on the PE.  "Blood pressure 110/80 and ___________ was 65 and regular." I know that the blank would be heart rate, but the res says something like "balance" or "bowels"....is there a new term or an old one that has escaped me? TIA ...

S/l Rotanelol. Pain Medication. New Resident Dictating, Maybe Mispronounced?
Aug 05, 2011

nm ...

Help! 100-mile-an-hour Resident! S/l BE (is That Barium Enema?) Examination For Colovesical Fistula
Sep 10, 2010

.. ...

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...