A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

capitalize headache clinic - dawn

Posted: Feb 01, 2010

woman with a long history of chronic daily headaches, failure of multiple treatments with a visit to the headache clinic of Michigan.

I am thinking--if it were The Michigan Headache Clinic

then it would be capital?

Michigan Headache Clinic - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
I would capitalize "Michigan Headache Clinic", but I would not capitalize "the" unless it were part of the official name.

I think I would probably capitalize "Headache Clinic" in your original sentence, since it sounds like the doctor is trying to denote an actual institution. (Probably Michigan Headache Clinic!)

thanks elaine, I get what you're saying - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]

YW! - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
;)

Similar Messages:

To Capitalize Or Not To Capitalize, That Is The Question
Oct 17, 2010

Learning the book of style and trying to decide in this sentence whether or not to capitalize Neurology and pain medicine.    He was seen by Pain Medicine and Neurology. thanks in advance ...

Holocephalic Headache?
Jan 18, 2010

is that correct? or is it halocephalic?? ...

Stedmens Headache
Apr 21, 2010

I'm using Stedmans 2006 and when installing it only gives one choice of software to use with; i.e., either Microsoft Office Suite or Wordperfect and other choices.  I want to use for both applications.  Is that possible.  I can't figure out.  Thanks! ...

LNP, L&P, LP Test For Headache?
Aug 29, 2011

Pt 50-yo male here to follow up headache post ER visit. "At ER, had a CT scan and LNP(? or L&P?) done." Later dictator says "LP and CT scan were normal." Are we talking about LP = lumbar puncture? There is no other info on ER visit :( Finally determined as migraine. Seems pretty severe tests for a migraine. ...

Headache Descriptor: Bruise?
Sep 06, 2011

Pt has left-sided headaches with features of cluster headaches. "She describes it as a bruise." Does that sound correct? Dictator is native, but the descriptor just sounds odd to these newbie ears. ...

Bilaterally Central Headache?
Aug 23, 2012

Is there such a thing as a bilaterally central headache?  I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this ESL doctor, but I can't figure out what else she might be saying that sounds like this. Thanks so much for your help! ...

Sinus Headache And Pressure
Jan 31, 2015

My eyes are burning, tearing and are out of focus, my cheeks and upper teeth are killing me and I have a headache at my eyebrows, but I'm still working. Anybody else work while sick just to make ends meet?? Anybody else work sick because they don't want to have to go through all we have to go through just for missing a shift? ...

Micromol/milimole Give Me A Headache
Nov 20, 2010

. ...

Patient In For Migraine Headache..Doc Say: She Is Now Off The Beta-HCG. Can This Be Correct??? Nm
Jul 26, 2011

.. ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

Neuro Eval For Headache. There Is No Pain On S/l Bal-ak-man Of The Eyes Through Closed Eyelids.
Oct 01, 2014

x ...

Capitalize?
Nov 06, 2009

right-handed woman, a retired foreign service core officer ...

To Capitalize Or Not To Capitalize
Dec 13, 2010

Trying to understand BOS when capitalizing departments.  Doctor says to see cardiology tomorrow.  So is cardiology capitalized?  Anyone have an easy way of remembering the rule on this?  Thx in advance ...

Do I Capitalize?
Jan 19, 2012

I have seen tons of different ways to write the following and am wondering what is the actual correct way?  When using the words "type 2 diabetes mellitus" in a document, do you initial capitilize it or leave it all lowercase?  ...

Capitalize Fallopian? Nm
Mar 17, 2010

? ...

Do You Capitalize Urology?
Jul 30, 2010

I need help with capitalization. I have myself confussed with some of the ruling for departments and services.  With this sentence: The perineum and vagina were prepped and draped and the ureteral stent was placed by urology service.  Do you capitalize urology?  Thank you ...

Capitalize H In Hepatitis?
Jan 23, 2011

Do you capitalize the H in hepatitis C? ...

Why Does Everyone Capitalize Nitinol?
Feb 13, 2014

For those of you who take the time to view this post - I'm banging my head in frustration here!  NITINOL DOES NOT NEED A CAPITAL N!  It is nitinol basket, nitinol wire, nitinol mesh stent...etc, etc. Pull out a ref. book, for Pete's sake!!  There - now i've said my piece, I can go back to correcting the 900 instances of the capital N in the reports i'm auditing.  Does anyone bother to review Feedback?  If so, I wouldn't have to change Nitinol to ...

Scotty Dog, Capitalize Or Not
May 27, 2014

When typing scotty dog view, is this capitalized or not? And is it spelled scotty or scottie? Also, can you give me a reference of where you get your answer please? Thanks! ...

Chopat Strap...capitalize Or Not?
Oct 21, 2009

Chopat strap. tia. I also have seen it as Cho-Pat. ...

Capitalize Army Troop?
Jan 26, 2010

is a 39-year-old active duty Army troop with functional gait abnormality ...

To Capitalize Or Not...department Names
May 24, 2010

When do you capitalize departments?  I have been in the biz for 10 years, and my current QA staff is giving me conflicting feedback on my capitalization.  One QA manager is giving me errors for not capitalizing, the other is giving me errors when I do!  I was always taught that you didn't capitalize the department unless it was preceded by the proper name of the hospital (XYZ Hospital Emergency Department, etc). Also, as far as specialties, how do you handle those?  For ...

Capitalization - How Do You Know When To Capitalize Departments
Mar 15, 2013

How do you know when to capitalize departments.  I've always typed emergency room, radiology, cardioliogy, dialysis.  Now its Radiology, Cardiology, Dialysis, emergency room.  Why isn't the ER capiltized if the others are?  Also, if home health comes to a persons home to dress their wounds would home health be capitalized or if someone goes to urgent care is that capitalized?  Can someone explain how I would know when to capitalize something.  Otherwise I find myself losing time ...

Capitalize Urgent Care Facility?
Oct 12, 2009

He was seen at the urgent care facility becuase of his discomfort ...

Would You Capitalize Home Health Nursing Or Not
Oct 23, 2009

? ...

Macro In Word To Go Back And Capitalize Something?
Apr 20, 2010

Every once in a while my shift key doesn't take and I have a sentence started without a capital letter.  Is there an way to create a macro that can go back and do that so that I don't have to either backspace out or stop and go back and correct and then carry on? I'm thinking to do a find function to go find the last period and then tell it to skip to the next letter, but I'm not entirely sure how that would go. If anyone's got any suggestions, I'd really app ...

Doc Starts Sentence With An Abbreviation? How To Capitalize
Oct 11, 2010

The doc starts the sentence with p.r.n., how would this be capitalized? P.r.n. ? P.R.N. ? ("p.r.n. medications for anxiety.") ...

Capitalize Headings Under Physical Exam?
Aug 23, 2012

Hi, I am doing an Emergency Room report and looked up several samples of ER Reports.  Under PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, some of the sample on the Internet have (for instance) HEART and EXTREMITIES in all caps, but others transcribe it as "Heart" and "Extremities", not in all caps.  Which is preferred?  Thanks so much. ...

Do I Capitalize Emergency Medical Technician
Sep 17, 2013

Do I capitalize Emergency Medical Technician or just Emergency medical technician. As is the patient works for ----- hospital as an emergency medical technician. Also, do you capitalize a medical proffession name after the doctors name. Ex-Dr. Smith, Oncologist or oncologist. I have looked and looked, but I thought it should be and someone else thinks it shouldnt. Trying to get the correct format. I just cant remember and I cannot seem to find in my BOS. Thanks for the help. ...

Capitalize First Letter In Numbered List
Apr 16, 2015

I already have Capitalize the first sentence checked in Autocorrect.  Has anyone created a macro to automatically captialize the first letter of each item in a numbered list? Would so appreciate it. ...