A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This white screen in DQS7 is killing me. Eyes hurt, headache. - dnr

Posted: Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had no idea what it is like to do hours and hours of typing.

someone posted the solution below - a couple days ago nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Blue blocker glasses - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I use blue blocker glasses I ordered from Amazon, Uvex S1933X, $8.25. They block the blue from any light, saves my eyesight and helps me sleep. I wear them anytime I look at a blue screen or after dark, also F.Lux after dark. I learned about them from Jack Kruse, it has something to do with cortisol and artificial light. Anyway, I use them and they are wonderful. No more headaches or eye strain. I tried using regular sunglasses, but they didn't work.

They don't make you sleepy? Seems to be their main use, - promoting better sleep.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm interested in trying these, though. I loved being able to change the background color when I was on DQS a while back, but now that I'm on EditScript (rogue here from another board, heh), I can't change the background color because of the red tracking box, darn it, so back to white background, ugh.

Not really, depends - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I find that I can go to sleep earlier than I did before, which is something I had always wanted to do, and my sleep is better. I read recently on that 2 hours of screen time per day is best, but I don't often follow that rule. I guess it depends on your work hours. I think they would make you sleepier if you tried to stay up late, and so I changed my work schedule so I get off earlier than I used to. I used to stay up until 12 or 1 am watching TV or online, now I try to sleep by 10 or 10:30 and I feel much better, more energy. Am planning to get out of MT and work in an office, so I will need to get up earlier anyway.
I work 3rd shift, about 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. - better sleep
[ In Reply To ..]

So not sure how that would work for me.  Anything that would help reduce eye fatigue should help me feel less tired, though, so maybe the effects would cancel each other out in the long run, leaving me about the same tiredness-wise overall but with my eyes feeling better.  Cheap enough to be worth experimenting with anyway.  Thanks for the tip.  

Cool

Turn resolution down on monitor... - minus button

[ In Reply To ..]
It changes it just enough to not hurt. Play with it a bit.

Similar Messages:

Neuro Eval For Headache. There Is No Pain On S/l Bal-ak-man Of The Eyes Through Closed Eyelids.
Oct 01, 2014

x ...

Meditech Question (white Screen Background)
Feb 16, 2011

How do you create canned text?  I know to use the F4, then F9 to select the canned text but I don't know how to create my own canned text. Any help is appreciated.   ...

Meditech Question (version With White Screen Background)
May 29, 2011

I used the older Meditech and had no problems.  Now we are using the newer Meditech, version 4.23a workstation.  I am having major upload/download speed issues.  Like it is taking 30 minutes to type a simple 2-minute report into the system.  The hospital employees are not having this issue but people that work from home are.  I tried to type the document in my word and then copy and paste over to Meditech but the speed is still slow.  I'm using XP and broadband internet!  IT has bee ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

Wanna Hurt Them
Mar 04, 2010

It started with forcing us to do ASR, with a 20% reduction in pay, then upped the reduction to 40%. They shove TeamWork down our throats - not for Our benefit, but to make life easier for the CCMs. Every time we get a new, improved "rule" it involves our unpaid time to read their unintelligible emails and try to decipher them.  I don't Want Benchmark, or to be a member of ADHI.  But this latest atrocity gives me "homicidal ideation."  Penalties for blanks!  Puh-l ...

Sour Grapes Can Hurt
Aug 05, 2010

This website has so much negativity.  Looks like I don't need you in my life.  Who wants that?  There are other ways, places to build one up for encouragement and help.MTStars?  Some of you:  STARS NOT.  But some of you were helpful, supportive and nice.  I got so discouraged on Wednesday after posting my FIRST posting I posted EVER on an MT site.  My first time posting on any MT site looking for advice and help with an honest ques ...

Disappointed, Hurt, And Confused
Feb 24, 2012

I have worked for the same company for many years and I worked very hard to get into a QA position.  I have worked in QA for the past 3 years and have never heard anything but good things about my work.  Well…all couple of weeks ago, I get an email that the company will be making some changes to the team I work on and then last week, I am notified all the QA people are being demoted. They told me that it didn't have anything to do with my job performance and they didn' ...

QA Killing Me.
Sep 12, 2011

Talk about demoralizing.   We are told to speed up on editing, watch out for "over-editing", then get dinged for omitting an "a or an" or something which absolutely changes nothing.  I can understand mistakes are mistakes, but grr....  feel like I need to jump ship here before I get terminated.  For the most part QA is pretty good and fairly consistent here, but I feel some of these things are not worthy of being sent to your supervisor and put in your file.  Of cou ...

QA Killing Me
Sep 04, 2012

QA is killing me.  My super is having me retrained on the system - again.  Too many errors.  I get errors for the dumbest stuff and critical errors for things that are not critical.  I got up this morning and cried for an hour because of the corrections that came in.  I'm so stressed I can't even type, which is a good thing because either she cut me off from work or there is no work available and I'm not sure which.  Ok, I had to vent, thanks for list ...

This ASR Dictator Is Killing Me!
Dec 06, 2009

This doctor says "ah" inbetween just about every other word.  So I'm spending all my time in the ASR taking out a bunch of "a's"!!! Wouldn't normally ah vent, but I've ah had her a lot ah today! ...

Why Does Everyong Back AHDI/AAMT When They Hurt Us? (sm)
Oct 04, 2010

Could someone please tell me why MTs are members of AHDI?  Everytime I hear about a new "rule" from the BOS, it does nothing more than lower my line count once again.  I really think that this organization is for the employers, rather than the MTs.  The hospitals, etc, want you to follow BOS for all things that cut line counts, but then do it their way for other things.  Drives me nuts the amount of times I have heard, this account follows BOS, except for............. & ...

Help!!! ESL Dictator Killing Me Tonight
Feb 23, 2012

Ortho report...referral for a BKA on a patient with multiple and significant "comprabilities"? He even goes so far as to use Comprabilities as a heading before listing the patient's medical issues. Paragraph beginning is as follows.. "Mr. X, who was referred here at the request of Dr. Y for evaluation of below-the-knee amputation of the right leg. The patient has multiple major ________ including end stage renal disease status post renal transplant, peripheral arterial disease status post ...

U-tox Screen Or Utox Screen?
Feb 02, 2011

which urinary toxicology abreviation is used? ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

A Lot Of Good Wx Employees Got Hurt..bonus Plan May Become The Joke Of The Industry!
Dec 14, 2011

Wasn't that EXCITING (lol) hearing from "J the loose cannon" that has been slithering around on numerous mtso ship decks knocking holes in said ships sending them to the bottom. I wanted to make a post like this back when his then boss or captain (ceo S.C.) talked about wmx being a ship and keeping it going on a straight heading bla bla bla. Instead I like a fool just stayed aboard hoping and hoping for a better platform but no more! Them bringing J the "loose cannon" into th ...

Reading A CNN Story About A Florida Hospital Killing
Jun 02, 2015

surgery (not enough operations to become skilled). The hospital has been trying very hard to keep the information out of public consumption. Something in the article reminded me of Nuance and the difficulties of trying to get paid from them for things they owe, like paid breaks, internet reimbursement, OOW pay, etc. The final sentence is the one the most telling and the one that will be the most pleasing to hear when Nuance has to pay up against their will. When CNN filed a Freedom of ...

Holocephalic Headache?
Jan 18, 2010

is that correct? or is it halocephalic?? ...

Stedmens Headache
Apr 21, 2010

I'm using Stedmans 2006 and when installing it only gives one choice of software to use with; i.e., either Microsoft Office Suite or Wordperfect and other choices.  I want to use for both applications.  Is that possible.  I can't figure out.  Thanks! ...

LNP, L&P, LP Test For Headache?
Aug 29, 2011

Pt 50-yo male here to follow up headache post ER visit. "At ER, had a CT scan and LNP(? or L&P?) done." Later dictator says "LP and CT scan were normal." Are we talking about LP = lumbar puncture? There is no other info on ER visit :( Finally determined as migraine. Seems pretty severe tests for a migraine. ...

Capitalize Headache Clinic
Feb 01, 2010

woman with a long history of chronic daily headaches, failure of multiple treatments with a visit to the headache clinic of Michigan.   I am thinking--if it were The Michigan Headache Clinic then it would be capital?     ...

Headache Descriptor: Bruise?
Sep 06, 2011

Pt has left-sided headaches with features of cluster headaches. "She describes it as a bruise." Does that sound correct? Dictator is native, but the descriptor just sounds odd to these newbie ears. ...

Bilaterally Central Headache?
Aug 23, 2012

Is there such a thing as a bilaterally central headache?  I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this ESL doctor, but I can't figure out what else she might be saying that sounds like this. Thanks so much for your help! ...

Sinus Headache And Pressure
Jan 31, 2015

My eyes are burning, tearing and are out of focus, my cheeks and upper teeth are killing me and I have a headache at my eyebrows, but I'm still working. Anybody else work while sick just to make ends meet?? Anybody else work sick because they don't want to have to go through all we have to go through just for missing a shift? ...

Micromol/milimole Give Me A Headache
Nov 20, 2010

. ...

Patient In For Migraine Headache..Doc Say: She Is Now Off The Beta-HCG. Can This Be Correct??? Nm
Jul 26, 2011

.. ...

So What Does Everyone Think Of DQS7 By Now?
May 21, 2012

x ...

DQS7.1
Sep 10, 2012

Is anybody else noticing part of ASR missing from DQS7.1 reports? Very frustrating. I feel like I am typing a majority of the report for SR crap pay. ...

Does DQS7.1 Know
Sep 13, 2012

I spend much more time editing than I used to because of no commas in lists of meds, etc. Come on!! I can't believe they couldn't program the *&$# thing better than that. And the HEADER thing!?! Willy-nilly-free-for-all headers. My Rant for Today. Thank you. ...

DQS7 Postponed Again
Jan 05, 2012

This company has never, ever introduced new software or a new account that did not have to have its intro postponed.  You would think they might have learned by now not to make any announcements until all the kinks are worked out but no, not MQ.  Yet the MTs have to be 99% accurate.  Everyone else can just goof off. ...