A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

acute on chronic - MrsNice

Posted: May 22, 2010

Which is the correct way -- acute on chronic or acute-on-chronic?

no hyphens - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

it depends - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
acute-on-chronic bronchitis
bronchitis is acute on chronic.

hyphens either way - always acute-on-chronic

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Acute-on-chronic Or Acute On Chronic
Feb 06, 2010

How would  you type this... Acute-on-chronic or acute on chronic? ...

Acute-on-chronic Vs Acute On Chronic
May 31, 2011

I have used acute-on-chronic for years, but more recently my VR prints out acute on chronic.  Did I miss something?  i.e. acute-on-chronic kidney disease. ...

Acute On Chronic COPD
Jan 11, 2012

SOAP report, under A. Is it transcribed as "Acute on chronic chronic obstructive pulmonary disease" or "Acute on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease"? ...

Which Is It Guys! Acute AND Chronic Back Pain
Mar 20, 2010

I just received my audit of five reports and in the diagnosis I put: Acute and chronic low back pain.  I received a minor feedback and it was changed in the diagnosis to: Acute on chronic low back pain.  Is this something new that I am not aware of? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type "acute On Chronic?"
Mar 03, 2010

Is it acute-on-chronic?  Or acute on chronic? ...

Chronic Bysacalebrium?
Nov 10, 2011

S/s Chronic bysacalebrium from a spina bifida.   Not sure if it starts with a B. Sounds like it definitely ends with "brium". I'm having a heck of a time finding anything remotely like it or a list of things caused by spina bifida. ...

Medication For Chronic Pain
Nov 07, 2009

This is a patient with chronic neck pain who takes hydrocodone 7.5/325 and what sounds like "carcithordal" 325 mg 4  times daily - any ideas ...

ASR Chronic Errors List
Sep 09, 2010

Here are some of my observances of chronic ASR errors, though sometimes it gets it right.  Most are not a biggie, but one could get marked down on an audit. 1.  BiPaP.  Should be BiPAP.  2.  Levothyroxine.  ASR capitalizes the "L" for some reason.  This med is a generic for the brand Levothyroid.  Should be levothyroxine. 3.  FIO2.  Should be FiO2. 4.  Hospice.  In the English dictionary, this is simply hospice. If a specific organi ...

Chronic (s/l) Tonsillus Production?
Oct 13, 2010

Tonsillectomy report and it says, "She also has chronic tonsillus production?"  It s/l tonsillus or tonsillis? Does anyone know what that word could be?  Thanks. ...

Chronic Woody Cholecystitis?
Oct 26, 2010

He is clearly stating "woody" but is it spelled like this?  Thanks. ...

Chronic Tonsil Infection
Jul 10, 2012

She has (deforter) breathing and (epic) episodes per her mother. Help! ...

Chronic Kidney Disease
May 27, 2013

Doctor is dicating what s/l:  patient was admitted to the (GEM) unit?; the patient has chronic kidney disease..thx ...

S/l Chronic Tropic-impairing Medicines
Nov 04, 2009

Diltiazem, digoxin, and s/l chronic tropic-impairing medicines are now stopped. Patient has atrial arrythmia. ...

Q About Staging Of Chronic Kidney Disease
Jan 15, 2010

Doc dictates "The patient has a history of chronic kidney disease (stage 4 to stage 5) ?!?!  is that how it is transcribed per the BOS II ... I just moved and cannot locate my book for verification. ...

S/l Coryzal Chronic Liver Disease..help Please
Jun 11, 2010

scheduled for upper endoscopy to rule out s/l "coryzal" chrinic liver disease???   TY ...

Chronic Renal Insufficiency, Secondary To
Mar 06, 2011

Chronic renal insufficiency, secondary to s/l "knee-fur" sclerosis ...

S/l Chronic Small Drain Hepatitis B
Feb 15, 2012

s/l Chronic small drain hepatitis B ...

A Test For Chronic Kidney Disease. S/l ''P-urea''
Dec 03, 2009

A 57-year-old woman with chronic kidney disease.  In the Plan, dr (soft spoken with heavy accent) says "We will do a (s/l) P-urea or (s/l) Fe-urea.'' ?   Thanks very much for any help. ...

Chronic Kidney Disease Consultation Report
May 15, 2012

which of the 2 is correct: a.) Lasix 60 mg present by EMF b.)Lasix 60 mg present by EMS? ...

Patient With Cold Chronic Bipolar Disorder?
Jul 03, 2014

She's got chronic mood disorder, and he says  could also have  "cold"  chronic bipolar disorder.  Google was of no help.  ...

Child W/chronic Kidney Disease On Enalapril And S/l SOO TA. Nm
Jul 11, 2014

x ...

Acute Care - What Does Acute Care Consist Of?
Apr 08, 2010

I know this is a really stupid question but, what does acute care consist of?  What types of reports are acute care?  I understand that it is basically emergency type of care or short-term care, but exactly what types of reports would you be transcribing? TIA ...

Drug S/l *nephro V Gay*. Pt Has Chronic Renal Failure And Lymphoma. Thanks. Nm
Apr 10, 2011

nm ...

Referral To A Dermatologist For A Chronic S/l *DPSP* Skin Condition???
Dec 02, 2011

Sounds like...Referral to a dermatologist for a chronic "DPSP" skin condition. Not sure if she is actually saying DPSP, but that's what it sounds like...TIA!!!! ...

Chronic Medical Illnesses Include *patent* Cardiac Valve.
Oct 29, 2009

nm tia   ...

Her High Dose Of SSRI Would Most Likely Have S/l Un-master) Into A More Chronic Manic State.
Nov 19, 2009

thanks guys!!! ...

It Sounds Like More Chronic Labyrinthine Disease And Probably Related *olorific* Damage. Thanks. Nm
May 22, 2010

nm ...

Any Long-time MTs (over 30 Years) Having Chronic Neck/back Pain
Apr 25, 2011

Any long-time MTs (over 30 years) having chronic neck/back pain, hand pain, wrist pain, migraines, etc., ever had luck at filing a workers comp claim? ...

Med S/l 'sear-a-mere', Given In List. PMH Of Diabetes, Hypertension, OSA, Chronic Kidney
May 11, 2013

nm ...

Continuing To Heal From A Chronic, Slowly Healing Wound In The Right "peery Ancurrent" Che
Jul 01, 2010

He has been continuing to heal from a chronic, slowly healing wound in the right "peery ancurrent" chest, which was thought to be tracheocutaneous fistula.  He has been having close follow-up at the VA ENT Clinic.  He continues to have a tracheostomy in place and has failed multiple capping trials. ...