A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any long-time MTs (over 30 years) having chronic neck/back pain - wittyoma

Posted: Apr 25, 2011

Any long-time MTs (over 30 years) having chronic neck/back pain, hand pain, wrist pain, migraines, etc., ever had luck at filing a workers comp claim?

39 years, watched my posture, never a problem. - anonabliss

[ In Reply To ..]
in the 70s/80s I worked inhouse - we had seminars to prevent this occupational hazzard from happening. I must have paid attention, or it was sleep learning because I remember really being bored during those things.

And after that one came..."how to wash your hands."

No - but yoga and a diet with a ton - of veggies

[ In Reply To ..]
little sugar, little caffeine, and hourly stretches reversed all my symptoms.

Yes, 6 weeks of Workers Comp for a computer - injury to my neck. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Neck/Back pain - Beckysez

[ In Reply To ..]
About 10 years ago I followed the advice of another transcriptionist and put my keyboard in my lap. NO neck pain, NO back pain, no tired arms. It works great for me.

Similar Messages:

Which Is It Guys! Acute AND Chronic Back Pain
Mar 20, 2010

I just received my audit of five reports and in the diagnosis I put: Acute and chronic low back pain.  I received a minor feedback and it was changed in the diagnosis to: Acute on chronic low back pain.  Is this something new that I am not aware of? ...

Patient With Back, Neck And Shoulder Pain. Negative
Mar 15, 2011

x ...

Medication For Chronic Pain
Nov 07, 2009

This is a patient with chronic neck pain who takes hydrocodone 7.5/325 and what sounds like "carcithordal" 325 mg 4  times daily - any ideas ...

He Demonstrates Full Range Of Motion Of His Neck Without Pain Or S/l "C-spine" Tenderness
Mar 04, 2010

He demonstrates full range of motion of his neck without pain or s/l "C-spine" tenderness to palpation. ...

Neck Pain: This Might Represent "travodynia"??
Jun 28, 2013

Sounds like trav-odynia, crav-odynia??   HElP!!  ...

How Long Should An MT With 10+ Years Experience Expect To Be On
Apr 26, 2011

Sometimes I wonder with companies who pay an MT less while they are on full QA, if they don't simply keep that MT on QA for as long as possible to avoid paying the higher rate.  Has anyone ever pressed the QA issue? ...

HEENT/neck S/l Conjack Time Normal. No JVD.
Feb 18, 2010

Under physical exam, HEENT, he says s/l conjack time normal.  No JVD.  ...

Back Pain
Dec 08, 2009

This patient is in for groin pain, diagnosis of hip early degenerative arthritis, DR states in HPI that she has a "history of s/l shark lordosis" Under PE he states she has "no sensory deficits of lower extremity except for baseline s/l stockings of glove distribution secondary to her s/l shark-loida peripheral neuropathy." I know that makes no sense but this DR sounds like he had a long night last night and may still have some substances running through his system.  LOL He is usually ver ...

S/l Zet-lie (back Pain)
Apr 09, 2013

Pt with pattern one back pain status post MVA.  The rest of the SOAP note is, frankly, exactly what you would expect.  Prescribed Baclofen. "Follow up if not improving or worsening.  Did advise patient in regards to ____ s/l Zet-lie for resting the back five to ten minutes every one to two hours. " FWIW it does not sound like side lay to me. It has a definite "Zet/set."  She started dictating this about two weeks ago, has dictated three times.  I've sent it in bla ...

My Experience Is 3 Years Old, How Do I Get Back In?
Jan 13, 2011

I worked in transcription for 20+ years. My last job was for 16 years, acute care and lots of specialty experience, ESL, radiology. But, I have not worked for 3 years. I can't seem to get a bite. I want to be a full time employee. I have an explanation for my hiatus on my resume. Also, does it detract because I have a Bachelor's degree listed on my resume? THANKS GUYS ...

Why I Chose To Go Back To MT After Doing Something Else For A Few Years
Nov 20, 2011

I never was one of those people 10-15 years ago who made $60,000/yr. I always got stuck working with a company that didn't allow the use of expander programs. I also was very good at some of the tougher ESL dictation and got more than my share of that, and actually enjoyed it. I always loved doing MT because I have always found it to be interesting. It is hard work though, so after a number of years, I tried something else for a break. I went back because it has advantages that outweighed t ...

Reflecting Back On 5 Years As MT
Jun 28, 2012

What a ride this has been and not very good. It takes a long time to develop your ear (varies with everyone) and all the while all they do is reprimand you. I once was written up for putting 324 mg of aspirin in a report (like they shorted the patient 1 mg). I have had 5 different employers: bought out twice by the Q, fired once and now finally feeling comfortable, but making far, far less than I thought. Even though I love MT work, I would not enter this field if I knew what I know now. Cou ...

Rozlop For Back Pain?
Apr 07, 2011

Patient currently takes Rozlop or Rozalt for back pain? ...

Patient With Low Back Pain
Feb 02, 2012

She has 5/5 strength throughout the bilateral lower extremities with hip flexion, knee flexion and extension, ankle dorsiflexion and plantar flexion as well as extension of the hallux. Sensation is intact to light touch throughout except over the anterior aspect of her shin. She has a symmetrical 2+ Achilles and patellar reflexes. She has no evidence of clonus. She has a questionable s/l ** men-i-ski  reflex. She has palpable DP and PT pulses. Thanks for any help!!  :) ...

Low Back Pain Secondary To S/l Searic Surgery
Sep 02, 2010

Anyone know what type of surgery this doc is referring to? The patient has chronic low back secondary to s/l searic surgery... Thanks in advance!!     ...

Patient With Hip Pain, Post Op For Back Surgeries
Jan 17, 2013

"Pictures of hip were performed and brought in by the patient. They were read as normal, but on my review there is an ***** cyst "(sounds like asitaviner!) any ideas? ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

Straight Leg Raising Was Normal Without Hesitation Or S/l Pull-back Pain.
Feb 01, 2012

TIA ...

S/l "range" "fen" Device .. Physical Therapy - Neck Pain
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

How Long To Hear Back From TTS
Jul 23, 2014

For those of you who work for TTS, how long did it take to hear something after the initial email with a list of questions?  I emailed the answers to those questions a few days ago.  ...

NEMT - How Long Does It Take For Them To Get Back
Feb 17, 2015

I tested for them and a couple of others. Got offers for the others but would like to see what NEMT can do before I accept anything. Does anyone have any idea how long they take to respond after testing? This happened once before with another company I heard from after I accepted another offer. Don't want to jump the gun but don't want to not have a job either. ...

How Long Does It Take To Hear Back On Holiday PTO?
Nov 18, 2009

Just curious if anyone has heard back from their CCM regarding holiday PTO.  With the big switch of from CTL back to CCM I am afraid that all my requests will go unanswered.  So what do you do when your PTO request (holiday or not ) is left sitting?  Do you take the day off anyway? ...

Anybody Know How Long It Takes For BOS To Get Back With You Re: VA Work?
Mar 30, 2010

Just curious.  Sent in CL/resume Saturday.  Know they got it because I had to resend resume.  Wondering just how long it would take to get to working because have to get security clearance certification and background investigation.  Sounds like a long time. ...

To Nn ... How Long After Testing Did Aero Get Back To You? Nm
Feb 08, 2011

thanks ...

How Long To Hear Back After Applying
Feb 13, 2013

I applied for a hospital job (non-MT) about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet.  I am just wondering how long I should wait to hear back.  This is not the only job I applied to, sending out resumes, but this is the one I wanted.  The job is still posted on their website, so presumably not filled yet.  Does it normally take this long or am I being unrealistic?  Should I just move on?  I want to move on, tired of waiting.  Just wondering if anybody else has a ...

How Long Does Precyse Take To Get Back To You After The Testing?
Aug 31, 2013

How long does Precyse take to get back to you after the testing?  Or do they not even get back to you?  What's the scoop on these people? ...

How Long Before Hearing Back From Nuance? Anyone Know? This Is Ad Dated 1/11. Nm
Jan 19, 2012

nm ...

New Years Day Time And A Half Pay?
Jan 01, 2015

is today time and a half pay?  holiday pay? ...

How Long Does It Take Modal To Get Back To You If You Got A Ticket Number. I Had A Problem
Apr 19, 2013

and called last evening and still have not gotten called back. ...

Looking For Part-time..haven't Worked In Over 3 Years
Aug 15, 2012

I am looking for part-time work.  I haven't worked in transcription for over 3 years but have extensive experience.  Any suggestions on a company? ...