A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

a. flutter (atrial flutter) versus aflutter - mtadams

Posted: Jul 30, 2010

Does anyone know if there is any difference between a. flutter (atrial flutter) and aflutter? Is a. flutter same as atrial fibrillation?

difference - deenibeeni

[ In Reply To ..]
You will hear "a. flutter" dictated, but this is a verbal shortcut for atrial flutter. I would spell this out.

Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation are two very different heart rhythms.

A-flutter - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
A-flutter is a slang term, and I believe the preferred way to transcribe it is A-flutter (Stedman's). If your account does not want slang used, then it should be changed to atrial flutter. Aflutter is something else all together; it is an actual word that means getting excited about something, as in "her heart was all aflutter." And atrial fibrillation is a different condition than atrial flutter.

Similar Messages:

A-flutter, AFlutter, A. Flutter, Etc.
Jul 25, 2011

I find AFib in Stedman's but nothing for "ay-flutter" in any form. Anyone know the correct transcription, and if so, please share your source. Thanks! ...

AFlutter, A Flutter, Or Aflutter ? Please
Jun 02, 2015

x ...

Need Help-Patient Undergoing _____ Atrial Flutter?
Nov 02, 2011

I'm stuck on one of my assigments for a Holter Monitor Reading. All I can hear is "this is a 48-year-old patient undergoing _____ atrial flutter." It sounds like he is saying "equito" something, but he's talking so fast I really have no clue. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Atrial Fibrillation
Feb 17, 2010

doc states: plan: to give the pt Labetalol, s/l tuck ekg, test field, and labs. ...

PE Atrial Lemer Of The Lungs?
Aug 24, 2010

No oral cavity lesions.  S1,S2 is audible.  s/l (atrail lemer)___ of the lungs good air entry bilaterally. ...

Dulum In An Atrial Line
Feb 23, 2011

doctor is saying what sounds like "placement of a DULUM in the right atrial line."  this is a Fontan procedure.  any ideas would be appreciated. ...

S/l Ventricular/atrial Fibrillation ? Sm
Oct 28, 2012

Sounds like he is saying ventricular/atrial fibrillation, maybe ventriculoartrial fibrillation? I am unable to verify this condition. Can anyone help?   ...

Atrial Ventricular Block Question
Feb 21, 2012

There is a first-degree atrial ventricular block.  There is one beat with a variant conduction, perhaps an intermittent right bundle branch block.  Does this make sense?  Thanks.   ...

Patient Had Stroke And Is Being Tested For Atrial Fib, Sm
Mar 27, 2015

Doc says s/l "numa" stroke data suggests evaluation..... ...

PMH: Atrial Fibrillation For Years And No S/l Thera-scronic Cardioversion.
Aug 09, 2011

cardiology is not my specialty... :-)  TIA ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

Atrial Valve Stenosis Status Post "aortoplasty."
Aug 06, 2012

? ...

After Bypass, Patient Had An Atrial "clearing" Device Put In.
Oct 31, 2009

After bypass, the atrial "clearing" device was put in.  He had a pleural effusion that was drained.  He had a recent x-ray that was okay. Thanks for any help. Jude ...

Sounds Like "Wortz" Rhythm Atrial Fibrillation
Mar 22, 2013

It sounds like the doctor is saying "Worst or Wortz" rhythm atrial fibrillation. Looked in Stedmans cardiology, Dorlands, etc. and even the internet, but can not find anything that resembles this. Help please ...

"Oscar" Atrial Screw-in Wire
Dec 19, 2009

Looking for confirmation, can't find anything on the web .... is there an "Oscar" atrial screw-in wire? Thank you!! Anja ...

S/l Conduction Disease With Atrial "sukka"
Dec 31, 2012

x ...

"afib" Does This Mean Atrial Fibrillation?
Oct 28, 2009

THe patient was admitted to the hospital for "afib".  I know this is basic but am drawing a blank.  THanks ...

"parasystolic" Atrial Fibrillation
Dec 13, 2014

Have you heard of this?  It definitely doesn't sound like paroxysmal.  I cannot find a good confirmation of it. ...

Versus Or Vs
Nov 04, 2009

Im new in this game and appreciate help with a silly question.  When a doctor dictates the word versus should we type vs. ...

'of' Versus 'for'
Dec 08, 2009

Hi, Can someone tell me which is correct? 'suspected of driving under the influence' or 'suspected for driving under the influence'. I think it is 'of', but not sure why this is so. Thanks. ...

IC Versus P.r.n.
Dec 10, 2009

What is the difference between an IC position and a p.r.n. position? ...

Ccs Versus ML
Jan 27, 2010

Whey typing for plastics is it okay to use ccs for the size of saline implants or is the preferred way mL....thanks. ...

VR Versus SR
Feb 20, 2010

I am not familiar with VR and have never used it, but I understand that there is a difference between voice recognition (VR) and speech recognition (SR). I am told the difference is that with VR the program has to be trained because it goes by voice only, sort of like us getting used to different dictators when we start a new account.  SR is supposedly different in that it goes by speech alone, meaning I guess, just the actual words dictated and is not affected by voice differences. Does ...

BNP Versus BMP
Jun 08, 2010

Hi, I have a dictator going over the patient's hypertension.  At the end of the section he says (BMP/BNP) was unremarkable.  I have no values, so I don't know if it was a single test or multiple.  If he's talkign about hypertension, I would think that BNP would be feasible, but it really sounds more like BMP.  Any help is great! ...

Sat Versus Set
Aug 15, 2010

Present ventilator settings:  Assist-control mode, FiO2 35%, tidal volume 400, PEEP 5, s/l sat or set rate of 12.    ...

In To Versus Into
Oct 21, 2010

which one to use...... He called the prescription into the pharmacy. or He called the prescription in to the pharmacy. Thanks!!!!   ...

ASR Versus ST
Nov 01, 2010

If you were offered 9 cents for straight transcription and 7 cents for ASR, which would you prefer to do...editing at 7 cpl or transcription at 9 cpl or both?  If you had to do both, but at given rates, would that be satisfactory? ...

Cc Versus ML
Jan 07, 2011

Is 780 mL of urine correct.  Or is 780 ml of urine.  TIA ...

5 Out Of 5 Versus 5/5
Jan 28, 2011

I've been marked wrong on QA because I typed "5 out of 5" (as dictated) instead of transcribing it as 5/5 (which I would have typed if the doc had said "5 over 5").  What is your opinion on this?  Any proof one way or the other in BOS?  I haven't been able to find it ... ...