A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sounds like "Wortz" rhythm atrial fibrillation - ksmt

Posted: Mar 22, 2013

It sounds like the doctor is saying "Worst or Wortz" rhythm atrial fibrillation. Looked in Stedmans cardiology, Dorlands, etc. and even the internet, but can not find anything that resembles this. Help please

full sentence required - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Apparently, he/she - did not read...

[ In Reply To ..]
...the To Help You Better post below.

I wrote it and it's not to be mean, it's to help us troubleshoot. Otherwise, you get wild guesses. Does not have to be a full sentence, necessarily, but enough before and after the word/words to give an idea of where to go....

Back off, will ya. - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because they're not asking for help YOUR WAY, doesn't mean they're not getting the help they need. Sometimes random suggestions are just the ticket.

Furthermore, some MTs -- appropriately -- are concerned about posting too much information on this very public board. Sometimes it's not a big deal, but sometimes it is, and all it takes is one time.

If you can't help, then don't respond. Snarky remarks aren't necessary or helpful.
Where did you read snarky in there? - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
I did not see one snarky thing in there. I saw that we want to help.

Actually, you are partly right. While I do want to help, I won't if someone comes up with a one or two-word s/l with no other info.

bad guess - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Longshot, but it couldn't be "paroxysmal" instead of "Worst rhythm," could it?

another bad guess - me

[ In Reply To ..]
How about "QRS rhythm"?

full sentence still required - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Wurlitzer - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Worst or wortz - ksmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not realize I was to put the whole sentence. The doctor said, The patient may have Worst or Wortz rhythm atrial fibrillation. So I did leave a few words out, I put in the most important part. Sorry, I will remember to add the whole sentence. Still wondering if anyone knows the answer.

I have never heard anything like that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We're not asking for the full sentence to be difficult or tedious. It's important for you to realize that if you don't know what they're saying, you can't know what the most important part is.

It's quite common that the words before and after affect what the MT thinks they are hearing.

The phrase "____ rhythm atrial fibrillation" does not make sense to me. The only thing that remotely comes to mind is "bursts of atrial fibrillation". Did you give the full sentence?

If you want to come back and give some surrounding text, in addition to the patient's complaint and diagnosis, we might be able to help. Sorry. That's the best I can do.

Sounds like Wurlitzer - old at 75

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW)? There is WPW reentrant tachycardia and also WPW syndrome. Hope this is of benefit to you.

Similar Messages:

Atrial Fibrillation
Feb 17, 2010

doc states: plan: to give the pt Labetalol, s/l tuck ekg, test field, and labs. ...

S/l Ventricular/atrial Fibrillation ? Sm
Oct 28, 2012

Sounds like he is saying ventricular/atrial fibrillation, maybe ventriculoartrial fibrillation? I am unable to verify this condition. Can anyone help?   ...

PMH: Atrial Fibrillation For Years And No S/l Thera-scronic Cardioversion.
Aug 09, 2011

cardiology is not my specialty... :-)  TIA ...

"afib" Does This Mean Atrial Fibrillation?
Oct 28, 2009

THe patient was admitted to the hospital for "afib".  I know this is basic but am drawing a blank.  THanks ...

"parasystolic" Atrial Fibrillation
Dec 13, 2014

Have you heard of this?  It definitely doesn't sound like paroxysmal.  I cannot find a good confirmation of it. ...

S/l EKG: Brief Dysfunctional Rhythm.
Aug 11, 2010

Could this be correct? Thanks,   Abby ...

A-paced Rhythm?
Aug 22, 2011

I have heard this word/phrase several times now in dealing with cardiology reports. I am wondering what the correct way to write this is. The phrase is "a-paced." Context: "The patient A-paced 14% of the time and ventricular paced 31% of the time." Does anyone know what that means exactly and what the correct way to write it is? A paced? A-paced or a-paced? Thanks for your help! :) ...

Completely Lose My Rhythm When
Jul 31, 2010

Okay-- finally got a few jobs to do after hours of NJA. But I lost my rhythm. I don't even know what to do with them. I feel like a cat looking at some strange object on the floor and tapping it with its paw. What are those two weird things in my queue? I look at them. Then I check my email. Then I look at the things in the queue again. Then I go get something to drink. In the back of my mind, it seems like there is something I need to do about those things in my queue, but I can' ...

Electroencephalogram: Unremarkable With 9 Hz Posterior *donum* Rhythm. Thanks. Nm
Apr 15, 2010

nm ...

This Is What I Hear; How Do I Type It Correctly? CV; S1 And S2 Normal Rate And Rhythm.
Aug 09, 2013

nm.  Thanks. ...

PE Atrial Lemer Of The Lungs?
Aug 24, 2010

No oral cavity lesions.  S1,S2 is audible.  s/l (atrail lemer)___ of the lungs good air entry bilaterally. ...

Dulum In An Atrial Line
Feb 23, 2011

doctor is saying what sounds like "placement of a DULUM in the right atrial line."  this is a Fontan procedure.  any ideas would be appreciated. ...

Atrial Ventricular Block Question
Feb 21, 2012

There is a first-degree atrial ventricular block.  There is one beat with a variant conduction, perhaps an intermittent right bundle branch block.  Does this make sense?  Thanks.   ...

Patient Had Stroke And Is Being Tested For Atrial Fib, Sm
Mar 27, 2015

Doc says s/l "numa" stroke data suggests evaluation..... ...

Need Help-Patient Undergoing _____ Atrial Flutter?
Nov 02, 2011

I'm stuck on one of my assigments for a Holter Monitor Reading. All I can hear is "this is a 48-year-old patient undergoing _____ atrial flutter." It sounds like he is saying "equito" something, but he's talking so fast I really have no clue. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Her IV Insulin, "alagril" Rhythm Protocol Was Initiated...
Apr 26, 2010

Question is "alagril" rhythm protocol  can not find Alagril  TIA ...

Atrial Valve Stenosis Status Post "aortoplasty."
Aug 06, 2012

? ...

After Bypass, Patient Had An Atrial "clearing" Device Put In.
Oct 31, 2009

After bypass, the atrial "clearing" device was put in.  He had a pleural effusion that was drained.  He had a recent x-ray that was okay. Thanks for any help. Jude ...

"Oscar" Atrial Screw-in Wire
Dec 19, 2009

Looking for confirmation, can't find anything on the web .... is there an "Oscar" atrial screw-in wire? Thank you!! Anja ...

S/l Conduction Disease With Atrial "sukka"
Dec 31, 2012

x ...

A. Flutter (atrial Flutter) Versus Aflutter
Jul 30, 2010

Does anyone know if there is any difference between a. flutter (atrial flutter) and aflutter? Is a. flutter same as atrial fibrillation? ...

Sounds Like......
May 19, 2010

The CT scan of the head reported that there was atrophy noted in the ceverac node spaces in the frontal lobes.   ceveractnode ... ceverac node ... severac node... why can I not figure this one out. LOL ...

Sounds Like He Is Saying I Gap 9
Jul 16, 2010

Under laboratory date it sounds like he is saying I gap 9, what would that be? I was thinking anion gap (AGAP) but the value seemed extremely high. ...

(s/l) *car-ot-i-cal* Sounds..........SM
Aug 23, 2011

Blood pressure was 96/40, although, I could hear (s/l) *car-ot-i-cal* sounds all the way down to 0.(s/l) *car-ot-i-cal* sounds ...

Sounds Like Q-fed.
Feb 28, 2012

Possibly a feeding tube?  She does have a PEG tube.  Need to know the reference, too, please.  I know I've had this term before, but I can't remember where I found it. ...

Sounds Like T-var
Nov 22, 2013

help with word sounds like t-var   ...

Sounds Like
Dec 05, 2014

The physician states " at any ventirm" (thats what it sounds like), her outlook is much more positive.    It sounds like he saying at any , In any,    sounds like innnneeeeveennntermmmm????? cld somebody please help me out?? ...

Sounds Like TPT Under Anesthesia????
Oct 14, 2009

TBT or TPT.....hard to hear what she is saying but it is under Anesthesia.... ...

Sounds Like Agorphosidates 117
Oct 15, 2009

under labs in the chemistry is sounds as though they are saying agorphosidates 117...any ideas? ...