A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The "o'clock positions" with hyphens has me questioning - myself in this one? Correct?

Posted: Apr 17, 2012

There is a focus of superficial squamous cell carcinoma at the 7:30- and 9:00-o'clock position, as well as the 6:00 to 7:30 position.  Of note, the 6:00 to 7:30 position was a focus of the deep margin.  The skull vertex and bone margins were also positive at that time.

PATHOLOGY:  Further peripheral skin biopsies located at 10:30 to 12:00; 9:00 to 10:30; 4:30 to 6:00; 3:00 to 4:30; 1:30 to 3:00; and12:00 to 1:30 were all negative for carcinoma.  The 7:30 to 9:00 o'clock biopsy showed a focus of superficial invasive squamous cell carcinoma and a background of actinic keratosis

I never use hyphens with o'clock - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
The BOS does not use hyphens with o'clock positions.

With something like 10:30 to 12 o'clock, that is how I would write it for clarity (because I don't use the word o'clock after 10:30).

No hyphens - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

And in case it wasn't clear in the other answers... - jld

[ In Reply To ..]
You certainly don't put the ":00" AND "o'clock" after the numbers. Yes, for anything ending with ":30" you use the colon and 30 (Seven-thirty or seven-thirty-o'clock position is still just 7:30 position), but not for o'clock. "Nine-o'clock" is 9 o'clock, NOT 9:00 o'clock. Hope that makes sense.

Similar Messages:

O'clock Positions
Jan 03, 2013

Does anybody know what the BOS recommends for typing positons, i.e. two o'clock position or 2 o'clock position.  Thanks for any help.  ...

There Are At Least 8 Masses Present Involving "the 2-o'clock To 6:30 Positions",
Apr 04, 2012

? ...

LPH On VR With Nuance/questioning Validity.
Jun 27, 2012

For people who switched from the Webmdex platform and are now with Nuance, how many LPH for VR are you producing? I am very experienced and 200 LPH is the absolute tops I can do.  We are getting emails that the highest VR produced right now is 380 LPH.  I can't go any faster because I can't make the voice go fast enough.  On a day when I have great dictators, with little editing, a straight hour of VR,  I have tested myself and around 200 LMH is as fast as I could ...

Hyphens?
Sep 13, 2010

I have a question about whether or not I should use hyphens in the words up-to-date in this sentence, "She is not up-to-date on her screenings."  My school was strict about when to and not to use hyphens in multi-word phrases, so I'm a little paranoid about how to manage these types of things in an actual job.  ...

Hyphens Or Not
Aug 07, 2011

The sentence is: Patient is able to heel walk, toe walk, and do single foot toe raises. Or should it be: Patient is able to heel-walk, toe-walk, and do single-foot-toe raises. Any help please?   ...

Hyphens In Numbers
Oct 16, 2009

Hi, I have been gigged for this no matter how I do it...I had one QA person that said it should be written   1- x 2-cm and the other one said it should be 1 x 2-cm (which I prefer)..Any experts out there? Thanks ...

Hyphens - Midright, Or Mid Right?
Aug 11, 2010

would it be mid-right, midright, or mid right? ...

Would You Place Hyphens, And Where?
Nov 26, 2010

Left upper lobe lung mass? Where would you place hyphens here? Help appreciated! ...

Over Thinking Hyphens
Sep 29, 2013

I have stumped myself by thinking too much about what is an adjective and when does a noun act like an adjective. I'm very clear on something like short arm cast not being hyphanated (each word is a noun), but what about needle tip placement?  Is there supposed to be a hyphen there? Fluoroscopy was used to confrm needle tip placement   OR Fluoroscopy was used to confrm needle-tip placement. I would appreciate some feedback about it.  ...

Hyphens For Modifiers
Dec 31, 2014

motor vehicle accident-related cognitive symptoms or motor-vehicle-accident-related cognitive symptoms ?   Any help is appreciated! ...

Hyphens Or No Hypen's, That Is The Question
Aug 18, 2010

2 sacs measuring approximately 5 weeks’ size should it be 5-weeks size, 5 weeks size or 5 weeks' size ...

Hyphens In Compound Modifiers.
Sep 22, 2014

Are hyphens no longer needed in compound modifiers preceding a noun?  Can you please provide a reference for your answer.  Thanks! ...

Pt Smoked "1/3 Pack Per Day" For 30 Years. Hyphens?
Mar 21, 2011

She smoked approximately "1/3 pack per day" for 30 years ...

Positions Plus
Sep 13, 2011

Holy cow! it is like someone let open the flood gates.  There are so many positions on line for medical transcriptionists!  I have never seen anything like it.  I went on indeed.com and applied.  Check it out. ...

PT Positions
Sep 19, 2012

Hi All -- I am interested in a very part-time, 10-15 hour position.  Anyone know of any companies that will touch this?  Willing to work weekends/nights....Thanks in advance. ...

QC Positions??
Jul 17, 2013

Can anyone tell me what rates/additional benefits etc. QC are offered over MLS? ...

CTL Positions Being Eliminated?
Nov 05, 2009

Heard a rumor that the CTL positions are being eliminated around the 15th.   Perhaps this is a question you should ask your CCMs/area directors?   Not sure if it is true but when asked specifically, it was not denied but there is something brewing around the 15th.   Seems like all CTLs will be moved to the MME positions and the CCMs will assume the CTL duties.  Sounds like another shake up at the Q which always happens around the holidays.  Wonder if ...

TRANSTECH POSITIONS
Oct 05, 2010

TRANSTECH AS YOU CAN SEE BY THEIR NEED OF HELP, NEED THE HELP BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE LEAVE.  THEY DO NOT SEND OUT QA STATS AS MOST PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES DO AND THEY ALSO DO NOT EVEN SEND E-MAILS FROM QA TELLING YOU WHAT YOU ARE DOING INCORRECTLY.  THEY JUST FIRE YOU.  DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.  THEY ARE NOT A FAIR COMPANY TO WORK FOR.  ...

Are There Any IC Positions With 24-hour TAT?
Jan 12, 2011

Can anyone give me information on companies who hire IC's with a 24-hour turn around time?  I want to get my work today and turn it in by a certain time the next day without having to work a schedule or in pools.  With everything else going on with these companies from low pay, heavy ESL's, and lack of work, I would at least like to have the flexibility of doing the work on MY time.  Thanks in advance.... ...

Transolutions Few Positions Available
Jun 02, 2011

When I spoke with the recruiter, it sounded like there were just a few positions available. Yet, another recruiting ad showed up on Tuesday evening at another major MT recruiting website. So, I'm wondering, is the recruiter using the old trick of sounding like I'd better jump and grab one of those "few" positions, or did a bunch of people who were already hired suddenly quit? I wonder why Transolutions has had so many recruiting ads lately. Again, I was told that there were only ...

TL Positions At Transcend
Jul 09, 2011

There are quite a few of these positions open and I am wondering if there is a high turn around for TLs because the extra money does not compensate enough for all the time required?  If you are or have been a TL there, I would like to hear your thoughts. ...

Are They All Editing Positions?
Jul 30, 2011

Just wandering if there are any employee positions that aren't just editing out there.  I feel like I am not growing as an MT doing nothing but editing.  Unless I choose to just edit and accept this is the new norm at 3 cents a line, eventually getting my own voice recognition software for the future for any accounts I want to get on my own. Any thoughts? I am wandering if this is something  I just need to hop onboard for.  Editing for nationals doesn't pay anything ...

When Talking About Positions.....
Feb 21, 2012

is 12 o'clock position/axis/radians or twelve o'clock.....please check the book of style, cuz I'm getting confused with these new people.... ...

Hourly Positions?
Feb 25, 2012

Do any MT companies ever pay hourly instead of by the line? I am having a hard time with not knowing what my paycheck will be and would rather find an hourly pay (realizing it will be low) so at least I know what I can expect. Thanks. ...

Has Anyone Here Tested For E-MT Positions?
Mar 02, 2012

I just finished the testing -- all transcription of reports from new facility.  It was probably average compared to other companies.  They seem to focus on OP reports which were not too terribly difficult.  They seem very nice so far.   ...

Job Positions Offered
Jul 20, 2012

Which job position is more profitable MT/ME or Quality Analyst?  Does Quality Analyst ever run out of work?  Are both paid on production?  Pondering a position with M*Modal. I qualify for both positions is all I have been told thus far--have not really inquired further. ...

FYI There Is 2 PT IC Positions On Mtjobs
Sep 26, 2012

65 characters with spaces.  Direct depositive.  DocQScribe platform.  ...

Management Positions
Nov 07, 2012

Is it possible to move up within the company with a degree and no management experience?  I see the management positions require management experience, but where does that leave the MTs that have worked for the company for years and are interested in moving up, as promised when they hired you. ...

Applying For Positions
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone ever simply e-mail a resume to a company rather than completing the long, drawn out application they want filled out when you click the link to apply?  I have 30 years of experience and do not want to spend time filling in information about every job I have ever had and why I left, where I went to school, emergency contacts, etc on their application, only to never hear from the company and would prefer just to e-mail a resume with a cover letter.  Does anyone ever do this? ...

Are There Any True IC Positions?
Jul 22, 2013

I am looking for a true IC position where I can work when I am available due to being handicapped. I sometimes have some very bad days and can't get out of bed as a result of it and I keep losing jobs. I am also wondering if there are any companies that pay MTs what they're worth on VR. I feel like we do twice the work for less pay. It's a lot harder if you ask me, especially if you have an account full of doc's who suck at dictation and sound more like auctioneers than a do ...