A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

There are at least 8 masses present involving "the 2-o'clock to 6:30 positions", - Typed right?

Posted: Apr 04, 2012

?

no dash btw the number and o'clock - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
it is just "the 2 o'clock to 6:30 positions."

You would not say "the 2:00 to 6:30" or "the 2:00 o'clock to 6:30."

Did they change the rule on hyphenating when it modifies...? - Just wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
If I type something that just says "It was located at 2 o'clock," I don't put a hyphen, but in this situation, the noun is "positions," and both of those modify it. There are at least 8 masses present involving the positions. Which positions? The 2-o'clock position to 6:30 position (and positions in between apparently). So I see 2-o'clock as a compound adjective modifying one of the positions. Is this not correct?

That's was how I was taught too...which is why I was confused by the... - 6:30 position.

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for helping :)
BOS does not have a hyphen - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
clock referents
When an anatomic position is described in terms of clockface orientation as seen
by the viewer, use o�clock unless the position is subdivided.
The incision was made at the 3 o�clock position.
D: The cyst was found at the 2:30 o�clock position.
T: The cyst was found at the 2:30 position.

Similar Messages:

No Masses, Symmetric Trachea Elevation, Thyroid Enlargement, And Masses --Does That Make Sense?
Dec 01, 2011

Can someone explain this to me?  Because I don't see how it makes sense.  ...

O'clock Positions
Jan 03, 2013

Does anybody know what the BOS recommends for typing positons, i.e. two o'clock position or 2 o'clock position.  Thanks for any help.  ...

The "o'clock Positions" With Hyphens Has Me Questioning
Apr 17, 2012

There is a focus of superficial squamous cell carcinoma at the 7:30- and 9:00-o'clock position, as well as the 6:00 to 7:30 position.  Of note, the 6:00 to 7:30 position was a focus of the deep margin.  The skull vertex and bone margins were also positive at that time. PATHOLOGY:  Further peripheral skin biopsies located at 10:30 to 12:00; 9:00 to 10:30; 4:30 to 6:00; 3:00 to 4:30; 1:30 to 3:00; and12:00 to 1:30 were all negative for carcinoma.  The 7:30 to 9:00 o' ...

In A GU Exam S/l Tridone Without Masses.
Nov 28, 2010

I have never heard of Tridone. ...

S/l ??? Involving The Eyes
Aug 08, 2010

The patient has good tone to her lower eyelids with neutral vector with medial fat pads bilaterally with slight s/l kinexis......   Thank you ...

MRI Enhancements Involving Meninges And S/l Sul Sie
Feb 10, 2010

MRi that demonstrated a white matter lesion involving the left posterior temporoparietal region with some enhancements involving the left meninges involving the same region and also the s/l sul sie ...

Consistent With Oscals? Involving The Elbow?
Nov 12, 2009

He has seen physicians where x-rays were obtained. The radiographic images were consistent with oscals involving the anterior and posterior aspects of the elbow. ...

Tarichium Present In The Eye
Oct 14, 2009

He has no pinguecula or 'tarichium' present in the eye. ...

My Present Pet Peeve
Oct 09, 2012

We dont get paid for ADT information,,YET I got back a report I sent through QA and it said I have to fix all the ADT information with ? next to the docs, that is like every report..what the heck? ...

On Exam No "discreet/discrete" Masses Were Noted.
Dec 13, 2011

x ...

Blood Work - Few Lu Present
Feb 22, 2010

In the blood work, he says there were a few Lu (Lew?) present as well as spherocytes.    TIA!   ...

To Transcend TLs, Past Or Present
Apr 12, 2011

What are the biggest challenges with your position?  Do you end up putting in more hours than you feel well compensated for?  Does it wear you out trying to keep up with your production as well as do your TL duties?  Is it more difficult to get vacation time scheduled as a TL?  TY! ...

Past Or Present Tense Voice
May 07, 2010

Okay, I have been very confused about this lately.  When a doctor is reviewing medical reports from other providers and is documenting it within his report, should it be done in present tense or past tense??? I think that it should be done all in the past tense, but I have had arguments for both.  Basically, I just want the right answer.  For example, "The patient was seen on 06/10/09 and stated that he had right leg pain.  The report indicated that the patient had an antalg ...

Anyone Heard Of GO Partners, Past Or Present?
Sep 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of GO Partners, past or present?  Not much in the archives.  Good, bad, American company?  They had a posting listed but now it is down.  Just wondering... ...

Questions For Past/present Auditors
Mar 24, 2014

Couple of questions for any past/present auditors: 1. How long were you with MM before you moved to the auditing department? 2. Were you actively seeking the move or were you offered it out of the blue? 3. Are you making more or less than you were on production? 4. Do you focus on a certain number of accounts similar to HDS/SHDAs or are you required to cover whatever comes across your desk at any given time?   Thanks! ...

S/l Caudal Leedens Or Calcium Present In The Placenta
Dec 23, 2009

. ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

S/l Kan-ay-duh Like Strut Grafting And Lateral Fusion Present 11 To 2.
Jul 12, 2013

Kin-ay-duh is what the word sounds like  ...

United Transcription - Info From Past Or Present Employees
Dec 23, 2014

Any info from past or present employees working with United would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Mas Involving Frontal Upper "keel Um" And Left Insula.
Sep 27, 2011

? ...

"wrap" Procedure Involving The Esophagus
Jan 05, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a wrap procedure?  The sentence dictated is:   This is a wrap procedure noted involving the distal esophagus.   I just cannot find anything, wondered if othes have heard of this. ...

Positions Plus
Sep 13, 2011

Holy cow! it is like someone let open the flood gates.  There are so many positions on line for medical transcriptionists!  I have never seen anything like it.  I went on indeed.com and applied.  Check it out. ...

PT Positions
Sep 19, 2012

Hi All -- I am interested in a very part-time, 10-15 hour position.  Anyone know of any companies that will touch this?  Willing to work weekends/nights....Thanks in advance. ...

QC Positions??
Jul 17, 2013

Can anyone tell me what rates/additional benefits etc. QC are offered over MLS? ...

On ECG, Ht Bundle Branch Block Pattern Present With Secondarys/l "polarization" Changes As
May 12, 2010

There is a minimally rightward axis.  There is a right bundle branch block pattern present with secondary polarization changes as well. ...

CTL Positions Being Eliminated?
Nov 05, 2009

Heard a rumor that the CTL positions are being eliminated around the 15th.   Perhaps this is a question you should ask your CCMs/area directors?   Not sure if it is true but when asked specifically, it was not denied but there is something brewing around the 15th.   Seems like all CTLs will be moved to the MME positions and the CCMs will assume the CTL duties.  Sounds like another shake up at the Q which always happens around the holidays.  Wonder if ...

TRANSTECH POSITIONS
Oct 05, 2010

TRANSTECH AS YOU CAN SEE BY THEIR NEED OF HELP, NEED THE HELP BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE LEAVE.  THEY DO NOT SEND OUT QA STATS AS MOST PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES DO AND THEY ALSO DO NOT EVEN SEND E-MAILS FROM QA TELLING YOU WHAT YOU ARE DOING INCORRECTLY.  THEY JUST FIRE YOU.  DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.  THEY ARE NOT A FAIR COMPANY TO WORK FOR.  ...

Are There Any IC Positions With 24-hour TAT?
Jan 12, 2011

Can anyone give me information on companies who hire IC's with a 24-hour turn around time?  I want to get my work today and turn it in by a certain time the next day without having to work a schedule or in pools.  With everything else going on with these companies from low pay, heavy ESL's, and lack of work, I would at least like to have the flexibility of doing the work on MY time.  Thanks in advance.... ...

Transolutions Few Positions Available
Jun 02, 2011

When I spoke with the recruiter, it sounded like there were just a few positions available. Yet, another recruiting ad showed up on Tuesday evening at another major MT recruiting website. So, I'm wondering, is the recruiter using the old trick of sounding like I'd better jump and grab one of those "few" positions, or did a bunch of people who were already hired suddenly quit? I wonder why Transolutions has had so many recruiting ads lately. Again, I was told that there were only ...

TL Positions At Transcend
Jul 09, 2011

There are quite a few of these positions open and I am wondering if there is a high turn around for TLs because the extra money does not compensate enough for all the time required?  If you are or have been a TL there, I would like to hear your thoughts. ...