A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt smoked "1/3 pack per day" for 30 years. Hyphens? - bangle

Posted: Mar 21, 2011

She smoked approximately "1/3 pack per day" for 30 years

No hyphens - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No hyphens - just how you typed it

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Only use hyphens when it's an adjective - IrishRose

[ In Reply To ..]
Example: He is a 1/3-pack-per-day smoker.

Similar Messages:

Hudred Pack Years (period) Quit October 2006
May 29, 2012

if dictated as: SOCIAL HISTORY: hudred pack years (period) quit October 2006  what should be the correct way of transcribing it? is it.... SOCILA HISTORY: A hundred pack years, quit October 2006. A 100-pack-years, quit October 2006. 100-pack-year. Quit October 2006. ...

Hyphens?
Sep 13, 2010

I have a question about whether or not I should use hyphens in the words up-to-date in this sentence, "She is not up-to-date on her screenings."  My school was strict about when to and not to use hyphens in multi-word phrases, so I'm a little paranoid about how to manage these types of things in an actual job.  ...

Hyphens Or Not
Aug 07, 2011

The sentence is: Patient is able to heel walk, toe walk, and do single foot toe raises. Or should it be: Patient is able to heel-walk, toe-walk, and do single-foot-toe raises. Any help please?   ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

Hyphens In Numbers
Oct 16, 2009

Hi, I have been gigged for this no matter how I do it...I had one QA person that said it should be written   1- x 2-cm and the other one said it should be 1 x 2-cm (which I prefer)..Any experts out there? Thanks ...

Hyphens - Midright, Or Mid Right?
Aug 11, 2010

would it be mid-right, midright, or mid right? ...

Would You Place Hyphens, And Where?
Nov 26, 2010

Left upper lobe lung mass? Where would you place hyphens here? Help appreciated! ...

Over Thinking Hyphens
Sep 29, 2013

I have stumped myself by thinking too much about what is an adjective and when does a noun act like an adjective. I'm very clear on something like short arm cast not being hyphanated (each word is a noun), but what about needle tip placement?  Is there supposed to be a hyphen there? Fluoroscopy was used to confrm needle tip placement   OR Fluoroscopy was used to confrm needle-tip placement. I would appreciate some feedback about it.  ...

Hyphens For Modifiers
Dec 31, 2014

motor vehicle accident-related cognitive symptoms or motor-vehicle-accident-related cognitive symptoms ?   Any help is appreciated! ...

Hyphens Or No Hypen's, That Is The Question
Aug 18, 2010

2 sacs measuring approximately 5 weeks’ size should it be 5-weeks size, 5 weeks size or 5 weeks' size ...

Hyphens In Compound Modifiers.
Sep 22, 2014

Are hyphens no longer needed in compound modifiers preceding a noun?  Can you please provide a reference for your answer.  Thanks! ...

Pack-a-day
Jul 05, 2012

Any dr. I transcribe for always says "pack-a-day" even if it's plural.  I.e., "She is a two pack-a-day smoker for twenty years."  I've always changed it to "packs-a-day."  I'm curious if you think I'm right, or if I should transcribe verbatum.  Thanks.  ...

S/l Haydon Pack??
Nov 05, 2009

It's a vaginal hysterectomy. Here's the whole context: A weighted vaginal speculum was inserted. A single double-toothed tenaculum placed on the cervix. Then, a colpotomy incision was made with curved scissors. Upon entering into the cul-de-sac, a _____ pack was inserted, and a Heaney retractor put in place. Haydon pack? Haden pack? Google is NOT my friend today.... ...

S/l Core Pack
Jul 29, 2010

HEENT:  Her pupils react to light.  Her sclerae are clear.  She has a s/l core pack in. ...

XP And Service Pack 3
May 17, 2011

Does anyone know if you can still download SP 3 for XP Professional?  I had heard MS wasn't supporting it any longer.  I need a new computer but company's software doesn't work with Windows 7...or so they say.   ...

Might As Well Pack My Bags
Jul 19, 2013

I have gotten so many Major errors today that it has completely demoralized me.  Never in my life have I been marked off for some of these things and have had my percentage drop to below 98%.  I have always been over 99% and now am being marked off for commas not put in (places that I have never ever placed them before) and capitalizing words in sentences that have never been marked off before but now they are saying that if I can substitute a noun for them they need to be capitalized. ...

Chantix Starting & Continuing Pack? R They Capitalized
Oct 23, 2009

Is the starting pack and continuing pack captalized? ...

Metamucil Orange S/l *STFF* 1 Pack P.o. Daily.
Apr 23, 2011

x ...

Eating Disorder - S/l Counsel One Pack Each Morning.
Jun 14, 2013

In med list so may or may not be eating disorder related. ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

The "o'clock Positions" With Hyphens Has Me Questioning
Apr 17, 2012

There is a focus of superficial squamous cell carcinoma at the 7:30- and 9:00-o'clock position, as well as the 6:00 to 7:30 position.  Of note, the 6:00 to 7:30 position was a focus of the deep margin.  The skull vertex and bone margins were also positive at that time. PATHOLOGY:  Further peripheral skin biopsies located at 10:30 to 12:00; 9:00 to 10:30; 4:30 to 6:00; 3:00 to 4:30; 1:30 to 3:00; and12:00 to 1:30 were all negative for carcinoma.  The 7:30 to 9:00 o' ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

How To Type: Given His "50 Plus Pack Year" History Of Smoking.
May 26, 2010

d ...

She Has A "1-year Pack History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Aug 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt Had A "3-year Pack-history" Of Smoking. How To Type?
May 31, 2011

?? ...

Sounds Like High "pack" Debulking
Aug 19, 2010

pt has ovarian cancer. ...

Dental Surgery,s/l "Ferret" Throat Pack"
Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery?  ...

Hyphens- 3-day-history Or 3 Day History?
Nov 01, 2010

3-day-history or 3 day history? ...

I Am Now Getting My 9th CCM In 7.5 Years. I Have Had
Dec 04, 2009

horrible ESL accounts, horrible teaching facilities with residents who don't know how to dictate.  By the time you get used to them, they're gone.  I have been insulted by taking an enormous pay cut for the over rated, under performing ASR.  Through all of this, I have mostly been happy with my job.  Now, however, I will finally say that I hate MQ.  I hope they lose all their accounts to nice mom and pop people.  I hope they go bankrupt and have to move in ...