A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Abdomen nontender to deep - sound right?

Posted: Mar 21, 2012

palpations <s/l on the floor> ?  Does it sound right or does anyone have any idea what he might be saying? Thanks for any help.

it makes sense if this is an in-hospital exam - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
If the physician is examining the patient on the (hospital) floor, it makes sense. Doesn't make good English, but it makes sense.

patient positioned on the floor? - sound right?

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mean the patient is positioned on the floor? Hard to imagine, but I am new to this! It's an H&P and this is under the PE.

no, no, no - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
No, the patient would never been purposely placed on any floor for an examination.

The patient was physically located on/in
1. the medical ward (medical floor) where general care is given.
2. the surgical ward (surgical floor) prior to or just after having had surgery, but not in the operative suite wing of the hospital.

You only know if the answer I gave makes sense if you look for other clues given in the dictation to correlate it with.

Can you give a little more? - jld

[ In Reply To ..]
I just think this is not what they're saying at all even if it sounds like it. If they're speaking really quickly, could be running something together that makes it sound like that. You'd be surprised what it turns out to be when it sounded so clearly like something else.

I've had stuff that might sound that way, and turns out they're saying something like, "Abdomen nontender to deep palpation. There is no organomegaly," and then runs right into another heading that you didn't realize they said, or something about bowel sounds, or something completely different. I've just never heard them say "on the floor" in this context.

If you could tell us what you hear RIGHT after that, it might help, even if it's another heading. Thanks.

Similar Messages:

Parotid Glands Nontender When S/l Milked.
Mar 10, 2010

doc states: Parotid glands  are nontender when s/l milked. Sound familiar anyone lol... ...

With Deep Sympathy And
Nov 05, 2012

I got out of MT about 9 months ago, but I continued to read this forum to keep in touch with any possible changes in the MT world that might indicate I should try to get back in (while I was job-hunting fruitlessly during that time).  Without being able to find a new job for so long, I was worried about whether I had made the right choice or not by declining the M*Modal job when they took over my former MTSO.   Now, this weekend, as I read the posts of terminations and chronic NJA, I ...

Generous Deep Tendon Reflexes?
Aug 24, 2010

Full sentence is "concerned about the possibility of compressive cervical myelopathy in the presence of generous (?) deep tendon reflexes and in the face of polyneuropathy seen on EMG." ...

Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Euthyroid?
Dec 13, 2010

Is this a real phrase? it is very clear. ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

Slow Unbuffler Quanitative Abdominal Tenderness To Deep Palpation
Nov 06, 2011

I am transcribing a physical exam of a diverticulitis patient that sounds like, "Slow unbuffler quantative abdominal tenderness to deep palpation". ...

S/l Pelvicum Abdomen
Oct 12, 2009

It almost sounds like pelvic and abdomen or pelvicum abdomen, but I dont know. Distinct 'c' sound, so not pelvis The pelvicum abdomen is then visualized. ...

Help With CT Abdomen Results Please.
Nov 24, 2009

I'm typing a GYN report.  Patient had 2 abdominal hernia repairs and TAH/BSO 30 years ago.   A recent CT scan showed "posterior anterior" abdominal wall thickening.  This kind if thing always confuses me.  It does not sound like the doctor said "and" in between posterior and anterior.  Is it correct the way I typed it?  Thanks very much.  ...

S/l Globulus Abdomen
Mar 02, 2010

s/l globulus abdomen, but is the correct term globose abdomen? ...

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...

Referring To The Abdomen..
Aug 06, 2010

s/l  "no clavasea sign"    Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.  ...

CT Abdomen/Pelvis
Sep 11, 2010

The gallbladder (S/L) circulatory tract unremarkable. Thank you in advance... ...

CT Abdomen & Pelvis
Nov 10, 2010

The uterus is heterogeneous and appears to be mildly S/L levo flexed.  If that is correct, is it one word, hyphenated, two words...? Thanks in advance! ...

Scan Of The Abdomen - Please Sm
Nov 24, 2010

Patient is tender in the right lower quadrant.  No rebound.  No other masses, organomegaly, or tenderness.  Bowel sounds are somewhat diminished. Sent for a s/l PCT scan or TCT scan of the abdomen compatible with diverticulitis but no abscess or rupture. Thanks for any help :) ...

S/l TUB Upright Abdomen
Jan 24, 2011

It is some sort or x-ray.  I've never heard of TUB upright abdomen though.  Any ideas?  Kelley ...

Tumor Of The Abdomen
Oct 02, 2011

I'm sure I'm hearing him correctly....spit cell tumor of the abdomen.  When I google, it wants to revert to split cell tumor.  He couldn't be more clear.  Patient has a history of metastatic GIST in her chart (gastrointestinal stromal tumor).  HELP!!   ...

Abdomen: Positive S/l BSMT?
Oct 23, 2009

Pretty sure the BS is for bowel sounds but unsure about the MT, maybe movement? ...

Abdomen Soft, A Brief Smash
Jul 13, 2012

sounds like doctor says, "Abdomen soft, a brief smash shows a corinthin neck." Is this right?.... ...

Abdomen/fetal Exam
Feb 25, 2013

During abdominal exam during OB visit, doctor dictates *SV 790 and 0*  or maybe the numbers could be 7, 90, and 0.  No idea what SV is or how the numbers are supposed to be.  Thanks! ...

Ct Scan Of The Abdomen And Pelvis
May 22, 2013

Could anyone help me with an unknown?  During above scan some "vague air"  was detected?     Searched and searched. Clearly I am misunderstanding.   Thanks ...

CT Abdomen ..... Fatter Big Liver
Feb 27, 2014

the doctor states,   .....fatter big liver, , and gallstones on CT abdomen.  tia ...

S/l "slow Muffler" On Abdominal Tenderness To Deep Palpation
Sep 02, 2011

This is on a patient who has diverticulitis ...

S/l "synoferous" In The Context Of Deep Set Eyes, Esotropia...TIA .... NM - Prabbu
Nov 14, 2012

.. ...

Abdomen Right S/l Bowteleck Hernia. ~I Have No Clue~ TIA
Nov 17, 2009

xx ...

A S/l *tank Hour* Catheter In Her Abdomen?
Mar 15, 2010

. ...

CT Scan Of Abdomen And Pelvis Help With Word Please
Nov 30, 2010

The doctor says "No bowel obstruction."  _____ (s/l receivable) food particles and gastric secretions are seen within the stomach. Can anyone help me here please????  TIA! ...

Sounds Like *Avens* Drain Placed In The Abdomen. Nm
May 17, 2012

nm ...

S/l Plo-a-see Technique Was Used To Bluntly Enter The Abdomen.
Feb 11, 2014

Procedure is exploratory laparotomy.  More context below. A Pfannenstiel skin incision was made sharply and carried down to the level of the fascia sharply.  _____ technique was then used to bluntly enter the abdomen.   ...

Abdomen Opened In Layer Versus LayerS
Oct 24, 2009

abdomen opened in layer versus layerS, which do I use .... thanks ...

Which Is Correct? The Abdomen Is Globose, Globus Or Globous???
Feb 18, 2010

xx ...