A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Spinal surgery and NAPZMG's? - TeacherturnedMT

Posted: Jul 29, 2011

Hi everyone. I am doing a spinal fusion surgery and the dictator says that for Intraoperative Monitoring he used NAP ZMG's (he says it just like that NAPZMG's). Not sure what he means. Can't find those acronyms in my book. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Could be MEP EMGs. Second part most probably is - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
EMGs. Not certain about first part.

I agree about EMG - TeacherturnedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that the second part has to be EMG..he just swallows his words so much! Thanks for your help.

Similar Messages:

Spinal Surgery S/l DuraGen And Ta-seal
Jul 27, 2010

The reinforcement of the dural repair, composed of DuraGen and ______, is visible on the MRI scan. s/l Ta-seal (emphasis on 2nd syllable). ...

Lukay Or Lookay Ring Instrument Used For Spinal Surgery (sm)
Dec 06, 2010

sounds like lookey or lukey..can't find anywhere.  TIA ...

Spinal Surgery S/l "Capstone Graft" TIA
Oct 18, 2009

x ...

Spinal Surgery S/l "boxanno"
Nov 20, 2012

Surgeon says something that sounds like "boxanno out the foramen." Not sure if this is an anatomical or an implement or what.  It could also be Bucksanno or Bahxanno (phonetically speaking). ...

S/p Spinal What?
Aug 02, 2011

This patient s/p left radical nephrectomy, partial colostomy, adrenalectomy, s/l spinal pexy, and omental wrap w/ postoperative respiratory insufficiency.  Can anyone fill in that blank for me?  Much appreciated!! ...

S/l Pan Spinal Pain
Oct 29, 2009

history of ulcerative colitis status post colectomy who has panspinal pain and migraine headaches.  ...

Spinal Surg
Mar 27, 2010

s/l algrabed segmental fixation.  tia. ...

Spinal Question
Mar 04, 2012

My crazy doctor this morning is saying "she has a spinal cord defibrillator or fibrillator."  Now what in the world is this???  No mention of a stimulator; she only had a spinal tap in the past.   Thanks for any help with this! ...

Spinal Tumor Help Please
Mar 06, 2012

Proceeding with our resection with an imminently (sounds llike) "suckable" tumor.. We then opened the arachnoid and the (sounds like) "suckable" tumor was then seen. Resectable would make sense but I just don't hear that Re in there... ...

Spinal Fusion
Apr 20, 2012

Is XLIFF correct?  -or XLIFT? -- type of spinal fusion - have typed this before - cannot remember it and cannot find it on line  Anyone know? ...

Spinal Terminology
Nov 15, 2012

This PA is dictating MRI lab results for spinal consultation.  She is saying what s/l "roove sleeve cis" at T9 to T12 bilaterally. Could she be meaning "root sleeve cysts" or even "root sheath cysts" ?? Thanks for any help!  ...

Spinal Anesthesia
May 23, 2013

After negative aspiration for CSF or blood, 1 cc (s/l Almutate) 180 was injected ...

??? Barbay ??? Spinal Cyst???
Oct 20, 2009

He says this several times.  I think this is what he is saying, but cannot document.  Thanks for your help. ...

MTs With Spinal Stenosis And Still Working
Mar 21, 2014

I have had spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis for years and even surgery with L5-S1 fusion.  Did really good for years but now I am experiencing right leg weakness and all lower muscles ache and burn so bad that I can hardly walk at the end of the day.  I have even gone PT too.  I know I have severe right foraminal stenosis once again by CAT scan.  I took early SS retirement 2 years ago but still work about 30 hours a week.  I find that I am having extreme difficulyy ...

Spinal Diskectomy And Decompression Question
Apr 07, 2011

At this point, attention was paid to removal of hardware.  The s/l K2 tulip removers were used initially in order to unlock the heads.  Following this, rods were removed.  ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Patient With Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury. Please Sm
Feb 26, 2010

Is being fitted with s/l KFOs.  I know of AFOs but this is very definitely a "K".  Looked on google without any help.  Thanks  ...

Pt With Spinal Fx, RA, And A S/l Queen-Fall Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy.
Aug 03, 2010

nm ...

Dx: S/P Achilles Lengthening, Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury And
Jun 15, 2011

x ...

Lung CA With Secondary Mets To Brain And Thoracic Spinal Column,
Jan 06, 2010

lung CA with secondary mets to brain and thoracic spinal column. How would you write this, would you spell out the whole word? Thanks ...

An Excellent Spinal Anesthetic Was Induced And Mantained Without Complication Or (s/l Emit)
May 09, 2011

An excellent spinal anesthetic was induced and mantained without complication or (s/l emit).  Also under the heading ANESTHESIA doctor dictates "Final" what does this mean? Thanks for help! ...

Spinal Cord Stim Placement; Pt Placed On S/l Radee Up Table/Radeyup
Oct 07, 2011

xx ...

Doc Says "Inter Utero Spinal Cord Injury"
Oct 14, 2009

Doc says "Inter utero spinal cord injury"?  I cannot find interutero or intrautero spinal cord anything in my ref material?  Any ideas? ...

Claw Hook S/l "concert" At T11 Area (spinal)
Nov 15, 2011

claw hook s/l "concert" at T11 area (spinal) ...

S/l "unroot" The Thecal Sac And Spinal Cord
Nov 14, 2011

s/l "unroot" the thecal sac and spinal cord ...

S/l "sellara" Instrumentation For Spinal Fusion
Oct 17, 2013

nm  Thanks. ...

To Surgery After Appropriate...
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates: *to surgery after appropriate preparation and today* prosthetic arthroplasty, Austin Moore-type left hip.  What I flagged, I know cannot be completely right because it doesn't make sense.  Any clues as what he may be saying??  Thanks! ...

First Day...ep Lap Surgery
Sep 27, 2011

ep lap surgery ...

Ear Surgery
Apr 22, 2012

The doc is doing surgery in the middle ear region.  He says . . . "The s/l o-moon was retrace with a Wheatland retractor . . " ...

Surgery See Msg.
Jun 30, 2012

A s/l cardio device was used to close the right common femoral arteriotomy. ...