A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sickle Cell anemia or sickle cell anemia - Deb

Posted: May 10, 2011

Which is correct? Capitals or no caps?

lower case - jmn

[ In Reply To ..]

thanks! - deb

[ In Reply To ..]
!

Similar Messages:

Sickle Cell
Mar 31, 2012

Patient has sickle cell disease with frequent vaso-occlusive pain crises... s/l "impressive aloe (spelled by dictator) immunization" in patient with moderate immune hemolytic anemia.  I cannot find a reference for this aloe immunization.  Does anybody have a clue if this is correct?  ...

Sickle Cell Thalassemia
Jan 01, 2010

Happy new year all! With or w/o hyphen? Sickle cell thalassemia or sickle-cell thalassemia or sickle cell-thalassemia. Thank You! ...

Sickle Cell Lab Tests
May 17, 2012

I am not that familiar with lab tests for sickle cell disease.  Is it normal for the doctor in the CBC to state how many sickle cells are seen?   thanks. ...

Iron-deficiency Anemia Or Iron Defiency Anemia
Oct 20, 2011

Does anyone know the correct BOS way to type this? I can't seem to find in my edition, but it's not the newest one. ...

Anemia With Normal S/l S Pep?
Oct 17, 2009

what would S pep be referring to?  ...

Injections For Anemia
Nov 11, 2009

The patient has anemia and it s/l the doctor is saying she is receiving "Anise" injections for anemia?  I haven't heard of this.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Anemia Drug Help
Jul 29, 2011

I'm having trouble finding a drug name that s/l validamide.  The patient has refractory anemia and is also on Procit. Thanks! ...

HepatoPro Anemia?
Apr 18, 2012

Horrible ESL dictating:  I will initiate a Chron's disease workup after finishing a sonogram and screen for s/left Hepatopro ___ anemia, steatohepatitis, check a PSA level. ...

Anemia - Not A Student
Nov 01, 2012

How do you type this? …normocytic normochromic anemia …normocytic, normochromic anemia …normocytic/normochromic anemia …normocytic-normochromic anemia ...

Anemia Med S/l Afiseeant? TIA
Jun 08, 2015

Medication Afiseeant? TIA ...

Medication S/l Neotiacin CT...patient With MDS/anemia Please See More...
Nov 17, 2009

other meds listed are Aranesp, allopurinol, and digoxin...the dose for the unknown medication is 240 mg daily... ...

S/l NFCLC Iron Deficiency Anemia
Feb 03, 2012

Not sure what the NFCLC stands for or if it's even a real abbreviation for something or just "chronic mumble-mouth" :)  Thanks! ...

Diamond/black Sand Anemia? Anyone Heard Of This?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

Drug S/l Mirapein 1-2 Mg. Pt Has Migraines, Anxiety, Depression, Anemia,
Oct 07, 2010

Has also had gastric bypass surgery TIA  ...

Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia And Chron's Together Does Anyone Else Have Thes Two Conditios Toget
Oct 18, 2009

I have two disorders together which i have been told are very rare together autoimmune hemolyitic anemia and crohn's  . Many doctors have pushed me away and won't have anyhting to do with me cause they have never delt with these together before and i'm a liability. And my doctor that i see for my crohn's don't know what to do or whatthe best corse of treatmentis for me, if i can find more people with these two disorders maby i'll find an answer to what to ...

CBC Count,s/l "four Red" Sickle Cells
Nov 08, 2014

I am doing lab values and they give the hemoglobin, hematocrit and platelet count and then it  sounds like 4 red sickle cells were noted.  I know sickle cells were noted, and I am trying to figure out what the s/l 4 red is .  Thanks in advance for any help ...

Can Someone Please Take Their Cell Phones Away?
May 05, 2011

I swear she is on a cell phone in a low service area on speaker mode.  Aren't they supposed to dial in on a hospital phone?  At one time a few years back, I thought it was against HIPAA to use cell phones for dictation.  Drives a person nutty. ...

S/l Por-tin-gee Cell Antibodies??
Aug 09, 2011

Help Please!!  ...

C-cell Polyps?
Aug 12, 2011

Is that correct? I'm trying to find "C-cell" definition relating to the colon. ...

2B SNR Cell Carcinoma
Sep 28, 2011

Thanks for any help! ...

Cell Phones - Or Whatever.
Jul 17, 2014

This dictator sounds about 70+ and is still using a device that keeps fading out, some kind of cell phone.  Don't they know how bad that is?  Don't they see how many words are missing in their returned reports?  I really think a lot of doctors are ignorant about technology, especially the older ones.   ...

Drug Name - Anemia, Continue Foltx And S/l "Proveit"
Apr 16, 2010

Anemia, continue Foltx and s/l "Proveit" Pt with end stage renal disease, hypertension, diabetes, colon cancer, dyslipidemia, proteinuria, and anemia.  please help ...

Super Cell Hemangioma
May 25, 2010

Dr. states "super cell hemangioma resection".  Is there such a thing??  He then talks about eyes.  Thanks! ...

Giant Cell Ademona?
Apr 23, 2011

Colorectal surgeon, and I might actually be hearing him correctly, but it sounds like he's saying "He does not have J-eye-uh-fell's' adenoma of the rectum".... ...

So It Is HALLER Or HALAR Cell(s)?
Dec 16, 2011

Been doing rad for 14 years and don't recall having this one.  He pronounced it "halar" (in the sinuses) but my online search yielded about 50/50 halar to Haller.  Even the journals and medical literature are about evenly split on this!  (Tried to link to search results, but apparently this site doesn't allow links to https sites like Scroogle.) Would appreciate input on this one.  Thanks. ...

Cell Phone Dictation :p
Jul 21, 2012

I know someone recently talked about this here, but just thought I'd ask how common is this now?  My last account, which I lost to offshoring, had about 5% cell phone dictators, but this new account seems to have over 20%.  It's driving me crazy - tearing my hair out - almost bald at this point.  :P    ...

Cell Phone Dictation
Sep 28, 2012

What do you do when you have a bunch of dictators who are using cell phones, causing you to leave a bunch of spaces,  and your MTSO refuses to address the problem? ...

Cell Phone Dictations
Dec 29, 2012

As long as you (doc) dictate on a cell phone, I PROMISE to leave blanks in your reports!!  RIDICULOUS!  This company does not pay us enuf to struggle through that crap.  Blankity, blank, blank, blank... ...

S/l RE PAW Chemotherapy For B-cell Lymphoma
Mar 21, 2014

nm ...

Anyone Get Their Cell Phone Discount?
May 19, 2014

I signed up back in February because supposedly Mmodal through JP Morgan was offering discounts on cell phone plans. They sent an email directing us to the website that is being used currently for the MT week stuff. I signed up and was supposed to receive 25% off but it is now May and I am still waiting to see a difference on my bill. Was this a joke? Was this only for corporate people? ...