A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

sickle cell - ABrown

Posted: Mar 31, 2012

Patient has sickle cell disease with frequent vaso-occlusive pain crises... s/l "impressive aloe (spelled by dictator) immunization" in patient with moderate immune hemolytic anemia.  I cannot find a reference for this aloe immunization.  Does anybody have a clue if this is correct? 

it's alloimmunization - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Sickle Cell Thalassemia
Jan 01, 2010

Happy new year all! With or w/o hyphen? Sickle cell thalassemia or sickle-cell thalassemia or sickle cell-thalassemia. Thank You! ...

Sickle Cell Anemia Or Sickle Cell Anemia
May 10, 2011

Which is correct? Capitals or no caps? ...

Sickle Cell Lab Tests
May 17, 2012

I am not that familiar with lab tests for sickle cell disease.  Is it normal for the doctor in the CBC to state how many sickle cells are seen?   thanks. ...

CBC Count,s/l "four Red" Sickle Cells
Nov 08, 2014

I am doing lab values and they give the hemoglobin, hematocrit and platelet count and then it  sounds like 4 red sickle cells were noted.  I know sickle cells were noted, and I am trying to figure out what the s/l 4 red is .  Thanks in advance for any help ...

Can Someone Please Take Their Cell Phones Away?
May 05, 2011

I swear she is on a cell phone in a low service area on speaker mode.  Aren't they supposed to dial in on a hospital phone?  At one time a few years back, I thought it was against HIPAA to use cell phones for dictation.  Drives a person nutty. ...

S/l Por-tin-gee Cell Antibodies??
Aug 09, 2011

Help Please!!  ...

C-cell Polyps?
Aug 12, 2011

Is that correct? I'm trying to find "C-cell" definition relating to the colon. ...

2B SNR Cell Carcinoma
Sep 28, 2011

Thanks for any help! ...

Cell Phones - Or Whatever.
Jul 17, 2014

This dictator sounds about 70+ and is still using a device that keeps fading out, some kind of cell phone.  Don't they know how bad that is?  Don't they see how many words are missing in their returned reports?  I really think a lot of doctors are ignorant about technology, especially the older ones.   ...

Super Cell Hemangioma
May 25, 2010

Dr. states "super cell hemangioma resection".  Is there such a thing??  He then talks about eyes.  Thanks! ...

Giant Cell Ademona?
Apr 23, 2011

Colorectal surgeon, and I might actually be hearing him correctly, but it sounds like he's saying "He does not have J-eye-uh-fell's' adenoma of the rectum".... ...

So It Is HALLER Or HALAR Cell(s)?
Dec 16, 2011

Been doing rad for 14 years and don't recall having this one.  He pronounced it "halar" (in the sinuses) but my online search yielded about 50/50 halar to Haller.  Even the journals and medical literature are about evenly split on this!  (Tried to link to search results, but apparently this site doesn't allow links to https sites like Scroogle.) Would appreciate input on this one.  Thanks. ...

Cell Phone Dictation :p
Jul 21, 2012

I know someone recently talked about this here, but just thought I'd ask how common is this now?  My last account, which I lost to offshoring, had about 5% cell phone dictators, but this new account seems to have over 20%.  It's driving me crazy - tearing my hair out - almost bald at this point.  :P    ...

Cell Phone Dictation
Sep 28, 2012

What do you do when you have a bunch of dictators who are using cell phones, causing you to leave a bunch of spaces,  and your MTSO refuses to address the problem? ...

Cell Phone Dictations
Dec 29, 2012

As long as you (doc) dictate on a cell phone, I PROMISE to leave blanks in your reports!!  RIDICULOUS!  This company does not pay us enuf to struggle through that crap.  Blankity, blank, blank, blank... ...

S/l RE PAW Chemotherapy For B-cell Lymphoma
Mar 21, 2014

nm ...

Anyone Get Their Cell Phone Discount?
May 19, 2014

I signed up back in February because supposedly Mmodal through JP Morgan was offering discounts on cell phone plans. They sent an email directing us to the website that is being used currently for the MT week stuff. I signed up and was supposed to receive 25% off but it is now May and I am still waiting to see a difference on my bill. Was this a joke? Was this only for corporate people? ...

Cell Phone Discount
May 22, 2014

Does anyone know if Verizon offers us a discount? TIA ...

Basal Cell Carcinoma Description
Nov 05, 2009

a small, raised lesion that actually appears to be a basal cell carcinoma.  It is in the vermilion border.  It is associated with some dimpling in the center and has the rather typical pearly appearance with two injected vessels.- does anyone have a guess as to what sounds like "two injected vessels might be.?  This lesion is on her lip.  ...

White Cell Count 27.6000?
Apr 23, 2010

Does it sound right for a white cell count to be 27.6000.  (He stated 27-point-6000).   Looks odd to me but thought I'd ask. ...

Red Blood Cell Expert Needed!
Aug 11, 2011

ESL doc is giving a report on red blood cells.  He says:  "There are no fragmented or s/l destructive/destructed cells and no s/l hammer/halma cells, either, only polychromatic." I am at a loss. I'm wondering if hammer/halma is helper cell, but I really don't know. Anyone? ...

White Blood Cell Count
Nov 29, 2011

Doc says 4.6000 wbc cell count....is this correct?  how should this be written??   ...

Doctors/dictators Who Use Cell Phones
Sep 14, 2013

weary :o( ...

Cell Phone Discount Thru MModal
May 22, 2014

I saw a post on here the other day regarding discounts thru MModal thru JP Morgan and immediately called my cell phone carrier.  I had to give them my work email so they could verify.  I did have to change the cell phone bill into my name, which meant getting a new account.  It took quite a while, but worth it as I was eligible for a 23% discount on my data package, which they say is the most expensive part of the bill.  Hey, any savings nowadays is worth an hour on the ...

Doctors Seem Clueless That Cell Phones
Jun 14, 2014

Don't they realize that cell phones and similar devices make their dictation a mangled mess with words being cut off?  Or do they just blame us? ...

How Do You Report A Doctor For Dictating On A Cell Phone?
Jan 04, 2010

He's been told and told not to do this and he still does it.  Isn't that  HIPAA violation, since cell phones are not secure? ...

Biopsy Of Basal Cell Carcioma On Eyelid.
Feb 28, 2012

Excisional biopsy of right lower lid basal cell carcinoma.  A marking pen was used to outline the "pearline" nodule.  (does this mean pearl-like - ??) Thank you! ...

Best Clients Ever. He Just Redictated A Cell Phone Dictation
Apr 02, 2012

I have the nicest clients ever. After contacting office staff that the physician's dictation was problematic due to the cell phone used, the physician redictated this on a landline. Wow! Nicest ever! I thought I was going to be up all night deciphering this, as this particular cell phone recorded extremely bad. He did not even wait for the prior to come in with potential blanks but redictated it. This is the same client I have that reinstalled their landline after installing a VOiP system t ...

Cell Phone Dictation Barely Audible
Jul 24, 2012

I just had the worst cell phone dictation in my life, about 6 pages long, barely audible, lots of static, and there's more to come now.  I wrote a note to the hospital, but I'm sure it'll be ignored.  Anyone have any luck complaining about this?  It's a nightmare. ...

Yup, It's Friday Nite - Nothin' But Cell Phones - Nm
May 08, 2015

x ...