A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Injections for anemia - Viking Fan

Posted: Nov 11, 2009

The patient has anemia and it s/l the doctor is saying she is receiving "Anise" injections for anemia?  I haven't heard of this.  Thoughts?

Thanks!

Aranesp. - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

That's it! - Viking Fan

[ In Reply To ..]
That's it! Thanks, sweetie.

You're welcome. I used to bill for the stuff. - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked in oncology for about a hundred years... Aranesp came out some years back as a sort of new-and-improved version of Procrit. They can give it less often, to the same effect. Patients of course appreciate being stuck less often....

And many of the insurance companies were absolute bee-yotches about paying for it, despite it having been FDA approved for the indications we were giving it for.... This is part of why I am no longer a biller, and went back to doing nothing but transcription.

But the Aranesp rep was kinda cute, and he used to bring us lunch.... :)

Similar Messages:

Iron-deficiency Anemia Or Iron Defiency Anemia
Oct 20, 2011

Does anyone know the correct BOS way to type this? I can't seem to find in my edition, but it's not the newest one. ...

Injections
Dec 05, 2014

Need help with proper cortisone injection wording.  Doctor is saying cortisone injection 1 k 45 Marcaine 28-gauge.  I'm new to ortho so how should this be typed?  Thanks so much! ...

Cortisone Injections?
Dec 02, 2010

I wanted to know if this doctor means cortisone injections? "The mother did not want him to take (s/l cortisone) injections, which I started him on because of his extreme noncompliance. ...

S/l Levotherm Injections
Nov 06, 2012

Not much to go on here, listed in med list. Pt has CAD, obesity, sleep apnea, diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. May be Livatherm, Levotherm...it's the first sound that is muffled. Thanks for looking! ...

Need Help With Botox Injections With EMG Localization. SM
Jul 10, 2014

I just want to make sure I am hearing my doctor right.  She is injecting Botox in to different muscles and she says: "Left brachialis, excellent noise, injected 20 units." Am I hearing excellent noise?  These Botox injection notes are new for me (after more than 20 years, I found something I've never done!) and I want to make sure I'm correct. ...

S/l FERTIL Injections For Joint Pain
Aug 12, 2010

. tia ...

Help! Patient With Bilateral Shoulder Pain With Injections In The Past, Sm
Aug 21, 2012

In diagnosis, doc is saying Shoulder s/l row lay, follow orthopedics.  Thanks so much! ...

Anemia With Normal S/l S Pep?
Oct 17, 2009

what would S pep be referring to?  ...

Anemia Drug Help
Jul 29, 2011

I'm having trouble finding a drug name that s/l validamide.  The patient has refractory anemia and is also on Procit. Thanks! ...

HepatoPro Anemia?
Apr 18, 2012

Horrible ESL dictating:  I will initiate a Chron's disease workup after finishing a sonogram and screen for s/left Hepatopro ___ anemia, steatohepatitis, check a PSA level. ...

Anemia - Not A Student
Nov 01, 2012

How do you type this? …normocytic normochromic anemia …normocytic, normochromic anemia …normocytic/normochromic anemia …normocytic-normochromic anemia ...

Anemia Med S/l Afiseeant? TIA
Jun 08, 2015

Medication Afiseeant? TIA ...

Sickle Cell Anemia Or Sickle Cell Anemia
May 10, 2011

Which is correct? Capitals or no caps? ...

Medication S/l Neotiacin CT...patient With MDS/anemia Please See More...
Nov 17, 2009

other meds listed are Aranesp, allopurinol, and digoxin...the dose for the unknown medication is 240 mg daily... ...

S/l NFCLC Iron Deficiency Anemia
Feb 03, 2012

Not sure what the NFCLC stands for or if it's even a real abbreviation for something or just "chronic mumble-mouth" :)  Thanks! ...

Diamond/black Sand Anemia? Anyone Heard Of This?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

Drug S/l Mirapein 1-2 Mg. Pt Has Migraines, Anxiety, Depression, Anemia,
Oct 07, 2010

Has also had gastric bypass surgery TIA  ...

Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia And Chron's Together Does Anyone Else Have Thes Two Conditios Toget
Oct 18, 2009

I have two disorders together which i have been told are very rare together autoimmune hemolyitic anemia and crohn's  . Many doctors have pushed me away and won't have anyhting to do with me cause they have never delt with these together before and i'm a liability. And my doctor that i see for my crohn's don't know what to do or whatthe best corse of treatmentis for me, if i can find more people with these two disorders maby i'll find an answer to what to ...

Interferon Alpha Or Interferon Alfa Injections For
Feb 09, 2011

:) ...

Drug Name - Anemia, Continue Foltx And S/l "Proveit"
Apr 16, 2010

Anemia, continue Foltx and s/l "Proveit" Pt with end stage renal disease, hypertension, diabetes, colon cancer, dyslipidemia, proteinuria, and anemia.  please help ...

He Has Had "plasticom" Injections For
Oct 07, 2010

. ...