A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sarcoidosis diagnosed by mediastinoscopy with negative ____ scan. - Abby

Posted: Nov 04, 2009

the blank sounds like a one syllable word

thanks much,

Abby

SM - Backwoods typist

[ In Reply To ..]
Not really enough info, but a common scan used to stage cancer and the like is a PET scan. You can see if that is what he is saying.

It is not PET scan, sounds more like dime scan or game scan?? - Abby

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no more details as it is just something listed in past medical history.
Thanks very much though,

Abby

How about... - MT17

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be "gallium" scan?

Similar Messages:

____(s/l) Ee-day-o-lus Test Is Negative. Re: Hips - SM
Feb 13, 2015

patient is seen for functional intoeing.  She has mild physiologic valgus of both knees, a little bit more so left than the right.  She has full flexion and extension of the hips.  ____(s/l ee-day-o-lus) test is negative. ...

S/l CT Sick Scan? 6 Scan? Thick Scan?
Feb 10, 2010

Patient with upper abdominal pain. She received a CT ** scan of her chest and abdomen. There really isn't any further context that would help. ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Patient With Sarcoidosis. He Is On Medrol (s/l He Is Dictating 16 And 4 Mg Every Other Day.) SM
Nov 28, 2009

Could this be correct 16 and 4 mg.. or do you think he might have just started saying 16 and corrected himself and said 4 mg??? Thanks guys!! ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

Doctor-diagnosed Or Doctor Diagnosed?
Jan 27, 2010

Psychiatric Consultation under Review of past medical records... There's a list of 8 paragraphs that begin with "Doctor diagnosed... " and then a list of conditions that the patient had/has follows each. Would Doctor-diagnosed be hypenated in this case?  Thanks!   ...

Child Diagnosed With Pharyngitis And Paretsia?
Jun 17, 2010

She has a spanish accent and is am not sure what she is saying.  The child  was diagnosed with pharyngitis and sounds likes she is saying paretsia? ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

"Beecher" Scan? Type Of Chest Scan
Nov 04, 2010

Sentences: "A CT scan of the chest was ordered by primary care provider for the complaint of pleurisy.  A (s/l Beecher) scan was ordered thereafter." I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself when I realize what this one was, but I am fried and just can't find it.  Any thoughts? ...

____ Ranger Symptoms?
Oct 03, 2011

Patient has a head injury, and doc says he has no s/l "left oh ranger" symptoms.... can't get a handle on this one. Thanks in advance! ...

Please Help With This (fast Food ____ S/l Jonara)
Mar 31, 2011

Typing a SOAP note for a local physician and I know I have heard this word before but do not use it everyday and it is just not clicking this morning!!!  He is telling the patient to stay away from fatty foods and he uses this word in a sentence telling him to "Stay away from the fast food ____ (sounds like jonara or ganara)"   TIA! ...

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit WAS ____, BUN And Creatinine WAS ___
Mar 26, 2013

I've heard all the docs saying this... even ones whose grammar I don't need to normally correct.  Have I been wrong all these years in thinking with an "AND" there would make the correct phrase "WERE" ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Peripheral Pulses Are +2 In Posterior And Tibial ____
Jun 22, 2010

NM ...

Word Help - EGFR ____ Wild Type
May 23, 2013

This is a rad/onc report. Here is the sentence: "...woman with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer with neuroendocrine features, EGFR _________ wild type." The blank s/l either "and AOK" or "NAOK" Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance :) ...

The Attachment Of The ____(s/l Adra-dramatus) - ORTHO
Mar 03, 2015

There was a small area of desmoid irregularity in the posterior distal femur and also a little bit of edema at the attachment of the _____(s/l Adra-dramatus).   TIA ...

The Patient Had A Postop Postdelivery Complication Of ____ (s/l Ana-ma-tray-us) And Had To Have D&am
Aug 26, 2010

thanks!!! ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Diagnosed With S/l "ZZ Alil"??
Oct 15, 2009

anyone heard of ZZ alil?  or ZZ aleel? Thanks, Abby ...

S/l Diagnosed With Ductal Carcinoma In "slide Two"....
Feb 16, 2010

diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in "slide two" of the right breast, and is getting ready to undergo a lumpectomy.  Just wondering if this slide two is correct? Thanks, Abby ...

Scan Medical In MI - Anyone Still Working At Scan Medical
May 29, 2011

Is anyone still working at Scan Medical.  I lost my account and just wondered if she is getting more accounts. ...

"Blood Pressure 164/96, ____ 75" S/L Full Or Flow??
Sep 14, 2011

Doc says, "Blood pressure repeat with a manual cuff is 164/96 ____ 75." Could be full or flow?? TIA! ...

Under "Review Of Past Medical History" He Says "Doctor Diagnosed, Etc." Is This
Sep 12, 2010

Under "Review of Past Medical History" he says "Doctor diagnosed, etc." for several paragraphs. Is this a heading or does it need a colon after "diagnosed?" ...

CT Scan Help
Oct 26, 2009

with adjacent deep white matter hypoatenula faction secondary to old infarct This is what it sounds like, but not finding anything close to this ...

CT Scan Or CAT Scan?
Feb 25, 2010

QA changed CT scan to CAT scan on one of my reports.  Also, in that same report, gram was changed to gm.  I always thought it was CT scan and "gram."  Have I been doing it wrong all this time?? Thanks. ...

Seen On MRI Scan
Jun 17, 2010

"Seen on MRI scan not unlike adolfsin's fingers." Any clue to adolfsin's fingers?  I appreciate any help!  ...

V/Q Scan
Aug 26, 2010

Sounds like... No "wedge-shaped " pleural-based defects identified.  Could that be right?  Thanks... ...

CT Scan
May 26, 2011

CT angiogram of the carotid arteries.  The word I am looking for S/L Reuben or Rubin images...? Thank you in advance. ...