A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

might as well pack my bags - new but old

Posted: Jul 19, 2013

I have gotten so many Major errors today that it has completely demoralized me.  Never in my life have I been marked off for some of these things and have had my percentage drop to below 98%.  I have always been over 99% and now am being marked off for commas not put in (places that I have never ever placed them before) and capitalizing words in sentences that have never been marked off before but now they are saying that if I can substitute a noun for them they need to be capitalized.  After years of doing it I have never ever heard that before.  I might as well quit now because I feel that every report I type is being scrutinized until they can bring my percentage down in the gutter.  I cannot wait to quit.  Don't send me an email later asking me to work more!!

I wonder how long this QC bonus will last - It is going to cost Nuance a fortune

[ In Reply To ..]
This had to be the dumbest idea ever. Obviously QC will start creating errors so they can make more money. DUH!

I have gotten dozens upon dozens of FIESA alerts over the past couple of weeks. More in 2 weeks, in fact, than the previous 2 years put together. Now I am pretty sure I have not suddenly become the dumbest MT on earth, gee I wonder what could be going on.

same here - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing here. I have had more in the last week then I have had in my entire employment here which is going on 2 years. Never has it been like this so there is definitely something going on. I know that I am not doing anything different now then I was doing before so it is definitely on their end.

Similar Messages:

Amoo Bags???
Apr 29, 2012

Amoo bags support with 100% O2.   Thanks! ...

Pack-a-day
Jul 05, 2012

Any dr. I transcribe for always says "pack-a-day" even if it's plural.  I.e., "She is a two pack-a-day smoker for twenty years."  I've always changed it to "packs-a-day."  I'm curious if you think I'm right, or if I should transcribe verbatum.  Thanks.  ...

S/l Haydon Pack??
Nov 05, 2009

It's a vaginal hysterectomy. Here's the whole context: A weighted vaginal speculum was inserted. A single double-toothed tenaculum placed on the cervix. Then, a colpotomy incision was made with curved scissors. Upon entering into the cul-de-sac, a _____ pack was inserted, and a Heaney retractor put in place. Haydon pack? Haden pack? Google is NOT my friend today.... ...

S/l Core Pack
Jul 29, 2010

HEENT:  Her pupils react to light.  Her sclerae are clear.  She has a s/l core pack in. ...

XP And Service Pack 3
May 17, 2011

Does anyone know if you can still download SP 3 for XP Professional?  I had heard MS wasn't supporting it any longer.  I need a new computer but company's software doesn't work with Windows 7...or so they say.   ...

Chantix Starting & Continuing Pack? R They Capitalized
Oct 23, 2009

Is the starting pack and continuing pack captalized? ...

Metamucil Orange S/l *STFF* 1 Pack P.o. Daily.
Apr 23, 2011

x ...

Eating Disorder - S/l Counsel One Pack Each Morning.
Jun 14, 2013

In med list so may or may not be eating disorder related. ...

Hudred Pack Years (period) Quit October 2006
May 29, 2012

if dictated as: SOCIAL HISTORY: hudred pack years (period) quit October 2006  what should be the correct way of transcribing it? is it.... SOCILA HISTORY: A hundred pack years, quit October 2006. A 100-pack-years, quit October 2006. 100-pack-year. Quit October 2006. ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

How To Type: Given His "50 Plus Pack Year" History Of Smoking.
May 26, 2010

d ...

She Has A "1-year Pack History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Aug 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt Had A "3-year Pack-history" Of Smoking. How To Type?
May 31, 2011

?? ...

Sounds Like High "pack" Debulking
Aug 19, 2010

pt has ovarian cancer. ...

Pt Smoked "1/3 Pack Per Day" For 30 Years. Hyphens?
Mar 21, 2011

She smoked approximately "1/3 pack per day" for 30 years ...

Dental Surgery,s/l "Ferret" Throat Pack"
Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery?  ...