A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Prepped and draped in ___ sterile fashion. - Old nurse, new MT

Posted: Feb 02, 2011

Could use some help with this one. This is for a cysto with ureteroscopy and stone basketing.

"The groin was prepped and draped in ___ sterile fashion."  It sounds like urgent, but that doesn't make sense. Doesn't sound like 'usual' or 'normal'.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

standard - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
perhaps?

Prepped...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
I usually hear it with the words switched but maybe... surgical sterile fashion. It's usually sterile surgical fashion. ??

Since it sounds like "urgent", I think it may be - surgical NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Normal or Usual???... nm - ncMT

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Can you hear "the usual"? nm - GaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Prepped and draped - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
If it does not sound like "usual," could it be "routine sterile fashion"?

Similar Messages:

Both Groins And Abdomen Were Prepped And Draped In The Usual Manner From SM
Jan 26, 2010

the midthigh to the s/l "zif-fus" sternum.  ...

The Lower Face Was Prepped With Ryodine?
Jul 14, 2013

Any ideals? ...

Left Upper Extremity Was Prepped With S/l Prevail
Apr 03, 2013

and then draped in a sterile fashion. S/L either prevail, prebale, etc.  Thanks! ...

Debridement - Patient Was S/l Freight/free Wrapped, Prepped
Aug 01, 2010

Patient was s/l freight/free wrapped, prepped, and draped in the usual fashion in the supine position. ...

Sterile Talc
Jan 06, 2010

Pleurodesis related . . . The chest cavity was dusted with sterile s/l "a-esta-lized" talc.    Cannot find reference.  Suggestions? ...

Sterile Drapes Placed Using Skin ??
May 13, 2010

This is a Sistrunk procedure: excision of thyroglossal duct cyst.  SOUNDS LIKE "skin righted" sterile drapes were placed using a ____    just below the hyoid bone, which worked out to be a nice location.  Incision was carried through the platysma and flaps elevated superiorly and inferiorly.    TIA ! ! ! ! ...

Fluoroscopy Sterile Prep
Sep 17, 2013

Extremely strong Israeli accent performing cervical ESI using some type of solution for sterile prep and drape that sounds like chlorograt.  Any suggestions?? Am drawing a complete blank. ...

Sterile Pens Each Time They Chart? Seriously?
May 23, 2012

I was told by a friend of a friend who works in a hospital that they now must use sterile pens each time they chart.  The pens come wrapped in sterile paper and must be used only once.  I guess these pens are purchased at an exorbitant rate by the hospital "suits."  Somehow they all figure out a way to scratch each other's backs.  They screw us out of money, and if that isn't bad enough, they exploit us in this country and then try to do the same to the Indians.&nbs ...

S/L Relax Fashion
Jan 12, 2010

Care was taken to assure that the mesh was placed in ____ fashion to avoid excessive tension S/L relax fashion, relix fashion...Any ideas??????   ...

This Is Why MTs Will Always Be Needed In Some Fashion
Jun 24, 2010

Dictated: A 69 year old man with history of hypertension, diabetes... type 2 diabetes and dyslipidemia, admitted with sudden onset....admitted with subacute onset of ascites... of ascites and jaundice.....with subacute onset of progressive ascites and jaundice.  Imaging..... no, say,  Reason for consultation is a 69 year old man admitted with hypoglycemia in a setting of a .... 69 year old man witih history of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, admitted with persistent hypog ...

Old Fashion Phrase?
Apr 03, 2012

Dictated: "If the s/l tick of relief is temporary then return to the office." I've never heard of anything like this :( ...

Cystoscopy-- ? Meridian? Fashion
May 01, 2013

On cystoscopy, it sounds clearly like: ...rigid cystoscope was advanced per urethra into the bladder, and the bladder was investigated in the usual *s/l meridian* fashion. I don't remember having this before. Have I just lost my mind? I've done thousands of cystoscopy notes. ...

Core Stitch Fashion
May 28, 2013

Incision repaired in a s/l "core stitch fashion?" with 3-0 Supramid nylon suture. ...

Help With Word. Pots Tie Fashion
Jan 20, 2015

Cardiac surgery: ... and control was gained of the superior thyroid artery with a 0-silk in a pots tie fashion. ...

Incision In An Embroidered L-fashion - Has Anyone Heard Of This?
Mar 20, 2011

Curious to know if anyone has heard of this?  It's clearly what he is saying but when I tried to look it up just for reference I couldn't find anything.  It's for an osteotomy. The periosteum overlying the first metatarsal head was incised in an embroidered L-fashion. Thanks! ...

Bard Mesh With Riva Stoppa Fashion?
Jun 06, 2013

This is a ventral incisional hernia repair and it sounds like the doctor is saying Bard mesh with riva stoppa fashion?  Help! ...

Maybe If The The Dang Jobs Would Load In A Timely Fashion Line Counts Would Better.
Jun 13, 2015

Nm ...

Cardiac Cath Term...sterile "rebuff" Sm
Feb 19, 2013

At the end of the procedure, after sterile s/l "rebuff" of the area, the sheath was removed and the TR band was placed to achieve hemostasis. ...

Bowel Packed Off With Sterile "Ortel" - Nm
Jan 17, 2013

nm ...

Doc Says Pfannenstiel Sterile Incision Or Stab Incision?
Feb 05, 2010

Pfannenstiel stab incision or sterile incision?  Any help will be appreciated! ...

S/l Fascia Closed In "SC Jones" Fashion - Nm
Mar 09, 2013

nm ...

POTS Or Pots Fashion?
Sep 04, 2012

Vessel loops were placed in a s/l pots fashion.  I can't verify what exactly this means as the only thing that will come up for me medically is POTS syndrome.  Wondering if someone can help let me know how this is supposed to be i.e. pots/POTS/potz and what the surgeon is referring to. ...

Pulsed-dose/pulse Dose/pulsed Dose Fashion??
Jun 05, 2013

Hi, Its being said the patient wants to take Lamisil in a pulsed dose situation.  I was wondering if a hyphen is needed or not between 'pulsed' and 'dose'; or is it just 'a pulse dose' fashion?? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance! ...