A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sterile talc - MSmt

Posted: Jan 06, 2010

Pleurodesis related . . .

The chest cavity was dusted with sterile s/l "a-esta-lized" talc. 

Cannot find reference.  Suggestions?

talc - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
It comes in powder and aerosol. I bet the dictator is trying to say aerosolized

Thanks! - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you are right. Thanks!

Similar Messages:

Sterile Drapes Placed Using Skin ??
May 13, 2010

This is a Sistrunk procedure: excision of thyroglossal duct cyst.  SOUNDS LIKE "skin righted" sterile drapes were placed using a ____    just below the hyoid bone, which worked out to be a nice location.  Incision was carried through the platysma and flaps elevated superiorly and inferiorly.    TIA ! ! ! ! ...

Fluoroscopy Sterile Prep
Sep 17, 2013

Extremely strong Israeli accent performing cervical ESI using some type of solution for sterile prep and drape that sounds like chlorograt.  Any suggestions?? Am drawing a complete blank. ...

Prepped And Draped In ___ Sterile Fashion.
Feb 02, 2011

Could use some help with this one. This is for a cysto with ureteroscopy and stone basketing. "The groin was prepped and draped in ___ sterile fashion."  It sounds like urgent, but that doesn't make sense. Doesn't sound like 'usual' or 'normal'. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Sterile Pens Each Time They Chart? Seriously?
May 23, 2012

I was told by a friend of a friend who works in a hospital that they now must use sterile pens each time they chart.  The pens come wrapped in sterile paper and must be used only once.  I guess these pens are purchased at an exorbitant rate by the hospital "suits."  Somehow they all figure out a way to scratch each other's backs.  They screw us out of money, and if that isn't bad enough, they exploit us in this country and then try to do the same to the Indians.&nbs ...

Cardiac Cath Term...sterile "rebuff" Sm
Feb 19, 2013

At the end of the procedure, after sterile s/l "rebuff" of the area, the sheath was removed and the TR band was placed to achieve hemostasis. ...

Bowel Packed Off With Sterile "Ortel" - Nm
Jan 17, 2013

nm ...

Doc Says Pfannenstiel Sterile Incision Or Stab Incision?
Feb 05, 2010

Pfannenstiel stab incision or sterile incision?  Any help will be appreciated! ...