A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cystoscopy-- ? meridian? fashion - Am I just having a brain fart?

Posted: May 01, 2013

On cystoscopy, it sounds clearly like:

...rigid cystoscope was advanced per urethra into the bladder, and the bladder was investigated in the usual *s/l meridian* fashion.

I don't remember having this before. Have I just lost my mind? I've done thousands of cystoscopy notes.

Never heard it this way, either, but it makes sense when you look up - meridian, imaginary circle thru the poles of an ob

[ In Reply To ..]

Sorry. Should be 'object' there... going along a meridian is following - a circular path. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Cystoscopy Help
Nov 17, 2009

The sentece reads: A 6-French x 24 cm double-J stent ws then placed.  One curl noted in the upper pole under fluoroscopy, another curl noted in the bladder under cystoscopy, a s/l "dang-litter" was left in place.   ...

For Cystoscopy, Is It 5 Mg Or 500 Mg Amikacin
Jul 26, 2011

I have tried google, etc, but I am still not positive.  For prophylaxis for a cystoscopy, is it usually 5 mg or 500 mg.  Dr.  is really speeding through and I think I hear 5 mg, but always thought it was 500 mg.  Now I am totally unsure.   On top of it all, by internet went down all night, so now I am really under pressure to get this out.  Appreciate your help.  Thanks,  ...

TVTO With Cystoscopy?
Jun 15, 2012

Thanks! ...

S/L Relax Fashion
Jan 12, 2010

Care was taken to assure that the mesh was placed in ____ fashion to avoid excessive tension S/L relax fashion, relix fashion...Any ideas??????   ...

This Is Why MTs Will Always Be Needed In Some Fashion
Jun 24, 2010

Dictated: A 69 year old man with history of hypertension, diabetes... type 2 diabetes and dyslipidemia, admitted with sudden onset....admitted with subacute onset of ascites... of ascites and jaundice.....with subacute onset of progressive ascites and jaundice.  Imaging..... no, say,  Reason for consultation is a 69 year old man admitted with hypoglycemia in a setting of a .... 69 year old man witih history of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, admitted with persistent hypog ...

Old Fashion Phrase?
Apr 03, 2012

Dictated: "If the s/l tick of relief is temporary then return to the office." I've never heard of anything like this :( ...

S/l Vincent? Wire In Cystoscopy
Mar 05, 2010

Any ideas?  I'm sure someone knows, but I don't!!  TIA ...

Cystoscopy - Type Of Urethra?
Oct 18, 2010

Cystourethroscopy was performed, and the patient was noted to have a normal (___) urethra.  However, at the junction of the pendulous and bulbous urethra there were several wide aperture strictures.  The bulbous urethra and the membranous urethra were completely free of stricture. I can't figure out what type of urethra he is saying.  It seems slurred to me, and I can't make out what it starts with or ends with.  Maybe ending in a- u sound.  It has an s in it ...

Cystoscopy And Fulguration With Foley
Feb 05, 2013

Does anyone know what this word is?  It s/l cath-i-nod This resulted in a very dry prostatic urethra, and then I placed a Foley catheter to cathenod this area.    Thank you very much. ...

Bladder Exam/cystoscopy
May 06, 2014

Thank you in advance for any help.   :)  I have an Indian urologist who is describing the bladder examination on cystoscopy and says,  "Occasional petechia are present.  No hornicles are seen."    Sounds like hornusuls, etc.   Uuuugh.  I've been transcribing for this doctor for a year and have never heard this although it sounds familiar from my medical background.   I know I'm going to slap my forehead when I get this.   :/  &n ...

Core Stitch Fashion
May 28, 2013

Incision repaired in a s/l "core stitch fashion?" with 3-0 Supramid nylon suture. ...

Help With Word. Pots Tie Fashion
Jan 20, 2015

Cardiac surgery: ... and control was gained of the superior thyroid artery with a 0-silk in a pots tie fashion. ...

Prepped And Draped In ___ Sterile Fashion.
Feb 02, 2011

Could use some help with this one. This is for a cysto with ureteroscopy and stone basketing. "The groin was prepped and draped in ___ sterile fashion."  It sounds like urgent, but that doesn't make sense. Doesn't sound like 'usual' or 'normal'. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Incision In An Embroidered L-fashion - Has Anyone Heard Of This?
Mar 20, 2011

Curious to know if anyone has heard of this?  It's clearly what he is saying but when I tried to look it up just for reference I couldn't find anything.  It's for an osteotomy. The periosteum overlying the first metatarsal head was incised in an embroidered L-fashion. Thanks! ...

Procedure: Flexible Cystoscopy, Complex Urodynamics,
Oct 30, 2009

s/l "cautious flow EMG"  Also what does EMG electromyelogram?  ...

Bard Mesh With Riva Stoppa Fashion?
Jun 06, 2013

This is a ventral incisional hernia repair and it sounds like the doctor is saying Bard mesh with riva stoppa fashion?  Help! ...

Cystoscopy Question...Position Of The S/l *chorme" Of The Kidney
Apr 29, 2010

and distal  s/l *chrome* of the bladder is working.    Also in same procedure....Patient will require a  s/l "neph" ureterectomy.  ...

Maybe If The The Dang Jobs Would Load In A Timely Fashion Line Counts Would Better.
Jun 13, 2015

Nm ...

Meridian HCS
Mar 30, 2012

Anyone have any info on this company?  Anyone currently working for them? ...

Meridian/KS
Apr 24, 2012

I have been offered 2 positions, any thoughts where to go? Thanks for any input. ...

Anything About Meridian?
May 21, 2012

Anyone know anything about Meridian?  Pay?  Benefits?  Do you like it or not?  VR?  Or Straight Typing?  Anything would help me out! ...

Meridian HCS - NJA
Jun 21, 2012

Is anyone else working for Meridian having problems getting work?  Its a great company to work for, but I can't keep waiting for the work to come.  Did they hire too many MTs?  Just curious to know how other MTs are doing with Meridian. ...

To Meridian MTs
Dec 29, 2012

http://youtu.be/o1tj2zJ2Wvg   It gets worse here every day!   ...

Being Ex-Meridian
Apr 08, 2013

Wonder how many ex-Meridianites got the layoff?  sitting here NJA again...on 3 accounts.  I am so frustrated.  Went into this with an open mind but the only side that keeps getting more evidence is the side that says get the heck out of Dodge (if I don't get kicked out by a layoff first).  actively looking for another job.  It's sad what is happening to seasoned MTs who it seems like they are getting the boot because they are productive.  Me-15 years and&n ...

MERIDIAN MTs
Oct 09, 2013

Just curious about what's happening with the other MTs from Meridian and if any are still with MModal.  I left end of June - Best decision I ever made.  Currently working for a local MD M-F, salary.  My whole outlook on life changed once I made the change in employment.  There is hope out there. ...

Any Info On Meridian?
Aug 28, 2010

Do you know if they have steady work and if it is feasible to get your line count? ...

Meridian Healthcare
Jan 26, 2011

Anyone work for Meridian who can tell me if their tax forms were received yet?  ...

Meridian/Indianapolis
Sep 29, 2011

Can anyone give me any information on Meridian, good or bad? Also interested in whether they provide your computer or if you need to use your own. May e-mail me if you wish. ...

Meridian Questions
Jan 31, 2012

Can anyone give me information on working at Meridian? Good company, bad? Schedules? Do they offer part time positions? Pay rate? Thanks in advance for any info. ...

Meridian Platform
Mar 06, 2012

can anyone comment on how easy chartnet is to learn and use? can one earn decent money? any pros and cons to share? thanks in advance. ...