A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient is having orbital floor reconstruction. Doc says he has - sm

Posted: Apr 27, 2010

an s/l "ab-thal-mus" of the left orbit.

Maybe ophthalmus but (sm) - MyT_WannyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you sure you are not hearing another portion of the word at the end? This is usually a preix (ophthalmo-).

enophthalmos -sm - Does it sound like this?

[ In Reply To ..]
Recession of the eyeball back into the orbit may be congenital or as a result of injury.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Heard Of S/L "annian" Orbital Floor Implant? Nm
Nov 11, 2009

x ...

Morbidly Obese Patient With Skin Notable For S/l Orbital Vantylasma...??
Jan 07, 2013

x ...

Patient Admitted To S/l General Mack Floor.
Oct 23, 2009

I think it means medicine but it really really really doesn't sound like he is saying that. ...

My Jaw Just Hit The Floor
Oct 21, 2013

I was feeling rather unmotivated today, so I thought I'd job search a bit. I found this, and am so back in the game, lol.  Yes, please, I'd like to be elibile for a bonus!!   http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERS&cws=39&rid=1650&source=Indeed.com ...

S/l Resemble Floor
Apr 07, 2011

The patient was noted to have a very wide inguinal ring which essentially created no [s/l resemble floor].  The entire hernia sac was freed from the surrounding cord structures and then reduced back into the abdomen. I am at a total loss as to what this word could be. Any suggestions? ...

Finger To Floor Distance?
Sep 24, 2010

can finger to floor distance be 0 cm?...doesnt that mean the pt can touch the floor...? ...

ACL Reconstruction
Oct 07, 2013

An ACL reconstruction using hamstring auto graft.  "We passed the U-shaped guide and then drilled in the two guide sheaths for the cross pin fixation system in the femur.  We then used the *Peav, Peak, Pev?* pin and passed up the tendon in standard fashion, secured it very nice 3 cm into the femur, and placed our cross pins.  " ...

Breast Reconstruction
Mar 19, 2012

Two blanks on an op recreating nipples.  A small stab incision was made in the umbilicus and approximately 250 cc of tumescent fluid was "s/l interpolated" into the tissues of the abdomen.  Attention was then directed to the abdominal wall where fat was harvested using the "Adbive" (he spells this but cannot document) system sterilely to withdraw approximately 250 cc of fat.   ...

All Companies Need To Be Investigated By The Senate Floor...VR Needs Investigating
Jul 06, 2014

So tired of hearing "VR is here to stay, and get used to it, and this is the going rate."   A plain chest x-ray cost is now over $800, and they send it off site to be read.  A sleep study is over $5000. There are multiple hidden ways of price gouging, yet this profession is being used for others to profit.  Who is regulating all of this as you have absolutely no recourse even as a patient.  VR has eliminated MTs, yet the radiologists be ...

Surgical Bra Breast Reconstruction
Apr 25, 2013

I hear Jobs surgcal bra and cannot reference.  Is it Job or Jobs? ...

Surgical Distractor For Maxillofacial Reconstruction
Jun 29, 2011

Right now doing a monobloc osteotomy on a pt with Apert's syndrome.  The doc refers to KLS-Martin (kalmodo) distractors.  The word in parentheses is used several times in the report.  If anyone knows what that word might be, I'm in the middle of the report right now but will be sending soon.  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks! ...

Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
Jan 04, 2012

Some type of posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, but dictatin is extremely muffled. With regard to the *_______ (7:51) (s/l Aceon Gunlanger treatment) of the injuries, the patient has accepted these symptoms consistent with posterior cruciate instability. Also talking about thermal shrinkage procedure in number prior.   Thank you for any help. My software in not reinstalled yet, and I cannot locate it in books or Internet. ...

Word Help-Surgical Reconstruction Of Upper Eyelid
May 25, 2010

Doc dictates that the total skin advancement was 4 mm x 3 mm for a Tenzel type/  (sounds like) Mestarti-type flap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Emply Truro Knee Reconstruction Procedures
Mar 02, 2011

Hi everyone, I am typing an ortho note and in the subject my doc says: "she has a remote history of emply trurow patellofemoral reconstruction procedures done".   These were performed in the 1988 and 1990.  Has anyone every heard of this?  Can anyone help please.  Thanx.  ...

ACL Reconstruction - No Evidence Of A Talar S/l Bilm Injury
Sep 10, 2011

There is no evidence of a talar s/l bilm injury. ...

Surgery, Ligament Reconstruction With S/l Crisillous Allograft
Feb 25, 2013

X ...

Osteotomy Of The Metatarsal And Soft Tissue Reconstruction With An ___(s/l Add-a-tor) Release Of The
Mar 18, 2015

Surgery would involve an osteotomy of the metatarsal and soft tissue reconstruction with an ___(s/l add-a-tor) release of the great toe   TIA ...

Surgical S/l "floor Time" In Operative Report
Nov 11, 2011

Is this a commonly used term?  I have not done very many operative reports, and none for this particular doctor.  It sound like she says "Floor time 9.25 minutes."  I guess this means the time in surgery, but I have not heard this before.  ...

"Floor 2" Disorder? Psychiatry...help, Please. TIA!
May 31, 2011

General checkup with pt complaining his meds were lost through an airline. Pt has a history of receiving pyschiatric therapy. "ASSESSMENT: 1. Sinus congestion. 2. "A Floor 2 disorder." 3. Narcotic abuse.   I really can't tell what she's saying...sounds like "A floor 2" or "left lower tube" disorder. Can anyone help??? I feel like this is one of those easy things that I'm just missing and not thinking of. Thank you! ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Patient Name
Jun 03, 2010

If the client profile makes no mention of patient name (yes or no) being left in the report, account does not specify verbatim, is the ADHI/JCAHO directive to type the patient's name or replace with "the patient?"  Just checkin'.  Am paranoid about everything with the audits these days.  ...

Doc Says About Patient-
Sep 01, 2010

Man, I wish he was my doctor.  He seems to really care for his patients. ...

Patient Age
Jul 31, 2012

what is correct format when transcribing pt name:  16 1/2 years, 16.5 years, or sixteen and one-half years?  Thanks. ...

Patient Is A What?
Aug 05, 2012

I swear to all that is holy, this is what this less-than-stellar PA just dictated:   "The patient IS a high-risk gestational trophoblastic disease..."  I went back and listened thinking I must have heard wrong and she said patient HAS ... Nope.  She said IS.  This is the same PA who dictated a creatinine of 92 for someone.   That sound you hear is me hitting my head on the desk. ...