A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Surgical s/l "floor time" in operative report - American Honey

Posted: Nov 11, 2011

Is this a commonly used term?  I have not done very many operative reports, and none for this particular doctor.  It sound like she says "Floor time 9.25 minutes."  I guess this means the time in surgery, but I have not heard this before. 

yes, you are on the right track - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

fluoro time - gcs

[ In Reply To ..]
fluoro time (fluoroscopy)

That is a large amount of fluoro time, I would listen carefully, nm - JS

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, that probably is fluoro time at 9.25 I read it wrong - JS
[ In Reply To ..]

Floor time - Naomi

[ In Reply To ..]
It's probably fluoro time or fluoroscopy time.

Similar Messages:

Surgical / Operative Position
Jun 15, 2010

The patient was placed in a Maltern-dalenberg position.  (The procedure being performed is a total abdominal hysterectomy.    It sounds like Maltern-dalenberg.  This was also dictated in an ear lobe mass excision.  Any idea what the right word would be?  Thanks! ...

Operative Report-revised Septorhinoplasty
Apr 14, 2010

Operative report, secondary procedure is revised septorhinoplasty.  The preoperative diagnosis is "Palaferal calasis nasal deformity" is what it sounds like, but I have looked in my book and searched the web-cannot find anything that matches...can anyone help me please!! ...

Operative Report Anthology Stem
Aug 17, 2011

Anthology stem, high offset with a plus 8 occinium head Do you captilize Anthology and Occinium? in all caps like online? ...

Type Of Sheath- Operative Report
Nov 21, 2012

7-French "dilock" sheath ...

Operative Report Skin Grafts From Burn
Feb 07, 2011

Transcribing Operative Report (Burns, skin grafts from thigh) The tourniquet was tested and was found to be working and was placed up at 300 mL of mercury prior to excising__________(sonds like - uraft)and taking the donor skin.   Just can't figure it out....Thanks! I think I have the 300 mL of mercury right..... ...

All Kinds Of Help With An Operative Report With A Surgeon With Heavy Accent: Primary Procedure: Rong
Oct 26, 2010

I am having a really hard time under the Findings and Procedures with an Operative Report. The Primary Procedure is: Rongeur of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer Omentum Patch. The Secondary Procedure is: Standard Gastrostomy and Witzel Jejunostomy. Can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance! ...

Surgical Report Help
Dec 02, 2010

I am typing a surgical report. The doctor is saying something like " (Blank) local with digital block". Does he mean "10 minute local with digital block"? I can't for the life of me hear what he is saying nor can I find it online.   Any help would be great.   thanks ...

Total Hip/surgical Report
Nov 14, 2012

Could use some help here.  The blank clearly sounds like "mail" or "male" but a previous report done by the same doc, same context, an MT has put the word "Mayo."  I don't think that works here but I don't know what this term might mean. Anybody have any insight?  Here is the sentence: At this point, we took the bed out of Trendelenburg, placed both legs on the ______________ , leaving the foot dropped, and closed our wound in layers. This is at the end of a hip replac ...

What Do You Guys Think Is An Appropriate Amount Of Time For Research For A Report?
Oct 14, 2009

For say a syndrome, a drug, a doctor's name/address, facility name/address, etc.?  If I think I can hear the dictation correctly I do spend an extended amount of time because I KNOW I can find it.  However, if it is ify as to what I am hearing or the spellings could be a dozen different things, I ususally send to QA because if I am not sure - it's probably going to end up to QA anyway.  I NEVER look up a doctor's name if the first name is not dictate ...

My Jaw Just Hit The Floor
Oct 21, 2013

I was feeling rather unmotivated today, so I thought I'd job search a bit. I found this, and am so back in the game, lol.  Yes, please, I'd like to be elibile for a bonus!!   http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERS&cws=39&rid=1650&source=Indeed.com ...

S/l Resemble Floor
Apr 07, 2011

The patient was noted to have a very wide inguinal ring which essentially created no [s/l resemble floor].  The entire hernia sac was freed from the surrounding cord structures and then reduced back into the abdomen. I am at a total loss as to what this word could be. Any suggestions? ...

Finger To Floor Distance?
Sep 24, 2010

can finger to floor distance be 0 cm?...doesnt that mean the pt can touch the floor...? ...

Patient Is Having Orbital Floor Reconstruction. Doc Says He Has
Apr 27, 2010

an s/l "ab-thal-mus" of the left orbit. ...

Patient Admitted To S/l General Mack Floor.
Oct 23, 2009

I think it means medicine but it really really really doesn't sound like he is saying that. ...

All Companies Need To Be Investigated By The Senate Floor...VR Needs Investigating
Jul 06, 2014

So tired of hearing "VR is here to stay, and get used to it, and this is the going rate."   A plain chest x-ray cost is now over $800, and they send it off site to be read.  A sleep study is over $5000. There are multiple hidden ways of price gouging, yet this profession is being used for others to profit.  Who is regulating all of this as you have absolutely no recourse even as a patient.  VR has eliminated MTs, yet the radiologists be ...

Operative Word
May 10, 2011

The sentinel node was identified and excised.  It had an (s/l ex-vevo) count of 2800. Thanks in advance. ...

Need Help With An Operative Word!
Sep 07, 2011

This is in reference to a gastric bypass, ......Roux and Egrec were performed.  THANKS! ...

Operative Reports/ESL
Nov 28, 2011

Is it possible to find a job with one of these national companies with not a lot of operative report experience or ESL experience?   Those seem to be the two things they are most interested in.  I have been an MT for27 years.  I have tons of experience in a lot of different specialties, just not much in the way of op reports or ESL.  I worked for Transcend for five months (very difficult account) and found it almost impossible to learn the op reports, main ...

Coronary Bypass Operative
Dec 31, 2010

A reverse saphenous vein graft was then constructed to the third obtuse marginal, brought to the circumflex using running 7-0 Prolene for old distal anastomosis and probing old distal anastomosis prior to completion of _______ (s/l    d-cert they were paytent??).  Cold blood cardioplegia was given through each vein graft with the completion of the distal anastomoses. I have hilighted the areas that I need help with.  Any suggestions?? ...

Operative Note Mess
Jul 07, 2011

The distal end of the bile duct was oversewn with running, locking 3-0 PDS, and the end-to-side choledochojejunostomy was done to the loop of jejunum with a running 4-0 PDS suture. We placed Evicel around this **s/l "so a ligamentum teres off the shassum posterior** and anchored. Omental pedicle flap was then fashioned **s/l and anterior to anteriorly** to protect the anastomosis. Thanks in advance. ...

Do Tier 2 MTs Do Operative Reports?
Aug 09, 2012

x ...

Ortho Operative Note Help Please, He Is Cutting It Off .... Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Some *Daptik* was applied to the wound and the patient was placed in a soft cast.    I know this but he is cutting himself off and my mind has gone BLANK!!!   TIA ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Operative Procedure - Right Hemicolectomy With Intraoperative Biopsy Of Sm
Apr 15, 2010

peritoneal s/l "seeding"? ...

Has Anyone Heard Of S/L "annian" Orbital Floor Implant? Nm
Nov 11, 2009

x ...

"Floor 2" Disorder? Psychiatry...help, Please. TIA!
May 31, 2011

General checkup with pt complaining his meds were lost through an airline. Pt has a history of receiving pyschiatric therapy. "ASSESSMENT: 1. Sinus congestion. 2. "A Floor 2 disorder." 3. Narcotic abuse.   I really can't tell what she's saying...sounds like "A floor 2" or "left lower tube" disorder. Can anyone help??? I feel like this is one of those easy things that I'm just missing and not thinking of. Thank you! ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Surgical Bur
May 27, 2011

Orthopedic using diamond and s/l amnastic or amnestic bur...? ...

Surgical Hx - DCR X 3
Sep 18, 2011

Surgical hx includes DCR x3.  Nothing else in file helps with this. ...