A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word help-Surgical reconstruction of upper eyelid - mtmom

Posted: May 25, 2010

Doc dictates that the total skin advancement was 4 mm x 3 mm for a Tenzel type/  (sounds like) Mestarti-type flap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stedman's Surgery Words - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
under flaps: Mustarde rotational cheek flap

Thanks... - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much...

Mustarde type...nm - Lilly

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Similar Messages:

Surgical Bra Breast Reconstruction
Apr 25, 2013

I hear Jobs surgcal bra and cannot reference.  Is it Job or Jobs? ...

Surgical Distractor For Maxillofacial Reconstruction
Jun 29, 2011

Right now doing a monobloc osteotomy on a pt with Apert's syndrome.  The doc refers to KLS-Martin (kalmodo) distractors.  The word in parentheses is used several times in the report.  If anyone knows what that word might be, I'm in the middle of the report right now but will be sending soon.  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks! ...

Upper Endoscopy - Surgical Lumen?
Mar 16, 2011

We also proceeded with an upper endoscopy as well.  Upper endoscopy showed that her gastric remnant only had mild nonspecific erythema.  I explored the surgical (lumen) and found that this was completely normal. FYI- The pt also has a history of gastric resection and a known surgical anastomosis, but the word in question is not anastomosis. It s/l lumen or limb or lamen. Any ideas? Thanks.  ...

Upper Endoscopy Word S/l Billa
Nov 17, 2010

Stomach _________ was remarkable only for some minimal suggestion of antral gastritis with hyperemia and focal hypervascularity. He speaks perfectly clear English, so it's not the b/v switcheroo.  I've had no luck in word books, anatomy books, or Google. ...

Need Surgical Word Help
Aug 09, 2010

I am working on a report in Head and Neck Surgery. It sounds like the doctor dictates "Bilateral poloethmoidectomy" as a procedure. I am not able to locate any such spelling. Need help. Thank you in advance. ...

Surgical Word Help
Nov 12, 2010

I am listening to a surgical report for an appendectomy. It sounds like the doctor dictates that the appendix is supplelative in nature but not perforated. Is the word suppleative or what could it be? I am not able to find such a word description. ...

Surgical Anatomy Word
Apr 29, 2010

Bowel resection,  doc states " A 3-0 silk S/L "pop" was then used to create stay sutures at the S/L "tinu or tinea" border of the transverse colon as well as the antimesenteric border." Thanks in advance, I'm sure this is a simple word but I just can't think about what it is ...

Someone With Tessier's Surgical Word Book --
Jan 22, 2010

Can you look up mild chromic suture or myochromic suture.  I believe it is mild chromic, but QA is telling me it is myochromic. Thanks for your help! ...

Sounds Like Eyelid Intruving
Jun 14, 2011

Patient had some s/l "intruving" of her eyelid with disconjugate movement.  It's definitely not "drooping."  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Biopsy Of Basal Cell Carcioma On Eyelid.
Feb 28, 2012

Excisional biopsy of right lower lid basal cell carcinoma.  A marking pen was used to outline the "pearline" nodule.  (does this mean pearl-like - ??) Thank you! ...

ACL Reconstruction
Oct 07, 2013

An ACL reconstruction using hamstring auto graft.  "We passed the U-shaped guide and then drilled in the two guide sheaths for the cross pin fixation system in the femur.  We then used the *Peav, Peak, Pev?* pin and passed up the tendon in standard fashion, secured it very nice 3 cm into the femur, and placed our cross pins.  " ...

Breast Reconstruction
Mar 19, 2012

Two blanks on an op recreating nipples.  A small stab incision was made in the umbilicus and approximately 250 cc of tumescent fluid was "s/l interpolated" into the tissues of the abdomen.  Attention was then directed to the abdominal wall where fat was harvested using the "Adbive" (he spells this but cannot document) system sterilely to withdraw approximately 250 cc of fat.   ...

Patient Is Having Orbital Floor Reconstruction. Doc Says He Has
Apr 27, 2010

an s/l "ab-thal-mus" of the left orbit. ...

Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
Jan 04, 2012

Some type of posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, but dictatin is extremely muffled. With regard to the *_______ (7:51) (s/l Aceon Gunlanger treatment) of the injuries, the patient has accepted these symptoms consistent with posterior cruciate instability. Also talking about thermal shrinkage procedure in number prior.   Thank you for any help. My software in not reinstalled yet, and I cannot locate it in books or Internet. ...

Emply Truro Knee Reconstruction Procedures
Mar 02, 2011

Hi everyone, I am typing an ortho note and in the subject my doc says: "she has a remote history of emply trurow patellofemoral reconstruction procedures done".   These were performed in the 1988 and 1990.  Has anyone every heard of this?  Can anyone help please.  Thanx.  ...

ACL Reconstruction - No Evidence Of A Talar S/l Bilm Injury
Sep 10, 2011

There is no evidence of a talar s/l bilm injury. ...

Surgery, Ligament Reconstruction With S/l Crisillous Allograft
Feb 25, 2013

X ...

Osteotomy Of The Metatarsal And Soft Tissue Reconstruction With An ___(s/l Add-a-tor) Release Of The
Mar 18, 2015

Surgery would involve an osteotomy of the metatarsal and soft tissue reconstruction with an ___(s/l add-a-tor) release of the great toe   TIA ...

Left Eyelid Is Status Post "tear Os Fogy".
Jun 10, 2013

? ...

S/L "kungraculum"? Lower Eyelid Lesion
Sep 07, 2011

Pathologist is dictating a micro on a lower lid lesion and says "A s/l kungraculum is considered but the histologic features are not classic for this process.  ...

Upper GI Or Upper GI
Feb 23, 2010

On "upper GI"  -  do you capitalize "upper" or not? Thanks. ...

Upper Arm Question
Sep 23, 2010

Doc dictates re: pt with left upper swelling.  It s/l he is saying "left arc bursitis/fluid admission in the left arc bursa". (I'm sure it's not admission). ??   ...

Upper Management
Mar 28, 2013

Nuance has just had a MAJOR announcement!  They are making changes to upper management AGAIN.  It is no wonder we get paid crap.  Look at their structure and they have WAY too many people in this establishment and all making way more than we do and we are the ones that do the work.  Heck, they probably do not even know how to do transcription I bet.  Greed, greed, greed.  And I could care less about it.  Give me the pay I am worth.  They want better qualit ...

Question For The Upper Echelons
Jun 30, 2010

I know we've got some management that read the board and occasionally respond, and I just wondered if one could answer a question for me.  Having been in the healthcare field for about 40 years, I understand that it is a 365/24/7 industry.  But I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of everyone working either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday.      Why can you not have rotating weekends?  Then an MT could have entire weekends ...

Red Box With Number In It, Upper Right Corner
Feb 03, 2014

What is it?  I noticed from time to time I'll get a report with that red box with a #1 in it and wonder what it's supposed to mean. ...

Right Shoulder/Upper Arm Ache
Jun 24, 2014

I've heard about getting carpal tunnel syndrome if you type a lot, but I've not experienced anything at all like that, at least no so far. However, recently I've started feeling some shoulder and upper arm area ache, not really pain, but just some localized yet diffuse ache in the upper part of my right upper extremity. (I'm starting to talk like a physician.) Anybody else experience this before? I should get back into yoga. ...

Letter To Upper Management At Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

I don't understand why you continue to "wing it" with a company the size of Imedx.  Regarding the recent unveiling of the time clock system in Exponent HR, you jumped the gun without thinking through much of anything.  Why not wait until your ducks are in a row before implementing a new system.  The training meetings were great, but there were/are so many unaswered very basic, practical questions that are unanswered.  It is like you guys set a date for something to go li ...

Upper Conductor Magnus Trigger Point?
Feb 17, 2010

Has anyeone heard of this in relation to a trigger point in the thigh?  ...

Dramatic S/l Hallacis Of The Upper Lids Bilaterally Nm
Mar 02, 2010

On slit-lamp examination of the lids and lashes, there is prominent dramatic hallacis of the upper lids bilaterally. ...

2 Finger Upper Extremity Support? Ortho
Jul 21, 2012

Patient did use 2 finger upper extremity support but showed good control. This indicates normal eccentric strength for descending stairs. This is for knee pain. Has anyone heard of this before? ...