A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Please help with skin exam for physician with extremely thick accent ... - anon

Posted: Jan 10, 2011

The patient has a history of having skin cancers removed.  Physician dictates ... "Skin, multiple s/l something that ends with natosis and premalignant lesions, as well as scars from multiple surgeries from the skin cancers."

TIA

please help with skin exam - OLDmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be fibromatosis or neurofibromatosis?

Thanks so much for responding, I tried my best to get one or the (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
other to work but just could not hear it. He has an extremely thick Spanish accent, has that roll of the tongue and tends to run things together so it could probably be anything.

Again, thank you so much for trying to help, it is greatly appreciated!

actinic keratosis/keratoses, maybe - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Extremely Fast Talking With An Accent.
Feb 07, 2011

I have been transcribing for 11 years and everytime I get a fasting talking dictator with an accent, it slows me down so much that it affects my production.  I have slowed down the speed and added several expanders but that does not seem to help. Are there any tips or suggestions anyone has that can help? Thanks, Mel ...

Skin Exam Shows S/l So Lar El /an Tij En Ees
May 24, 2010

Skin exam shows s/l so lar el/ an tij en ees ( 2 words, I believe) and pigmented nevi.  ...

Skin - Physical Exam
Aug 30, 2010

In the derm part of this physical exam, the patient has "s/l mediastatious changes in the lower legs."  This condition is not referred to anywhere else in the dictation.  The patient has diabetes, OA, fibromyalgia, and she is obese.   ...

Need Help With Word In Skin Exam ... Psm
Dec 28, 2011

Sentence:  At the base of the neck there is s/l bazillious or vazillious hyperpigmented skin.  I feel like I've heard this years ago but can't put my finger on the word or how to spell it.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Newborn Skin Exam S/l Erythemataxicom
Jun 25, 2010

On the skin exam for this newborn:  "Mild jaundice on face.  S/l erythemataxicom on face and chest."  I'm thinking this is probably "erythematous something" but I have no idea what the "something" could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Nitis? - Part Of The Skin Exam
Oct 15, 2010

Sounds like it should be simple, but I've never heard it and can't find it.  In the physical exam he says - Cellulitis of the lower extremities.  No obvious _____ (s/l nitis).   Has anyone ever heard of this, and if so, what is it.  I'm not finding it in any searches. ...

Referring Physician Vs Requesting Physician
Apr 30, 2013

What is the difference between referring physician and requesting physician? ...

Perirectal Tissues Requiring CT S/l (thick Headed Drainage)
Aug 29, 2010

Perirectal tissues requiring CT s/l (thick headed drainage) ...

So Sick Of Docs With 12-inch Thick Tongues! They Should Have To Use Front-end SR! NM
Jun 17, 2015

Accent Help, Please...
Jul 01, 2011

I'm having trouble understanding this dr. with an Asian accent on this part.  She's dictating that the "Patient was admitted to s/l tree telemetry..."  Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Podiatry Help - Bad Accent
Feb 20, 2011

Dr. is mumbling something horrible with a heavy South African accent. The patient is status post a corrective triple arthrodesis with bone graft for posttraumatic arthritis for a "s/l fill-ank-u-los" fracture. Thanks for looking!   I appreciate the help! ME ...

Bah!! Give Me An ESL With An Accent ANY DAY Over
Aug 12, 2012

Trouble With A Japanese Accent.
Dec 30, 2010

I am transcribing for a Japanese doctor and there are a few words I for the life of me cannot understand. #1: 1.  Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome related complex with moderately severe neuropathy.   2.  Pancytopenia secondary to #1.   3.  Status-post left hemispheric CVA with _____ mild right hemiparesis. Sounds like dee-sald-in and I figured the "in" is "and". I tried to think of words that meant "not as much" since mild was also used in the sentence ...

Help Please With Heavy Accent On Physical ...
Feb 21, 2011

NM ...

MRI Of Brain Tumor With Indian Accent
May 15, 2011

Any help is appreciated.  I'm stuck on 2 words. 1. Sagittal T1-weighted images were followed by axial proton density and T2-weighted images.  Subsequently, formal T1-weighted images were followed by postgadolinium. 2. On the nongadolinium enhanced T2-weighted images, increase signal is identified within the left sphenoid sinus.  This is probably related to a transphenodial pituitary; this concession in this patient. I know these aren't the correct words but they sound ...

Getting Extremely Frustrated
Aug 30, 2010

I have been out of school since July 15 and applied to over 30 companies.  I applied for this job at a company and haven't heard back yet.  I am optimistic that  I may get this job, but it is taking forever to hear back.  Passed their first test, took the second one, now I am waiting to hear back if I got hired or not. In the meantime though, how do I find other companies online?  I have looked everywhere and felt like I have already applied to every company online ...

WMX Extremely No Work
Oct 26, 2010

Today I have had literally half an hour's work all morning.  I was determined to get 8 hours today, but not likely at this rate.  Anyone else having this problem? and worried that it has something to do with the big announcement yesterday? ...

DQM Extremely Slow
Oct 01, 2012

or whatever the term is this week? I have been trying to log in for 20 minutes and no go. TIA ...

Hip Arthroplasty S/l Accent On The Right And Retained Hardware On The Left
Jan 05, 2011

Total hip arthroplasty infection with enterococcus with single-stage s/l accent on the right and retained hardware on the left. ...

Extremely Poor Treatment
Dec 11, 2012

I work for 96 physicians who (rightfylly so) expect the best and fastest quality transciption. However, when seen as a patient, I get the most horrid treatment (and fradulent) treatment possible (most most by clients.) I not only receive "steroid" injections that obviously have no steroids (only receive a few hours of pain relief) to dental care with crowns falling off after 2 weeks (I have had temporary crowns on as long as 3-4 years). These temporary crowns are put in and appointments reschedu ...

Medscribe Test Extremely Difficult?
Nov 26, 2010

Is it just me or is the medscribe test extremely difficult? ...

Synnernet EXTREMELY ABUSIVE To Employees
Apr 08, 2013

Synnernet is HORRIDLY abusive to its employees/"staff".   ...  Continuously changing hours, pay, requirements, cherry picking the best jobs by some staff, rude from the top...  Someone needs to grow some hair on their chest and SUE SUE SUE   ...

Headphones Have An Extremely Cord That Keeps Getting Kinked
Jan 09, 2014

My headphones have an extremely cord that keeps getting kinked.  Does anyone else have this problem and what did you do to keep it from kinking? ...

Anyone Notice How EXTREMELY Quiet It Is In The North (RW/JR)
Sep 24, 2014

more than usual ...

I Just Downloaded Instant Text - Seems Extremely Complicated -
Aug 24, 2010

I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years, all of which has been on Dictaphone EXText and now EXEditor.  Why does my ESP in Dictaphone keep interfering? If I use an expansion and hit spacebar the ESP windows comes up, which makes no sense because ESP uses ctrl-ctrl to open?  And how on earth do you learn it all?  How will it benefit me after using thousands of ESPs daily.    Help!   ...

Express Scribe Voice Speeds Up Extremely Fast
Oct 15, 2009

I got my standard USB footpedal to work with Express Scribe, but once I lift my foot off the pedal, the voice speeds up extremely fast.  Anyone know how to fix this?  TIA! ...

All Kinds Of Help With An Operative Report With A Surgeon With Heavy Accent: Primary Procedure: Rong
Oct 26, 2010

I am having a really hard time under the Findings and Procedures with an Operative Report. The Primary Procedure is: Rongeur of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer Omentum Patch. The Secondary Procedure is: Standard Gastrostomy and Witzel Jejunostomy. Can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance! ...

Bucket Handle Tear:"The Case Was Extremely Difficult Because Of Extreme S/l Laxi To This Joint
Jul 18, 2010

n/m ...

Physician Look-ups
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone have any good websites for looking up physician names?  Started a new job and I am all over the country on some of these physicians.  Sometimes i have a full name, other times just a last name and no clue as to what the speciality is.  Thanks in advance for your help.  ...

Physician Thank You
Dec 08, 2014

So, I'm editing this report and it comes to the end and the physician states, "Transcriptionist, thank you so very, very much.  I appreciate you and your work."  Totally made my day!  Since this physican doesn't know it was me doing the report, I wanted to pass it on so hopefully it'll make someone else's day too.  Please no negative comments.  I have enough negative (as we all do).  Let me just enjoy the thank-you, and even more the appreciatio ...