A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Skin ulcers, wound VAC or is it V.A.C? - Elderberry

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

Vacuum-assisted closure.  I can't find abbreviation in references, and online it's both ways.  Wondering if anyone knows for sure if officially there are periods in it or not (when client preference not stated).

V.A.C. - According to

[ In Reply To ..]
According to the Stedman's Medical and Surgical Equipment Word book it is V.A.C. Vacuum Assisted Closure

Vacuum-assisted closure VAC - Liz

[ In Reply To ..]
VAC according to my Stedman's Medical and Surgical Word book, Stedman's Cardiovascular and Pulmonary book, my Stedman's Surgery Words, etc. etc. What gives? I use this term often for a wound care account.

it may be... - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
...that one edition refers to a descriptive term (vacuum-assisted closure/VAC) and another to the brand name of the product frequently used for such (V.A.C.®). See link.
http://www.kci1.com/KCI1/vactherapy

Similar Messages:

Decubitus Ulcers
Dec 16, 2009

Pt has numerous ulcers. Dr. keeps saying "decubiti." Steadmans says plural is decubitus, not decubiti.  But online says plural is decubiti.  Which is it? ...

Wound Track Or Wound Tract
May 19, 2010

Sorry, think this may have posted on the main board.  Gunshot wound or incised wound.  Wound track or wound tract? ...

SLE, No (s/l Pallor) Or Mouth Ulcers
Jun 11, 2013

"She has had no new symptoms, no rash, no photosensitivity, no alopecia, and no (s/l pallor or pallid?) or mouth ulcers, and she has resolved arthralgias." Patient has systemic lupus erythematosus. I see reference to malar rashes but not "pallor." Is that correct? Word definitely starts with a "P". Dr has Indian accent. I see that thrush can be common. ...

S/l Aspice Ulcers? He Takes Maalox/Benadryl Mouthwash For Them?
Dec 03, 2009

? ...

Antibiotic To Decrease The *colony Counter* Ulcers In Her Foot ...sm
Apr 26, 2011

I would add an antibiotic to decrease the *colony counter* ulcers in her foot and try to speed up the healing with doxycycline. ...

Skin:
Aug 13, 2011

Under physical examination Skin:  Flushed, moist, s/l attached, clear, no rashes??? help please with the underlined.   also, under Neurology: Patient is l somewhat lethargic, but arousable and seems to be oriented most or s/l work? Please help with underlined. ...

Skin
Jun 19, 2014

Hear "Skin pink, warm and dry," often. Would this be correct in a black patient? ...

Is It Wound Vac, Wound Vac, Wound VAC, Or Wound V.A.C.?
Oct 24, 2011

Is it wound vac, wound Vac, wound VAC, or wound V.A.C.? I have seen it all four ways. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Wound V.A.C. Or Wound VAC
Jul 05, 2013

I have typed it like this for years and years (Wound V.A.C.) and while reviewing my "editor reviews" from a new account yesterday noted that Wound V.A.C. had been changed to wound VAC througout the report.  I have sent an e-mail requesting clarification from them but wanted to take a poll here also.  Thank you!      ...

Wound VAC Or V.A.C.
Sep 26, 2014

I had been typing this as wound V.A.C. and then was instructed that "per BOS" to take all punctuation out of acronyms. Now QA has instructed me to type this V.A.C. since this is the registered trademark name....I wish QA would make up their minds before I lose mind. TIA! :-) ...

S/l Skin Turgerus?
Oct 31, 2009

x ...

Skin Problem - S/l Del I Ga
Apr 15, 2010

No skin problems other than the apparent s/l del I ga that she does have.  ...

Ellispe Of Skin?
Apr 18, 2010

The specimen consists of an [ellipse of skin?] with a stoma of bowel in the center. Is this right? Does it make sense? ...

Another Skin Question...
Aug 30, 2010

In the physical exam under derm, the patient has s/l "malaz" on the face.  Her only listed diagnosis is fibromyalgia and the rest of her physical exam is normal except she has a dry mouth and erythema around the nail beds.   ...

Skin Embola?
Mar 25, 2012

Dr. dictates:  "Breast exam shows right breast with a slightly mobile, but obvious, mass below the nipple area with retraction of the nipple inward, and appears to have S/L skin embola but no evidence of ulceration at present."  Please help!  ...

Skin Tag Grasper?
Jul 22, 2012

Does anyone know what this might be? It s/l ab-sins. Thanks in advance. "Attention was then turned to the left axilla which was prepped with Betadine. Each of the skin tags was grasped with an ___, excised using an 11 blade, and then the base was cauterized for hemostasis." ...

Skin Retractor?
Sep 07, 2012

Anyone know this type of skin retractor for excising a lipoma from chest wall?  It s/l sins or possibly a-sins. Thank you! The skin was retracted using ___ and then later with army-navy, and the lipoma was dissected free from the surrounding structures using blunt dissection and cautery.   ...

Skin Cancer Help, Please?
Apr 12, 2013

I need help, please, with a word?  Here it goes: The anterior segment is remarkable for papilloma of the right lower lid as well as a lesion just temporal to the right eye that appears to be an old skin cancer lesion or a (sounds like "mevel.")  Thank you so much! ...

Skin Lesions
Feb 09, 2014

Patient scraped her knuckles on a cheese grater.  Doctor dictates, "They have melayer ? and scab, but they do not really appear infected." ...

CT And Wound Culture
Dec 20, 2009

We did a CT scan of her abdomen which was showing status post partial colectomy with ileostomy in the right lower abdomen; postoperative changes within the anterior abdominal wall including a small amount of fluid with the area s/l descended upon the lateral aspect of the renal alba, postoperative versus early infection; and a periumbilical ventral hernia which is small.  During the course of her stay here, she had a wound culture which was showing s/l tugulous Escherichia coli. ...

Drainage From A Leg Wound
Dec 30, 2009

Sounds like the doctor says P. Acmuesachia, NES????  Does anyone know a good web site to find out things like culture and sensitivity?  Thanks :) ...

Wound Checks - Thanks For Your Help!
Feb 11, 2010

it was a smashed toe and nail plate had to be repositioned - Dad has been doing daily dressing changes at home, which includes s/l "pass rinth", hydrogen s/l "brooks" peroxide soaks.   thanks. ...

Wound Treatment
Apr 26, 2010

Nonhealing ulcer of the left foot.  The patient will still be nonweightbearing to the foot.  In the front of the part, I advised the patient to use s/l alcosolatee. ...

Wound Help? 2 Questions
May 26, 2010

When designating pressure ulcer stage, would you capitalize the S in Stage?:  His Stage III pressure ulcer.  and for a Spandage, is it:   No.8 Spandage  or     No. 8 Spandage     or even      #8 Spandage   ...

Wound Culture
Aug 02, 2010

The patient's wound culture demonstrated gram-negative rods, pseudomonas, s/l florsesens and puteeta. ...

Wound Tract
May 09, 2011

The operative note indicates that the wound tracked into the flexor hallucis longus channel. Would this be correct?  I know it is wound tract, but I don't think tracted is a word. ...

S/l Murky Wound
Jul 12, 2011

Brand Name Of Wound VAC
Oct 20, 2011

I'm doing a Wittmann patch procedure and the doc keeps referring to a "a fair" wound VAC.  Could be aphthair, afthar, or something like that.  Any ideas?  I must be hearing incorrectly, but it sounds the same each time.  Any ideas appreciated.  TIA!   ...

Woundbed Or Wound Bed
Nov 13, 2011

woundbed or wound bed.   I dont know why, but i cant remember which one it is, all of a sudden.   ...

S/l Wound Effusion
Jan 22, 2012

Patient transferred after femoropopliteal bypass on the left lower extremity, and wound s/l effusion, full thickness, performed on the left foot.  ...