A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anterior lumbar or anterolumbar? - sw

Posted: Jul 11, 2013

I get myself so confused on these all the time b/c I never know when it's okay to combine the words and when it's not and the docs always say them separately no matter what.  For an "anterior lumbar interbody fusion with instrumentation" would it be anterior lumbar or should I change that to anterolumbar?

Thanks for your help!

anterior not combined with lumbar - to show position

[ In Reply To ..]
as opposed to starting surgery on the posterior surface of the body.

Similar Messages:

X-rays Show Some Anterior Heterotopic Bone Proximal To The Anterior S/l Phalange Of The Femoral Comp
Jan 23, 2010

x ...

Lumbar Disc Or Lumbar Disk- Which Is Correct-- Sm
Jul 09, 2011

Which is the correct way to transcribe this -- lumbar disc or lumbar disk -- I have been transcribing 4-ever and typed it disc but was recently told it is disk??  ...

Anterior/Interior??
Oct 05, 2010

I "hear" interior, but don't know if it makes sense in the general procedure of the operation. thanks in advance! " The deltoid fascia was then elevated with a blunt and sharp dissection and then a deltoid-splitting approach was then used to the coracoacromial ligament, which was well identified and quite thickened.  It had a very prominent [ s/l  "interior"]  edge."   ...

S/l Anterior Spurulex Spine
Nov 06, 2009

It is a hernia operation.  It sounds like incision was made between the "anterior spurulex spine and the pubic....." ...

Anterior S/l Carporaphy 4 Rectocele
May 27, 2010

She recently underwent total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, anterior s/l carporaphy and posterior s/l carporaphy for rectocele, stress urinary incontinence, and pelvic pain. ...

Unsure Of Anterior Synovectomy
Jun 24, 2010

The patient is now 1 week postoperative arthroscopy and debridement of the right knee.  Findings revealed a medial plica, chondromalacia patella, trochlear notch of the femur, and an anterior synovectomy.  All of these were débrided.   I am unsure this is correct even though it is said clearly. This is a procedure not a finding and that is why I am very unsure. TIA. ...

Anterior (something Starting With An A) Is Unremarkable
Jun 28, 2013

Can anyone help with this. ...

Anterocentral Or Anterior-central Ankle
Dec 21, 2010

...there is tenderness over the anterior-central or anterocentral ankle. TIA ...

Pt Is S/P Repair Of The L Tibialis Anterior With S/l *graft Tracking Augmentation* - ?
Nov 18, 2009

x ...

Doctor Says "the Anterior (cease/seeze) Was Closed
Feb 15, 2010

Operative report, Doctor says "the anterior (cease/seeze) was closed  -PLEASE HELP!! ...

Tenderness To Palpation In The Right Anterior Medial Chest Wall. Is It Anteromedial Or As Typed? T
Mar 27, 2011

xx ...

Anterior Posterior Draw, *sloan* Pivot Shift Test Negative. Nm Thanks
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Lumbar CT Help
Sep 02, 2012

This is a lumber CT with axial and s/l sidial reconstructed images.  I have no clue what he's really saying.  Can someone help me, please? ...

Cardiac Catheterization With *soundectomy* Of Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery With Stenting
Mar 21, 2012

nm ...

Help With Mushmouth Dr On Lumbar MRI
Oct 14, 2009

L5-S1 small central disc protrusion.  This is s/l amenable and dense thecal sac but does not appear to result in overt nerve root compression or displacement.  Thanks! ...

Lumbar Laminectomy Help
Dec 22, 2009

The microscope was brought in to do a medial facetectomy foraminotomy over the S1 nerve.  We twist-tied and pushed "s/l dorset" laterally.   Can't find any reference.  Suggestions? ...

Lumbar Microdiskectomy
Jan 12, 2010

When someone has a microdiskectomy at multiple levels, is it L3-4-5, L3-5, or L3-4 and L4-5 microdiskectomies?  I know I should know this but for the life of me my brain is not working this morning! Thanks! ...

Lumbar Implantation?
Sep 11, 2010

I'm looking for a type of implantation to help lumbar pain that sounds like "metroniziminent" implantation. - that's as close as I can get, she says the word very quickly. ...

Lumbar MRI Results
Oct 31, 2010

Doc is reading MRI results and saying what s/l Kerterfield ligamentum flavum.  Can't find any word close to Kerterfield.  any ideas? ...

Lumbar S/l Rotaflexion
Nov 13, 2010

her job requires her to do lumbar rotaflexion ...

X-ray Of The Lumbar Spine
Nov 30, 2010

Total (sat ?) images of the lumbar spine were performed. ...

Lumbar Spine X-ray
Sep 27, 2011

An evaluation of her spine on 08/04/11 with an x-ray revealed a retrolisthesis of L3-L4 with a s/l disk-I-S.  Thanks . ...

Lumbar Hemilaminectomy
Dec 22, 2013

"A guidewire was placed over the left L4-5 of *5-1* hemilamina."  I do not recognize the reference and don't even know where to look to verify it!  He says very clearly "left L4-5 of five one hemilamina."  Thanks.  ...

Cervical And Lumbar Spines
Oct 31, 2009

Problem List Degenerative arthritis of the cervical and lumbar spines. It sounds like he is saying spines (pl). Is it spines or spine??   ...

Radiology MRI Lumbar Spine
Sep 15, 2010

There are (S/L paired) pedicle screws and posterior fusion rods at L4, L5 and S1 with resulting susceptibility artifact. Thank you in advance... ...

Lumbar Spine With A Blithe?
Jan 13, 2011

Hello! :) I am transcribing radiology reports, and the dictator starts off with something that sounds like: "Lumbar spine (with a blithe/blythe)." Any idea what the "with a blithe, " might be? ~Lotte Hello! :) I am transcribing radiology reports, and the dictator starts off with something that sounds like: "Lumbar spine (with a blithe/blythe)." Any idea what the "with a blithe, " might be? ~Lotte ...

Lumbar Decompression & Fusion
Mar 16, 2011

Hi everyone. The doctor s/l he is saying:  "We have also talked about the off labral use of the MP in the posterolateral recess and posterior interbody spacers."  I think that's what he is saying, not sure of the bold words.  DX is lumbar instability, stenosis & radiculopathy L3-4 and 4-5.  There is also a synovial cyst off L3-4.  Not able to locate these exact words on any websites/searches.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Decompressive Lumbar Laminectomy
Nov 21, 2011

S/l Gild decompressive lumbar laminectomy. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Lumbar Spine Evaluation
Nov 07, 2012

She has fair active forward flexion activities of the lumbar spine without positive ______________ (s/l help) signs upon spinal extension ...

Lumbar X-rays - Does This Make Sense Here?
Oct 17, 2009

The lateral view showed similar findings, both anterior and posteriorly, superior and inferiorly, of the lumbar vertebrae and more significantly **autofusion** was noted at the L4-L5 level.  ...