A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Left total knee arthroplasty - ala

Posted: Apr 03, 2014

I am transcribing an Operative Report for a left total knee arthroplasty. In the Description of Procedure he is talking about the patella tracking and he states:

The knee dis patella measured 22 mm in thickness.  Is the word "knee dis" correct?  This is what he sounds like he is saying.. however I can not find this term anywhere!!  I was thinking meatus?  Stuck!!.. Here is a little of the report both before and after!

Patella tracking was then assessed with the trial tibial and femoral components in place. There was a very tight lateral retinaculum which was released. The patella was then able to track without any tilting or subluxation.  The knee dis patella measured 22 mm in thickness.  A patella reamer was used to remove all but 14 mm of thickness

Just a thought...sm - PT

[ In Reply To ..]
might be saying "the knee mid patella measured..." Sometimes doctors can really butcher a word.

Stuttering perhaps and doesn't mean it to be there. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Left total knee arthroplasty - ala

[ In Reply To ..]
I have listened pretty carefully, It doesn't sound like a stumble. He is pretty sure of what he is saying, the audio quality is decent.. It really sounds like knee dis.. but I know that isn't it.. Frustrating... I am searching acronyms and abbreviations at the moment.. and other ortho reports.. Thanks for the help.. I will keep researching!!

Research "nidus"...sm - PT

[ In Reply To ..]
this could be a possible answer.

Similar Messages:

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty
Sep 13, 2010

The cutting block was locked in position utilizing the (s/l 4 10 stylus).  If I am hearing that right, do I hyphenate 4-10...? Thanks... ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Apr 19, 2011

5 out of 5 bilateral strength in EHL, FHL, GSC, and TA.  What do these stand for??? I know tibialis anterior but what are the other three?? ...

A Total Knee Arthroplasty
Oct 04, 2013

A total knee arthroplasty.  "We sized the femur to a size 4+ and made the appropriate cuts with the cutting block at 3 degress of external rotation.  We sized the tibia to a size 4, made the appropriate drill holes and punch holes to accommodate the prosthesis.  The *intra-arm* reduction had excellent stability through all ranges with a 10-mm poly prepared for cementing." ...

Total Hip Arthroplasty
Dec 08, 2009

A couple of things I just cant understand, this DR sounds like he is drunk this morning! "status post left s/l amelano total hip arthroplasty for AVN with collapse" "internal and external range of motion over the s/l sick or sit joint is quite benign"  Patient received an injection into the SI joint, so I am wondering if he is saying SIC joint.  Is the sacroiliac joint abbreviated in this way sometimes?  Cannot reference that. Dr is getting ESR, CRP and sed rate to make sure there is ...

Knee Arthroplasty
Jan 12, 2012

MD dictates, "He is due to have a left total knee arthroplasty using s/l kayos or K-os."  Can anyone help with this word? ...

Got A New Doc--knee Arthroplasty ???
Dec 05, 2012

Once patient was adequately anesthetized, a s/l "non"-sterile tourniquet was placed around his right upper thigh.  His right lower extremity was prepped with s/l "perbale" and draped in asterile fashion.    Thanks! ...

PSE Poly. Total Knee Replacement. Does
Mar 29, 2011

what the correct expanded form of this would be?  It is a TKR.  I think PS might be posterior stabilized, but I am stumped with the rest.  Check on Google, went to Biomet Vanguard site.  No help.  TIA ...

Hip Arthroplasty S/l Accent On The Right And Retained Hardware On The Left
Jan 05, 2011

Total hip arthroplasty infection with enterococcus with single-stage s/l accent on the right and retained hardware on the left. ...

Mri Of The Left Knee
Apr 14, 2010

The posterior cruciate ligament is intact with some secondary ______ noted.  Blank sounds like "dockling or duckling."  Thanks in advance. ...

Pt With Left Knee Injury. Is Getting Into The Cab In An S/l
Apr 13, 2010

x ...

Sounds Like......on MRI Of The Left Knee
Mar 27, 2012

The patient has sustained an acute, complete proximal anterior cruciate ligament tear with characteristic bone bruising involving the posterior medial and lateral tibial plateaus and anterolateral femoral condyle.  There is epithin impaction over the lateral femoral condyle, where there is mild depression of the subchondral plate and mild non-full-thickness chondral shearing.  (sounds like epifen or episen)   Any ideas?  Thank you in advance. ...

Left Knee With Two Organisms - E. Coli And S/l E-sure-a-sis
May 29, 2013

x ...

Patient Had Failure Of The Left Knee Replacement.
Feb 13, 2011

On 01/07/11, the knee was removed, resection of heterotopic bone, **excision of prior surgical scar** and insertion of an antibiotic spacer block was performed.  Questioning excision of prior surgical scar.  Does this make sense?  Thanks  :) ...

The Left Knee On X-ray Has Some S/l Rare-i-fi-ca-tion In The Medial
Apr 12, 2012

. ...

Patient's Well-healed Incision (anteriorostic?) To The Left Knee.
Jan 22, 2010

Thank you ...

There Is Presence Of Mildly **cellulitic** Area Over The Left Knee
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

Patient Is Status-post I&D Of A **dermatoma** Of The Left Knee
Aug 31, 2011

My first thought is hematoma but really sounds like a Derm..... Thanks ...

X-ray Report - X-rays Of Left Knee Show Advanced Degenerative Changes Seen Of The Medial Compartment
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

"Active Range Of Motion Of The Left Knee Is Approximately 3rd To 100 Degrees"
Apr 07, 2010

"Active range of motion of the left knee is approximately 3rd to 100 degrees." Is "3rd to 100 degree" the correct way to transcribe it? Thanks! ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

S/l Ac-knee-ik /hi-pok-knee-ik, Full Sentence In Sm, TIA!
Nov 14, 2011

Frequent ackneic-hypokneic episodes were recorded as were epileptiform potentials. ...

Arthroplasty
Oct 30, 2012

then used a #2 fiber wire with a modified s/l crack house and stitch pattern, ...

In A PIPJ Arthroplasty
Feb 10, 2010

I had a word that I flat could not figure out.  Tell me please if you know it!! A double elliptical incision was made over the existing _____ . This sounded like "pelomadura."  QA didn't get it either and now the next day, it is STILL bothering me. thanks. ...

S/L Epi Joiner Arthroplasty
Jun 15, 2011

Hi, I'm not able to understand this doctor.  The patient has hallux valgus, hallux interphalangeus, second hammertoe, dorso cutaneous nerve neuroma, and webspace ulceration.  He will be doing a Chevron Akin osteotomy combined with a dorso cutaneous nerve neuroma decompression, and second hammertoe reconstruction including Weil osteotomy and _____ arthroplasty.  It s/l epi joiner but i can't find anything close to that in books or online.  Can anyone help with this p ...

Polany Arthroplasty??
May 19, 2011

The doctor dictates the following phrase: "polany arthroplasty of the right knee was discussed."  It sounds like he said "polany", but have not been able to find that word or another word that sounds like it.  Could he have said "colony?"  Please help!  Thanks! ...

Hip Arthroplasty - Esotabium?
May 24, 2012

I'm doing a total hip arthroplasty and he says "our attention was then brought to the ?????" It sounds like esotabium or exotabium...can't find it.  Any ideas? ...

S/l Fox Fascia (shoulder Arthroplasty)
Dec 26, 2010

Total shoulder arthroplasty Using blunt digital dissection, the subdeltoid bursa was developed as well as the plane underneath the "s/l fox" fascia and conjoined tendon. I've seen "faux" fascia being used in other reports from this doctor,  but I have not been able to document this. I feel uneasy about just sticking that in just because somebody else did. ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...