A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

mri of the left knee - sadiebug523

Posted: Apr 14, 2010

The posterior cruciate ligament is intact with some secondary ______ noted.  Blank sounds like "dockling or duckling."  Thanks in advance.

buckling. sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]

I think I have a knee MRI link. Will look around for it.

MRI of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries and Associated Findings ...by JS Prince - 2005 - Cited by 16 - Related articles
The examinations were reviewed for the type of ACL injury, secondary imaging .... PCL buckling was defined, as reported by McCauley et al. .... A less rigid immature skeleton may

See if this link is helpful. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.mrprotocols.com/MRI/bone/knee.htm

http://fonar.com/glossary.htm

mri knee - sadiebug523

[ In Reply To ..]
Buckling was it!. Thanks so much.

Glad to help. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Old ortho typist here.

Similar Messages:

Pt With Left Knee Injury. Is Getting Into The Cab In An S/l
Apr 13, 2010

x ...

Sounds Like......on MRI Of The Left Knee
Mar 27, 2012

The patient has sustained an acute, complete proximal anterior cruciate ligament tear with characteristic bone bruising involving the posterior medial and lateral tibial plateaus and anterolateral femoral condyle.  There is epithin impaction over the lateral femoral condyle, where there is mild depression of the subchondral plate and mild non-full-thickness chondral shearing.  (sounds like epifen or episen)   Any ideas?  Thank you in advance. ...

Left Knee With Two Organisms - E. Coli And S/l E-sure-a-sis
May 29, 2013

x ...

Left Total Knee Arthroplasty
Apr 03, 2014

I am transcribing an Operative Report for a left total knee arthroplasty. In the Description of Procedure he is talking about the patella tracking and he states: The knee dis patella measured 22 mm in thickness.  Is the word "knee dis" correct?  This is what he sounds like he is saying.. however I can not find this term anywhere!!  I was thinking meatus?  Stuck!!.. Here is a little of the report both before and after! Patella tracking was then assessed with the trial tibial ...

Patient Had Failure Of The Left Knee Replacement.
Feb 13, 2011

On 01/07/11, the knee was removed, resection of heterotopic bone, **excision of prior surgical scar** and insertion of an antibiotic spacer block was performed.  Questioning excision of prior surgical scar.  Does this make sense?  Thanks  :) ...

The Left Knee On X-ray Has Some S/l Rare-i-fi-ca-tion In The Medial
Apr 12, 2012

. ...

Patient's Well-healed Incision (anteriorostic?) To The Left Knee.
Jan 22, 2010

Thank you ...

There Is Presence Of Mildly **cellulitic** Area Over The Left Knee
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

Patient Is Status-post I&D Of A **dermatoma** Of The Left Knee
Aug 31, 2011

My first thought is hematoma but really sounds like a Derm..... Thanks ...

X-ray Report - X-rays Of Left Knee Show Advanced Degenerative Changes Seen Of The Medial Compartment
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

"Active Range Of Motion Of The Left Knee Is Approximately 3rd To 100 Degrees"
Apr 07, 2010

"Active range of motion of the left knee is approximately 3rd to 100 degrees." Is "3rd to 100 degree" the correct way to transcribe it? Thanks! ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

S/l Ac-knee-ik /hi-pok-knee-ik, Full Sentence In Sm, TIA!
Nov 14, 2011

Frequent ackneic-hypokneic episodes were recorded as were epileptiform potentials. ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

S/l HGL Re: Knee
Oct 25, 2009

The right knee has the (s/l )HGL as well as the unicompartmental knee.   I've tried hdl, hel, hbl, etc..   tia :) ...

In Various Knee??
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates:  Radiographs and examination are consistent with a fixed flexion contracture *in various* knee...  I know he did not say "various", but it sounds that way.  What could he be saying?  Thanks! ...

Knee Lag?
Nov 02, 2011

Sounds like Dianx toe lag?  knee exam after ACL reconstruction.  Any ideas? ...

Knee X-ray
Aug 02, 2012

Physician dictated bilateral AP and *s/l skeers* of bilateral knees Skeers? ...

Knee Replacement - Sm
Oct 16, 2009

Everytime he does an exam for someone after a knee replacement he says: "Range of motion is stable. (?) is intact.  The calf is supple and nontender." It sounds like (caution???).  I am sure that is not it, but that is the closest s/l. Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.  ...

Sounds Like Knee-v-eel
Mar 07, 2010

I made a longitudinal oriented incision and expressed some purulence out with pressure, cephalad and caudad, knee-v-eel, and lateral. The patient has a infected brown recluse bite on his anterior proximal lateral knee.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

Knee Lesion
Nov 04, 2010

s/l he is saying tarvis lesion of the knee of NOF type.    Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Pel-e-renus The-a-tus- It's Of The Knee
Dec 09, 2010

x ...

Knee Brace
Apr 07, 2011

Patient with patellar subluxation and patellofemoral pain.  She was given a S/L Maraklumping brace for support. Thanks  in advance. ...

S/l Knee RA Position?
Oct 14, 2011

Left shoulder injury Supine exam demonstrates a s/l knee RA position of approximately 80 degrees..."   Does not sound like it makes sense (knee arthritis in the shoulder?). It has to be something else, but I cannot make any other words out and it clearly sounds like knee RA position. Any help? ...

Limited MRI Of The Knee
Jan 11, 2012

Technique - sounds like "missionaire" procotol.  TIA! ...

Knee Arthroplasty
Jan 12, 2012

MD dictates, "He is due to have a left total knee arthroplasty using s/l kayos or K-os."  Can anyone help with this word? ...