A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l Fox fascia (shoulder arthroplasty) - Graveyard MT

Posted: Dec 26, 2010

Total shoulder arthroplasty

Using blunt digital dissection, the subdeltoid bursa was developed as well as the plane underneath the "s/l fox" fascia and conjoined tendon.

I've seen "faux" fascia being used in other reports from this doctor,  but I have not been able to document this. I feel uneasy about just sticking that in just because somebody else did.

fox fascia - Hyper-typer

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is "soft" fascia.

could it be "subluxation" - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Orthopedic Shoulder Arthroplasty Question
Jun 19, 2015

This is a followup visit for a patient who just had a total shoulder arthroplasty.  I have now had this same blank twice and need to figure out what it is.   Oh the physical exam the doc dictates, "Passive forward elevation of the right shoulder is about 85 degrees.  External rotation is easily to 30 degrees.  Positive s/l AI and PNIO function."   This may be a word, it may be two acronyms, or it may be even one acronym.  I have no idea.  Sounds like "positiv ...

Deep The Level Of The Fascia Or Below The Fascia
Mar 03, 2015

I have seen this so many times but am still not 100% positive what it is: Two 1/8-inch Hemovac drains were left deep at the level of fascia/below the level of the fascia/below the fascia?"  He is not speaking clearly enough for me to be 100% positive. Thank you. ...

Marshall's Fascia?
Nov 23, 2011

Knee surgery:  "incision carried down to the skin, subcu through the "Marshall's" fascia. I can't find this.  Can anyone help? ...

Imbricated Perivesical Fascia
Jul 14, 2010

sounds like 2-0 Ethibond was used to imbricate in a "Uste" fashion the perivesical fascia over the midline defect. Need to confirm type of imbrication ...

S/l Cautery Control Fascia
Aug 27, 2011

The soft tissue was then sharply incised until the cautery control fascia was encountered in that s/l exide/site   does cautery control fascia make sense? ...

Sentence Help? Re: Hemiparesis/hemiplegia/fascia?
Oct 21, 2009

She developed a right hemiparesis progressing to her right hemiplegia and afasia in .. ...

Fascia Was Drawn Upwards With....kookoo??
May 31, 2012

here's a chunk of the dictation around it, during a laparoscopic appendectomy. "We began by making a supraumbilical skin incision which we extended down to the fascia using blunt dissection.  The fascia was drawn upwards with _____ and we incised it with a knife, entering the peritoneal cavity." It really sounds like he is saying "kookoos" or "krowkers".  Any ideas? ...

Antebrachial Fascia With *alls* Release
Aug 12, 2013

"I then performed radical synovectomy around each of the flexor tendons, and carpal tunnel and distal volar compartment of the wrist, the antebrachial fascia with *alls* release for several centimeters." ...

Retrorectal Dissection Between S/l Ovarus And Denonvilliers Fascia
Jan 07, 2010

xx ...

Arthroplasty
Oct 30, 2012

then used a #2 fiber wire with a modified s/l crack house and stitch pattern, ...

Total Hip Arthroplasty
Dec 08, 2009

A couple of things I just cant understand, this DR sounds like he is drunk this morning! "status post left s/l amelano total hip arthroplasty for AVN with collapse" "internal and external range of motion over the s/l sick or sit joint is quite benign"  Patient received an injection into the SI joint, so I am wondering if he is saying SIC joint.  Is the sacroiliac joint abbreviated in this way sometimes?  Cannot reference that. Dr is getting ESR, CRP and sed rate to make sure there is ...

In A PIPJ Arthroplasty
Feb 10, 2010

I had a word that I flat could not figure out.  Tell me please if you know it!! A double elliptical incision was made over the existing _____ . This sounded like "pelomadura."  QA didn't get it either and now the next day, it is STILL bothering me. thanks. ...

S/L Epi Joiner Arthroplasty
Jun 15, 2011

Hi, I'm not able to understand this doctor.  The patient has hallux valgus, hallux interphalangeus, second hammertoe, dorso cutaneous nerve neuroma, and webspace ulceration.  He will be doing a Chevron Akin osteotomy combined with a dorso cutaneous nerve neuroma decompression, and second hammertoe reconstruction including Weil osteotomy and _____ arthroplasty.  It s/l epi joiner but i can't find anything close to that in books or online.  Can anyone help with this p ...

Polany Arthroplasty??
May 19, 2011

The doctor dictates the following phrase: "polany arthroplasty of the right knee was discussed."  It sounds like he said "polany", but have not been able to find that word or another word that sounds like it.  Could he have said "colony?"  Please help!  Thanks! ...

Knee Arthroplasty
Jan 12, 2012

MD dictates, "He is due to have a left total knee arthroplasty using s/l kayos or K-os."  Can anyone help with this word? ...

Hip Arthroplasty - Esotabium?
May 24, 2012

I'm doing a total hip arthroplasty and he says "our attention was then brought to the ?????" It sounds like esotabium or exotabium...can't find it.  Any ideas? ...

Got A New Doc--knee Arthroplasty ???
Dec 05, 2012

Once patient was adequately anesthetized, a s/l "non"-sterile tourniquet was placed around his right upper thigh.  His right lower extremity was prepped with s/l "perbale" and draped in asterile fashion.    Thanks! ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty
Sep 13, 2010

The cutting block was locked in position utilizing the (s/l 4 10 stylus).  If I am hearing that right, do I hyphenate 4-10...? Thanks... ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Apr 19, 2011

5 out of 5 bilateral strength in EHL, FHL, GSC, and TA.  What do these stand for??? I know tibialis anterior but what are the other three?? ...

A Total Knee Arthroplasty
Oct 04, 2013

A total knee arthroplasty.  "We sized the femur to a size 4+ and made the appropriate cuts with the cutting block at 3 degress of external rotation.  We sized the tibia to a size 4, made the appropriate drill holes and punch holes to accommodate the prosthesis.  The *intra-arm* reduction had excellent stability through all ranges with a 10-mm poly prepared for cementing." ...

Left Total Knee Arthroplasty
Apr 03, 2014

I am transcribing an Operative Report for a left total knee arthroplasty. In the Description of Procedure he is talking about the patella tracking and he states: The knee dis patella measured 22 mm in thickness.  Is the word "knee dis" correct?  This is what he sounds like he is saying.. however I can not find this term anywhere!!  I was thinking meatus?  Stuck!!.. Here is a little of the report both before and after! Patella tracking was then assessed with the trial tibial ...

Hip Arthroplasty S/l Accent On The Right And Retained Hardware On The Left
Jan 05, 2011

Total hip arthroplasty infection with enterococcus with single-stage s/l accent on the right and retained hardware on the left. ...

Pt Is Status-post CMC Arthroplasty. Patient Had Her Cast Removed And Was Going To Be Placed In A Sp
Jan 19, 2010

x ...

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

S/l Fascia Closed In "SC Jones" Fashion - Nm
Mar 09, 2013

nm ...

"externalis Fascia"
Mar 17, 2015

Dictator very clearly says "externalis fascia" in conjuction with inguinal hernia surgery; however, I cannot verify this term.  Any ideas? ...

MRI Of Shoulder
Jan 16, 2011

On MRI, he had a massive tear of the supraspinatus superior half of the iinfraspinatus. He also had an s/l osto-chrom-e-ali.   Thanks!! ...

MRI Of The Shoulder
Jul 26, 2011

The patient had a shoulder MRI.  The doctor say: No obvious-appearing instability or injury to the coracoclavicular or ---s/l clochoclavicular---- ligaments on the MRI.    Thanks. ...

Shoulder Mri
Dec 26, 2012

...lateral down-sloping acromion with possible  ?CYPHER/SITE FOR impingement.  ...

Shoulder
Apr 08, 2013

Doc is talking about pts shoulder and says:  She had a normal (s/l Mieres), Hawkins, and Jobes tests.  Can someone give me the correct spelling of Mieres?  Thx CM ...