A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient is status-post I&D of a **dermatoma** of the left knee - does that make sense?? please sm

Posted: Aug 31, 2011

My first thought is hematoma but really sounds like a Derm..... Thanks

dermatoma - BD

[ In Reply To ..]
Since dermatoma means thickening or hypertrophy of the skin this could make sense with an I&D.

Similar Messages:

The Patient Is Status Post Revision Knee Surgery. Her Gait Shows A Slightly Shortened (s/l Shy) Dis
Sep 29, 2010

TIA ...

Patient Had Failure Of The Left Knee Replacement.
Feb 13, 2011

On 01/07/11, the knee was removed, resection of heterotopic bone, **excision of prior surgical scar** and insertion of an antibiotic spacer block was performed.  Questioning excision of prior surgical scar.  Does this make sense?  Thanks  :) ...

Patient's Well-healed Incision (anteriorostic?) To The Left Knee.
Jan 22, 2010

Thank you ...

Pt Is Status-post CMC Arthroplasty. Patient Had Her Cast Removed And Was Going To Be Placed In A Sp
Jan 19, 2010

x ...

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

Oncology Patient Is Status Post A (s/l Talo) Pancreas Resection
Aug 15, 2010

My GP is wandering into new fields on me.... The patient is status post a (s/l talo) pancreas resection for cancer on 06/29/2010. Not sure if this should be Talar Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   ...

Left Eyelid Is Status Post "tear Os Fogy".
Jun 10, 2013

? ...

CRIM? Patient Is Status Post Remote Hip Fracture With CRIM Procedure?
Jul 21, 2010

What is this?  Thanks in advance! ...

Patient Is Status Post (s/l "CSI VAC")
Jun 20, 2011

Patient is status post (s/l "CSI VAC") for a wound infection. ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Mri Of The Left Knee
Apr 14, 2010

The posterior cruciate ligament is intact with some secondary ______ noted.  Blank sounds like "dockling or duckling."  Thanks in advance. ...

Pt With Left Knee Injury. Is Getting Into The Cab In An S/l
Apr 13, 2010

x ...

Sounds Like......on MRI Of The Left Knee
Mar 27, 2012

The patient has sustained an acute, complete proximal anterior cruciate ligament tear with characteristic bone bruising involving the posterior medial and lateral tibial plateaus and anterolateral femoral condyle.  There is epithin impaction over the lateral femoral condyle, where there is mild depression of the subchondral plate and mild non-full-thickness chondral shearing.  (sounds like epifen or episen)   Any ideas?  Thank you in advance. ...

Left Knee With Two Organisms - E. Coli And S/l E-sure-a-sis
May 29, 2013

x ...

Left Total Knee Arthroplasty
Apr 03, 2014

I am transcribing an Operative Report for a left total knee arthroplasty. In the Description of Procedure he is talking about the patella tracking and he states: The knee dis patella measured 22 mm in thickness.  Is the word "knee dis" correct?  This is what he sounds like he is saying.. however I can not find this term anywhere!!  I was thinking meatus?  Stuck!!.. Here is a little of the report both before and after! Patella tracking was then assessed with the trial tibial ...

The Left Knee On X-ray Has Some S/l Rare-i-fi-ca-tion In The Medial
Apr 12, 2012

. ...

There Is Presence Of Mildly **cellulitic** Area Over The Left Knee
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

Status Post
May 07, 2012

Plz tell me which one of these are correct/appropirate to use with "status post"   The patient is four months' status post  surgery or The patient is four-month status post surgery   thnx,   Syd   ...

PE Status Post GFF
Jun 29, 2012

The patient has abdominal aortic aneurysm, myocardial infarction x4, PE status post GFF?   ? PE status post GFF ?   Thanks.  :) ...

Abbreviating Status Post
Nov 29, 2010

I was just wondering if anyone has had to abbreviate status post before? One of my docs says " s slash p" for it, and I don't know if I should capitalize the s and p or not. Any thoughts? I cannot find any info on this anywhere! ...

Pt Is 2 Weeks Status-post S/l NUA
Jan 23, 2011

x ...

Status Post Right S/l Neoplexy
Oct 13, 2011

This is listed in the impression section of an office note, but there is no reference made to it elsewhere in the report for context.  It is a cardiac office note.  ...

Status Post Instemming?
May 01, 2012

history of coronary artery disease status post "instemming" in 2011. I have never heard this, cannot figure it out, anyone??? ...

Comma Before Status Post?
Aug 10, 2012

He has hydrocephalus, status post VP shunt.  Is it correct to put a comma before status post or best to leave it out?  As I work longer, I realize I need to brush up on my grammar.  Thanks for the help. ...

X-ray Report - X-rays Of Left Knee Show Advanced Degenerative Changes Seen Of The Medial Compartment
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

Status Post S/l Laptos Bunioectomy
May 13, 2010

s/l laptos bunionectomy ...

Perforated Diverticulitis, Status Post ??
Jun 15, 2012

sounds like "ELOP sigmoid resection" procedure. ...

The Patient Had A S/l Knee Surgery With A S/l Cardizel Olds?
May 01, 2012

The patient had a s/l knee surgery with a s/l Cardizel Olds?? enzyme procedure. He performed this ten years ago and I cannot really hear clearly what he is saying.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Drug - Status Post CHOP, Currently On S/l *trendel
Oct 30, 2009

Patient with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, status post CHOP, currently on s/l *trendel* ...

S/l Status Post Periciferal Hernia Repair Nm
Nov 14, 2009

xx ...