A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ophthalmology is such a hard word to spell. - incognito

Posted: Jan 21, 2012

Even the job postings have it misspelled all the time.  Four consonents in a row is a tongue buster. 

er, that would be "consonants". - incognito

[ In Reply To ..]
Oops.

I have it in my expander, I never spell it out manually - countrygirlMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes it much easier. But it is a tongue/finger twister!

that's the way to do it, I agree - oph - never spell it out

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmology Word Site
Feb 07, 2011

Can anyone recommend an great opthalmology site to use for reference? ...

Know Of Any Good Ophthalmology Word Books?
Sep 22, 2010

I am looking for a great ophthalmology reference book, know any? Thanks ...

Ophthalmology Word Sounds Like Secazer 50/50?
Dec 14, 2013

I am doing neuro-ophthalmology and it sounds like secazer 50/50???? I cannot find that word anywhere....HELP  thanks ...

How Do You Spell This Word?
Apr 21, 2011

s/l sin-knee-key-eye There was (synici) and lateralization of the middle turbinate to the lateral nasal wall.  This was gently medialized removing the (synici) and opening up the ethmoid labyrinth as best as possible.  When I google it doesn't have any idea what I'm trying to say!! thanks. ...

Why Can I Not Spell This Word!! Hypocanthal
Jan 21, 2010

mri of the brain:  No apparent lesions in the hippacanthal regions.  i know the root word would be hypocanthus, but why can i not verify this!?!?  my brain is frozen.  TIA ...

Is There A Way To Spell Check Just One Word
Oct 03, 2012

in DQS 7.1 without it checking the whole report? I have tried highlighting the word and hitting F7 and putting the curser on the word and hitting F7, and that does not work. I was told to right-click on the word and a list of options will come up, and nothing happens when I do that. Everything I try it still checks the whole document and not just one selected word. Any tips would be appreciated, thanx.  ...

How To Spell Check In Word?
Nov 16, 2013

Can someone tell me how to spell check in word?  Thanks in advance ...

Teritituary Center, Can Not Spell This Word, HELP
Nov 16, 2009

x ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Dear Doc..please Do Not Spell Every Single Word
Feb 22, 2013

It is really annoying when simple words are spelled out..like I am a total I-D-I-O-T! ...

WORD 2003 Medical Spell Checkers
Feb 18, 2010

I am trying to find a good spellchecker to download for Word 2003.  I had previously been working out of WP5.1 and then Pscribe, so there was no need for me to purchase one.  TOO many out there, would like opinions from  MTs who actually use them, not the manufacturer saying "its the best one available" and end up paying for something that is garbage.  Starting a new position on Monday where I will be typing in Word 2003.  Any suggestions greatly appreciat ...

A Good Spell Check For Word 2010?
Sep 14, 2010

Does Anyone know of a good spell check for word 2010? TIA mmct ...

Word Show Up On Spell Check That Isn't Even In Your Report?
Sep 11, 2011

Have you ever had a word show up on spell check that isn't even in your report?  I am really baffled by this.   ...

Help With Word Or Phrase-don't Laugh Too Hard
Jul 03, 2010

This is a PE on a 70-yo woman.  "Breasts are symmetrical s/l "up my ass."  Really, that is exactly what it sounds like he is saying but obviously that is not correct. (at least, I hope not-LOL)  Any idea what this could be? ...

Could Someone Refresh My Memory On How To Remove A Word From Spell Check?
Dec 11, 2009

I accidently added a word to spell check that is a misspelling.  I think someone posted how to delete a word....I can't find that post........   Thanks!!!! ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Ophthalmology Word Nuclear Cataract Of S/l  "Polevoranes Varitey"
Jun 25, 2010

Doc dictates diagnosis as nuclear cataract of s/l  "Polevoranes varitey" ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Yea Doc Spell The Words Any Idiot Can Spell
Apr 10, 2012

How freaking stupid do you think I am???  Obviously you cant spell what you just rambled through either but speak normally and I guarantee you I can...off to search AGAIN!!! ...

Ophthalmology Help Please
Jan 19, 2011

I just got a new client that is an ophthalmology group.  The doctor is saying, "Pachymetry measurements by ultrasound pachymetry are 508 microns OD and 510 microns OS.  ___________ are 46.5 x 47.2 flat meridian at 1 OD and 46.75 x 47.75 flat meridian at 1 OS." Where the blank is it sounds like K.A's or Cave's???  Is there such a thing.  I can't seem to find anything similar.  Your help is greatly appreciated. ...

More Ophthalmology
Oct 22, 2013

The patient is undergoing vitrectomy.  "Of note, the anterior segment, she did have significant nuclear ________ with cortical spoking as well as iris synechia inferiorly."  It sounds like "squadric" or something of that nature.    ...

Ophthalmology Question
Oct 17, 2009

I rarely ever get these types of reports and need help with how to type this sentence: His refractive error is a -0.50  +1.25 axis at 170. I do not know where/if to put commas, if it should be typed -0.50 plus 125 or -0.50 + 1.25, or as above sample. Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Ophthalmology Books
Dec 09, 2009

The only ophthalmology book I am aware of is Stedman's.  Is there another one that is better?  I am only a little bit familiar with ophthalmology OP's and need a good book.  Thanks. ...

Ophthalmology Instruments
Dec 10, 2009

Replying to probably old message in Google.  Correct spelling of instruments commonly used in cataract extraction:  Utrata forceps, cystitome.  Procedure: capsulorrhexis.  ...

Ophthalmology Medication Help
Apr 23, 2010

The patient is to discontinue the s/l *Ocuvar* topical eye drops. Searching and cannot find this .. any suggestions? Tia ...

Help With Ophthalmology Terms
Jun 18, 2010

Need some help with these terms that are some type of eye surgery.  They are mentioned in the past medical history. Resident dictates what sounds like "rule-op-sis" to the right eye (spells this rulptoss, which I am sure doesn't spell anything!) and "lul-pop-tosis" to the left eye (spells this lulptosos, which also doesn't spell anything!).  I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have! I am on my last nerve with these students, residents, foreign doctors, etc., being ...

Ophthalmology Surgery
May 24, 2011

It's a cataract surgery. Hemostasis of the *sounds like limbo area was obtained using wet-field cautery. Dictation is very quiet so I can't tell for sure. Thanks in advance! ...

Ophthalmology Surgery HELP
Apr 16, 2014

Patient is having what sounds like some kind of eye surgery. Diagnosis sounds like: Upper "lido matic ecalasia" functionally limiting. Bilateral upper lid ptosis functionally limiting. HELP! ...

Questions About Ophthalmology Report Plz??
Oct 14, 2010

"Very pleased that the glaucoma surgery we did in the left eye is working well and the pressure is nice/tender (thats what it sounds like but not sure if its right) in the left eye and 16 in the right eye."    "The left eye showed a little bit of conjunctiva infection which may be due to the" s/l alfican or elfican? (He changed the patient then to Xalatan). Thank you for helping!!  ...

Opinions On Ophthalmology Transcription?
Dec 13, 2010

I've been editing and transcribing an ophthalmology account for a month now. I find it very difficult with many abbreviations and tests.  I also find it really hard to find things on the Internet related to same, unlike with the other specialties with which I'm familiar. Anyone else dislike ophthalmology as much as I do?   ...