A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Gastric bypass surgery - postop - sm

Posted: Aug 11, 2012

Dictated:  She thinks that during her pregnancy she "overate the pouch"... and can now eat larger volumes.

Is "overate the pouch" correct?  He says it pretty clearly and I just want to make sure.

ALSO:  Is it endoluminal or endolumenal

Thank you.

Similar Messages:

ASR's Version Of Gastric Bypass
Jan 13, 2010

Actual dictation:   Gastric bypass. ASR:  Pastry bypass. I suppose if you bypassed enough pastries, you would eventually lose a little weight.  ...

Gastric Bypass: Is It XL/accel/excel Port?
Nov 12, 2009

Using a 10 mm camera and an 11 mm __XL/accel/excel__ port, I was able to enter the abdomen under direct vision. ...

"E-wall" Dictated In Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Jul 19, 2012

He says it was placed "p.o."   No luck googling it.  Has anyone heard of this?  TYIA. ...

Surgery For Perforated Gastric Ulcer
Jun 17, 2011

In a verbatim account a doctor is saying "...operation for exploratory laparotomy and perforated gastric "ulcerectomy".   Any suggestions?  I cannot find an exact match for ulcerectomy...  ...

After Gastric Surgery Iron Has To Be In The Sounds Like
Jan 11, 2013

service stage to avoid malabsorption.  No clue but definitely sounded like service stage but I could not find anything like that when I goggled. ...

S/l "iridic" Iliac Bypass Surgery
Sep 12, 2011

s/l "iridic" iliac bypass surgery ...

S/l "postop Karia" Or "postop Korea"
Jul 26, 2010

Does anyone have an idea of what this is? Thanks in advance! ...

Pt Had Postop Complications S/l R THA Including
Nov 20, 2010

x ...

Hyphen In Postop? (BOS Says Abbreviations)
Nov 29, 2010

Should we put a hyphen in preop and/or postop? My spellchecker says it is OK without, but it is hard to read w/o one IMO. BOS says to use a hyphen when joining a prefix to an abbreviation, so would this count as an abbreviation in this case? Or is it more like a shortened form of the word? ...

PRE? Postop Shoulder Therapy?
Jan 14, 2011

On postop plan after dictating OP report (shoulder arthroscopy for impingement and AC joint arthritis, doctor dictates postop plan which includes pendulum, gentle ROM plus "He can progress to active and (s/l) PREs (??) as pain and symptoms allow."  Wondered if this was correct and what it stood for.  Thanks. ...

MM ASR Can't Get PREOP And POSTOP Right Anymore.
Dec 07, 2013

What's up with this???? Another problem to correct. Doctor dictates preoperative diagnosis and it now puts in postoperative diagnosis. ...

The Patient Had A Postop Postdelivery Complication Of ____ (s/l Ana-ma-tray-us) And Had To Have D&am
Aug 26, 2010

thanks!!! ...

S/l Gastric Stuffing?? PEG Tube Needs To Be Done
Mar 30, 2010

nm ...

S/l 'Dula-Foley' Lesion In The Gastric Cardia
Jul 29, 2010

This is an upper endoscopy and he says possible ulcer or s/l 'Dula-Foley' lesion in the gastric cardia.   My brain is broken because I have been working since 9 a.m and it is now 9:19 pm.  Thanks in advance for your help.     ...

Gaseous/gastric? Dilatation Is Noted At The Small Bowel.
Feb 25, 2012

ABDOMEN, 1 VIEW. DATE: ___ [DATE]. HISTORY: Abdominal pain. FINDINGS: Gaseous dilatation is noted at the small bowel. Degenerative changes were noted within the thoracolumbar spine and isolytic/isoelectric? destruction is noted of the left hip.  CONCLUSION 1. Gaseous dilatation is noted at the small bowel. Findings have speches of a small bowel obstruction. 2. Isoelectric destruction is noted of the left hip. HISTORY: Abdominal pain.FINDINGS: (Gaseous or gastric?) dilatation is n ...

Fem To AT Bypass???
Aug 29, 2010

xxx ...

ISO Biliary Bypass
Apr 03, 2010

He has had an s/l ISO biliary bypass.    ...

A New Bypass Technique
Jun 30, 2011

Has anyone ever done a "pneumograph tunnel technique" for operation entitled  Two-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting.   2-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting?  Preop is left main coronary stenosis. ...

Coronary Bypass Operative
Dec 31, 2010

A reverse saphenous vein graft was then constructed to the third obtuse marginal, brought to the circumflex using running 7-0 Prolene for old distal anastomosis and probing old distal anastomosis prior to completion of _______ (s/l    d-cert they were paytent??).  Cold blood cardioplegia was given through each vein graft with the completion of the distal anastomoses. I have hilighted the areas that I need help with.  Any suggestions?? ...

S/l Single Side Bypass Graft?
Jun 20, 2011

Single [side] has been bypass graft from aorta to right posterior descending #1 coronary artery. Doctor rushes through. I am not positive of what he says and cannot reference this. ...

Do I Wirite Renal Artery-bypass History Like That?
Feb 13, 2012

I have renal artery bypass history and aorto femoral bypass graft surgery and I am not sure where to hyphen them. ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Massive Gastric Bleeding And S/l "senospirin" Drip
Dec 07, 2010

Same patient as below who needed the sternal rubbing.  He has massive GI bleeding and in the ER the doc says: "Protonix and s/l senospirin drip will be initiated."  Any ideas what "s/l senospirin" could be? Could also be "fenospirin" or maybe "sporin" instead of "spirin"on the end. Lord lord lord. What *IS* this?? ...

Vascular - Femoral To Below-knee Popliteal Bypass Graft "WITH PTF" Is Functioning Well
Mar 09, 2010

PTF? or something similar Thanks ...

After Bypass, Patient Had An Atrial "clearing" Device Put In.
Oct 31, 2009

After bypass, the atrial "clearing" device was put in.  He had a pleural effusion that was drained.  He had a recent x-ray that was okay. Thanks for any help. Jude ...

Fem-fem Bypass Patient Presents With "ABIs"
Jan 28, 2010

x ...

Operation- S/l (Bend Them) Or (thin Thin) Bypass Graft
Feb 14, 2011

Operation called a bend them, or thin thin bypass graft? Any ideas? Thanks. ...

S/l Exofemoral And Femoral-femoral Bypass
Oct 25, 2012

The patient underwent an (s/l) exofemoral and femoral-femoral bypass.  exofemoral?  ...

To Surgery After Appropriate...
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates: *to surgery after appropriate preparation and today* prosthetic arthroplasty, Austin Moore-type left hip.  What I flagged, I know cannot be completely right because it doesn't make sense.  Any clues as what he may be saying??  Thanks! ...

First Day...ep Lap Surgery
Sep 27, 2011

ep lap surgery ...