A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt had postop complications s/l R THA including - s/l ilias and cellulitis. tia nm

Posted: Nov 20, 2010

x

postop - orthogirl

[ In Reply To ..]
R THA could be right total hip arthroplasty.

Ileus is an intestinal obstruction that could be a complication after a joint replacement, as my doc had one patient develop that. But would like to know the whole sentence as there could be cellulitis over the area of the ilium which is a bone in the hip. It is hard to tell with just those three words. Hope this helps.

Similar Messages:

S/l "postop Karia" Or "postop Korea"
Jul 26, 2010

Does anyone have an idea of what this is? Thanks in advance! ...

OP Report. She Says COMPLICATIONS: S/l Cevat?
Dec 04, 2009

I've heard COMPLICATIONS:  Nil.  COMPLICATIONS:  None.  but not COMPLICATIONS:  Sevat?  Can't find anything.  Thanks. ...

Hyphen In Postop? (BOS Says Abbreviations)
Nov 29, 2010

Should we put a hyphen in preop and/or postop? My spellchecker says it is OK without, but it is hard to read w/o one IMO. BOS says to use a hyphen when joining a prefix to an abbreviation, so would this count as an abbreviation in this case? Or is it more like a shortened form of the word? ...

PRE? Postop Shoulder Therapy?
Jan 14, 2011

On postop plan after dictating OP report (shoulder arthroscopy for impingement and AC joint arthritis, doctor dictates postop plan which includes pendulum, gentle ROM plus "He can progress to active and (s/l) PREs (??) as pain and symptoms allow."  Wondered if this was correct and what it stood for.  Thanks. ...

Women In The Workplace Including MTs!
Jun 27, 2011

Okay ladies...I have only been reading this forum for a few months now.  I am about to stay as far from here as some of the MTSOs out there.  For the most part, this forum is not the supportive place I had hoped it would be.  This forum is mostly depressing.  We don't build each other up here - we tear each other down, as if that is not done enough in the work place.  This place has got to be one of the worst for being so incredibly petty, stabby, over sensitive, ca ...

Pt Has Had Significant GI Issues Including S/l Bee-sa-lor
Feb 28, 2012

x ...

MM ASR Can't Get PREOP And POSTOP Right Anymore.
Dec 07, 2013

What's up with this???? Another problem to correct. Doctor dictates preoperative diagnosis and it now puts in postoperative diagnosis. ...

It Appears That Many, Many Including Myself Is Not Happy..
Dec 04, 2014

It appears that nobody is happy about this new payment system, including myself.  The question is what do we do about.  Everybody quitting and finding another job is not going to solve the problem.  If MTs accept and take this type of pay system, it then sets the stage for other companies to start paying the same.  Is this even legal?  Are they allowed to pay us on performance?  How do remote MTs form together to make a difference if they really want to?? ...

Gastric Bypass Surgery - Postop
Aug 11, 2012

Dictated:  She thinks that during her pregnancy she "overate the pouch"... and can now eat larger volumes. Is "overate the pouch" correct?  He says it pretty clearly and I just want to make sure. ALSO:  Is it endoluminal or endolumenal Thank you. ...

He Exercises Regularly, Including Swearing For An Hour Every Day.
Sep 10, 2014

should be "swimming." ...

The Patient Had A Postop Postdelivery Complication Of ____ (s/l Ana-ma-tray-us) And Had To Have D&am
Aug 26, 2010

thanks!!! ...

Check Rheumatology Labs, Including Rheumatoid Factor, Anti-CCP
Sep 08, 2010

This patient could possibly have gout, fibromyalgia, OA, RA, psoriasis...among other possibilities.  "Check rheumatology labs, including rheumatoid factor, anti-CCP, ANA, sed rate, CRP, CMP, CBC, Lyme.  The patient had a s/l 'dipsticks all the time.'  Check an ACE."  The doctor did pause after "had a" so that may not be part of the sentence.  In that case, it sounds kind of like, "The patient gets sticks all the time."  I'm not sure if either makes sense.  She does mention ...

"neres" Complications
Dec 12, 2013

Transcription is about a circumcision on a child for phimosis, and earlier in the dictation is says there was no evidence of complications. A paragraph later is says Patient tolerated procedure well (s/l) *neres* complications, left operating room in satisfactory conditions.   help! ...

Bilateral Knee X-ray Today Including A S/l Rosen View, Erosion View Show...
Aug 23, 2011

. ...