A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PRE? Postop shoulder therapy? - essmom

Posted: Jan 14, 2011

On postop plan after dictating OP report (shoulder arthroscopy for impingement and AC joint arthritis, doctor dictates postop plan which includes pendulum, gentle ROM plus "He can progress to active and (s/l) PREs (??) as pain and symptoms allow."  Wondered if this was correct and what it stood for.  Thanks.

Maybe passive resistance exercises ?? nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Shoulder post op plan=PREs - Deb

[ In Reply To ..]
Did he spell it out or just say "PREs"?

Similar Messages:

S/l "postop Karia" Or "postop Korea"
Jul 26, 2010

Does anyone have an idea of what this is? Thanks in advance! ...

Pt Had Postop Complications S/l R THA Including
Nov 20, 2010

x ...

Hyphen In Postop? (BOS Says Abbreviations)
Nov 29, 2010

Should we put a hyphen in preop and/or postop? My spellchecker says it is OK without, but it is hard to read w/o one IMO. BOS says to use a hyphen when joining a prefix to an abbreviation, so would this count as an abbreviation in this case? Or is it more like a shortened form of the word? ...

MM ASR Can't Get PREOP And POSTOP Right Anymore.
Dec 07, 2013

What's up with this???? Another problem to correct. Doctor dictates preoperative diagnosis and it now puts in postoperative diagnosis. ...

Gastric Bypass Surgery - Postop
Aug 11, 2012

Dictated:  She thinks that during her pregnancy she "overate the pouch"... and can now eat larger volumes. Is "overate the pouch" correct?  He says it pretty clearly and I just want to make sure. ALSO:  Is it endoluminal or endolumenal Thank you. ...

Dr. Is Saying Pegus Arginase Therapy...cannot Find...could It Be Pegasys/arginase Therapy?? See Mor
Apr 01, 2010

History of hyperglycemia associated with steroid and pegus arginase therapy in the past. ...

The Patient Had A Postop Postdelivery Complication Of ____ (s/l Ana-ma-tray-us) And Had To Have D&am
Aug 26, 2010

thanks!!! ...

HAART Therapy Vs ART Therapy
Sep 08, 2013

What is the difference?  ...

Had QA Correct Me On Speech Therapy To Speech Therapy
Jun 03, 2013

The phrase is She will be evaluated by PT, OT and speech therapy, corrected to She will be evaluated by PT, OT and Speech Therapy.  I thought it was only capitalized in when followed by a proper name like Montana Central Hospital Speech Therapy.    Thanks.  ...

"C-LOCK" Therapy. Is This "coacogenic" Therapy? (SM)
Feb 04, 2013

This is on an ano-rectal cancer patient: He had "C-LOCK" therapy. Is this short for coacogenic? Thx. ...

Therapy
Jul 11, 2013

MD states:  In physical therapy and s/l "kinetial" therapy.  I know kinetic therapy is a term, but kinetial? ...

Hypertension Duo Therapy?
Dec 29, 2009

It sounds like theyre saying "Hypertension, well controlled on duo therapy" Any ideas? Is that right? ...

Radiation Therapy
May 24, 2010

Dictator talking about s/l cinegray in reference to radiation therapy!  Help please and thanks! ...

Gope Therapy?
Aug 09, 2010

This patient has rheumatoid arthritis and the doctor dictates the following: "(s/l Gope) therapy - no efficacy.  (s/l Flusilamine) - great response - on for 18 years." I'd appreciate any ideas on where to look or what the words may be...I couldn't find anything online. ...

Immodulary Therapy?
Oct 20, 2010

"Psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis – diagnosed in 2008, but never started on any s/l immodulary therapy." That's all for that sentence and that particular diagnosis is never brought up again in this dictation. ...

Physical Therapy
Oct 23, 2010

Typing phy. therapy and s/l aura suppression or orris impression? ...

Cold Therapy Pad
Sep 10, 2012

As the dressing was placed on, her DG Arthur cold therapy pad was wrapped into the dressing.   I've been trying to confirm DG Arthur cold therapy pad, but I can't find it.  Has anyone heard of something similar to this?   Thanks! ...

MRI Of Shoulder
Jan 16, 2011

On MRI, he had a massive tear of the supraspinatus superior half of the iinfraspinatus. He also had an s/l osto-chrom-e-ali.   Thanks!! ...

MRI Of The Shoulder
Jul 26, 2011

The patient had a shoulder MRI.  The doctor say: No obvious-appearing instability or injury to the coracoclavicular or ---s/l clochoclavicular---- ligaments on the MRI.    Thanks. ...

Shoulder Mri
Dec 26, 2012

...lateral down-sloping acromion with possible  ?CYPHER/SITE FOR impingement.  ...

Shoulder
Apr 08, 2013

Doc is talking about pts shoulder and says:  She had a normal (s/l Mieres), Hawkins, and Jobes tests.  Can someone give me the correct spelling of Mieres?  Thx CM ...

Shoulder GH ROM 70,60,30 Or 70/60/30?
Sep 12, 2013

I'm not sure which way to format ROM. ...

Need Wome Quick Therapy
Oct 20, 2009

Anybody know of a way to adjust how far the foot pedal backs up?  Yesterday, out of the blue, every time I took my foot off the pedal and restarted it, it backed up almost a whole line.  It's making me crazy, especially in ASR.  Grrrr. ...

This Is From Speech Therapy Consult
Oct 27, 2009

she is very easy to understand and likes using lots of "hard" words.  She keeps repeating this type of sentence - He showed difficulty when given a simple two-sentence scenario and asked questions s/l "per ren".  He appeared to have difficulties understanding simple, "who questions," s/l "per ren".    any help always much appreciated!  ...

Physical Therapy S/l Pullashucks
Oct 29, 2009

s/l pullashuks...thanks ...

Radiation Therapy Terminology? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

Anyone know of a good site(s) to get in-depth radiation therapy terminology?  I have about 50 jobs in queue and have never typed it!  Thought I'd ask here if anyone has a site they like while I continue to look for one.  Thanks a million for any help!  ...

Hormone Replacement Therapy
Jan 08, 2010

I cannot quite get the name of this combination.  It sounds like estradial Megoxy? progesterone estese ? Can someone help?  ...

Caffeine Therapy Word Help
Jul 28, 2010

This is the statement that it sounds like the doctor is making:  He had several episodes of A's and B's that did resolve uneventfully, only with stimulation not needing caffeine therapy ever. What are A's and B's?  Or is it another word completely? Thanks so much.   ...

Physical Therapy/Rehab
Sep 07, 2010

Anybody good with PT/rehab terms? PT assessment Patient performs s/l "clenched transfers" or "clinched transfers" or "Clint's transfers". I can't find any of them. Thanks distraction ...

Telangiectasias And Irradiation Therapy?
Oct 04, 2010

I know that telangiectasias are associated with radiation therapy but how about irradiation therapy?  It really sounds as if he is saying irradiation.  The only reason I questioned it is because I haven't heard it used this way.  A prominent cluster of telangiectasias consistent with prior irradiation therapy were present along the rectal side wall.  Thanks! ...