A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dr. says..An MR study is performed to rule out avascular necrosis of the left hip - MEG

Posted: Nov 23, 2009

Does he mean an MRI?

could be MRA - connie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd just give him MR

MR imaging, magnetic resonance imaging etc. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
MR imaging etc.

Similar Messages:

The Pt. Has A Left Distal Radius Fracture And She Is Holding A "rule Of Bias" In That Hand
Feb 24, 2015

nm ...

S/l Riskcavay Vascular Necrosis
Mar 17, 2010

I am going to start her on valproic acid as well as prednisone (I have discussed risk-ca-vay  vascular necrosis).   I am having trouble finding this word. It sounds like he says riskcavay? ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Side Effect Of Radiation Therapy, S/l Merdy Or Verdy Necrosis Of Mandible.
Aug 15, 2011

:) ...

A,sidebart? Supranasally Was Performed.
Jul 03, 2013

Please help if you know this one:  'sidebart' supranasally was performed with a 15-degree blade. ...

Ortho Word - S/l PRC Performed On The Right Wrist
Jun 02, 2010

Patient had a carpal tunnel relase and doc dictates post-op instruction and then dictates the following:   He is to call us in the fall to have his s/l PRC performed on the right wrist.   Any clue what PRC could be?  He pretty clearly dictates PRC but I can't figure it out in regards to the rest of the sentence.  THANKS!!!  ...

Pt Had ORIF Performed With S/l Synthese HS1 Step One
Jan 13, 2011

x ...

Podiatrist Performed Xenograft/porcine With (s/l Aso Powder)
Aug 17, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED Application of xenograft/porcine graft.  Augmentation with "s/o aso (he then spelled ACELO or ACEOO) powder"   Thank you for any help ...

Podiatric S/l 'partial Slap Back" Performed ?
Oct 19, 2009

?? ...

Pulmo Word - Fresee Or Presse Bronchoplasty Was Performed
Feb 02, 2012

It sounds like a Fresee or Presse bronchoplasty was performed.  ...

FROSBI Work Up. Does Anyone Know What This Stands For. It's A Workup For An Infant Performed
Mar 26, 2013

xx ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis - The Doctor Dictates: Lumbar Puncture Was Performed And The CSF Showed
Apr 26, 2010

The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed cryptococcal trough 1:512.  "India ink pains were positive"  Has anyone ever heard of this?  If so what does "India ink" pains mean?  ...

Mom's Rule
May 21, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of the verbiage "follow Mom's rule" in ER plan of care??  Physician states, "he is to follow Mom's rule"....... ...

Rule For Adding A
Mar 24, 2010

Hello. It might just be too early but can someone tell me the rule as to when to add A?  Like the doc says HISTORY: 72-year-old woman who..... Should I be adding A to the beginning? HISTORY:  A 72-year-old...   ...

SIRS Rule Out PTI S/l
Sep 18, 2010

In the diagnosis section this doc says "SIRS.  Rule out s/l PTI."  So, I found SIRS (systemic inflammatory response syndrome) but I can't find out what s/l PTI is to go along with it.  Any ideas? ...

AHDI Rule
Feb 10, 2011

What is BOS ruling on using the word "post" when typing (for example) status postcholecystectomy?  Where in BOS is this found? ...

Rule Changed?
Jun 29, 2011

murmurs, gallops, or rubs  OR  murmurs, gallops or rubs? I am old school and taught that the first is correct, but I waste a huge amount of time and keystrokes correcting this and other instances like this.  I looked at the AAMT link, but really didn't get a sufficient answer if the second is OK to leave as that is the preferred way ASR puts it; however, every grammar site I looked at online puts the additional comma in. ...

ESL Rule Of Thumb
Nov 17, 2011

As American-born, English-speaking doctors are becoming the minority, I think all companies should openly state what percentage of ESL will be encountered in a new job and then ask 1 year of experience for each percentage of ESL; e.g. 40% ESL (the maximum I can personally tolerate) 4 years experience plus a differential in the line rate, too. What do y'all think? ...

AAMT Rule
May 16, 2012

dictated: levothyroxine 1200 micrograms daily transcribed: levothyroxine 1200 mcg daily   is this correct? pls help. ...

Assessment: Rule Out S/l Wad-dey-o
Dec 24, 2012

EMS responding to a patient who just had ablation for SVT last week and is complaining of weakness and dizziness. Cannot find with much searching. Thanks for your help! ...

CMS Final Rule
Jan 30, 2013

This was published in the Federal Register last week, correct?  I have a friend who is in a battle with an insurance company over a very sick child.  They are always throwing up obstacles for coverage. She told me that out-of-network treatment is covered at 50% of 200% of Medicare rates.  So we are trying to uncover exactly what that rate is.  Is the CMS Final Rule document what  I am looking for to help her? Is Coder here?  Expert insight would be so appreciated ...

New 6-minute Rule-sm
Aug 14, 2013

When you get NJA you have the 3 options as we did before.  When you choose to "make up time", at the very end of the explaination, it says something along the line of entering a leave request on teamwork for excused no pay?  This only makes sense if in fact you cannot or do not make up the time, but the policy does not explain it that way.  Example:  You work 2 hours and get NJA.  You have 6 hours to make up and can only make up 4.  The remaining 2 hours must be en ...

What Is The New Rule For How Many Days Off Without Pay
Nov 24, 2013

I really don't see what it matters now that we don't get PTO and if we aren't getting paid for it so what. Seems stupid to me that they would care how much time we have off if they aren't paying us anyway but anyone know now the most days you can take for the year part time and full time?  I know they took away PTO for part timers and cut it for full time but wasn't sure of the new rules. Also, when does it start over again if you used up your unpaid time off days. ...

Does Anyone Know Offhand MM's Rule If
Aug 26, 2014

no patient name is given?  Do we transcribe it as "UNKNOWN, NAME" or "NO NAME, GIVEN" etc?  Or where this info is located?  I've searched DQS guidelines and TSG and can't seem to find it.  TIA! ...

Help Please Im Looking Can't Find The Rule
Feb 09, 2015

Do I need to put a marker in there as a warning. I totally forgot and never usually get this..checking the guides now coming up empty ...

DVT Study
Dec 27, 2011

In a DVT study, "Findings are most suggestive of chronic or past/passed?? clot" Thanks!! ...

Study Should Be Done
Jan 27, 2012

I think if a study were done, findings would show that the tediousness and repetitiveness and intricacy of the editing required for this particular ASR will slowly but surely drive you insane.  I am so nervous, I chew gum like a wild woman (and now need my second crown which I cannot afford), have developed tics and skin picking, and eat voraciously --- due to editing.  Flame away, but I have typed for 25+ years and never had a problem (actually enjoyed my job); however, after 5 or so ...

Rule-out Sepsis Work-up
Jan 10, 2010

A rule-out sepsis work-up for an infant .... are the hyphens correct? Where can I find the correct use of the hyphens? Thank You! ...

New Rule For MDs: If You Cannot Pronounce It, You Cannot Prescribe It, Nor --
Jan 28, 2010

-- can you treat it.  Certainly, you can't get paid for doing anything with it.  So, study up, doc. ...