A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FROSBI work up. Does anyone know what this stands for. It's a workup for an infant performed - oldie

Posted: Mar 26, 2013

xx

see message - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Did they say the word frosbi or did they spell eff-are-oh-ess-bee-aye??

2. WHAT is the full sentence?

3. WHAT is the diagnosis/complaint? What is the patient being seen for?

They did say FROSBI and I do have it handwritten in a book as something we had before however, the a - oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
The patient is a 5-day-old, 35-week premature patient with hypothermia seen in _____ Hospital who performed the FROSBI examination.

Later in the report, it again states that the FROSBI examination was performed at _____ Hospital prior to transfer.

Thanks for any thoughts.

history of hypothermia is pretty important, OP - how about frostbite?

[ In Reply To ..]
When you have information like the pt is hyopthermic, you really need to provide that at the outset.

I can find no exam or workup called "frosbi". How is is pronounced? Does it rhyme with Crosby or frostbite?

2 dislikes? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

two thoughts - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
? For SBI: Serious bacterial infection

? SOFBI: Subjective and Objective Family Burden Inventory

Similar Messages:

FROSBI
Apr 16, 2013

A couple of weeks ago I asked for help with the acronym FROSBI.  This is what I found out from QA.  It stands for Fever; rule out serious bacterial infection.  Thought I would pass this along.  Thank you all for your thoughts and help. ...

FROSBI In A Diagnosis For Pediatrics. Does Anyone Know What This Might Be? Nm
Aug 18, 2012

Nm ...

Workup
Jan 06, 2012

Doctor says I have performed the 3C workup excluding acetaminophen level.  Does anyone know what the 3C workup is? ...

TOXA Workup ?
Aug 31, 2011

Is TOXA correct?   The workup in question was done by an Infectiuos Disease doctor.   Thank you. ...

Easy Workup Reading?
Jun 24, 2011

"Chest:  Clear to auscultation bilaterally with s/l an easy workup reading.  He had equal breath sounds heard throughout." I don't know what "easy workup reading" actually is. ...

Cardiology Workup S/l Showed No Previous Apices
Aug 08, 2010

s/l showed no previous apices.  ...

Biliary Colic Workup - HIDA Scan Sentence
Dec 08, 2011

Dictated:   I have asked if he has another attack that he go to the emergency room so that an s/l on-face HIDA scan can be performed to see if there are abnormalities of the biliary tree during an acute attack.  Thanks for any help. ...

EG Stands For ?
Apr 23, 2010

HI, In a pediatric exam for a baby just born, I can't find what EG stands for? Thanks   ...

What C-LPH Stands For
Feb 25, 2015

I have forgotten what C – LPH stands for. Too many abbreviations with this job. ...

An Y Idea What VCG Stands For?
Feb 02, 2010

Chief Complaint: left wrist, s.l  VCG ...

What Does CIIRS Stands For
Sep 15, 2011

medical floor with pneumonia and ____(CIIRS).  The doc pronounce it as "SEARS" and spells it as CIIRS ...

S/l TSL Level 2 - Anyone Know What TSL Stands For?
Mar 16, 2012

He may follow up on an outpatient basis for continued complaints of urinary symptoms.  The patient did fill out a living will requesting TSL level 2 though he does need to notarize the documents.   Does anyone know the acroynm for TSL?? ...

What Does MTSO Stands For
Dec 16, 2013

See it all the time, don't know what it means. ...

HEENT: CC Are Plethoric - Does Anyone Know What The CC Stands For?
Aug 23, 2011

"HEENT:  CCs are plethoric. Sclerae are anicteric."  Anyone know what the "CC" might stand for?  TIA! ...

Stenosis In Infant
Feb 22, 2010

s/l like doctor says:   Past surgical history of "de??--something or decrease??   stenosis in an infant?  It is not pyeloric or aortic.  Is there some kind of degree?  TIA.  ...

S/l ASC Repair As An Infant.
May 14, 2010

PAST SURGICAL HISTORY: s/l ASC repair as an infant.   any ideas?? ...

PE On A 6 1/1 Month Old Infant.
Jun 16, 2010

doc is dicating PE for a 6 1/2 month old male. doc goes through vitals such as temp, heart rate, respirations, and then is saying something like definity percent on room air. Any ideas what difinity percent on room air could be??   ...

Infant Analgesia
Mar 08, 2011

Sounds like "sweeties" or "sweedies" for newborn pain management for procedures.  Thanks in advance. ...

S/l Term Now Infant
Jun 05, 2012

I heard a diagnosis of (s/l) term now infant?  Can anybody help?  Thank you.  ...

2-week-1-day Old Infant? (OOPS)
Apr 14, 2010

Ooops ... typo!!   Sorry .... I meant 2-week-1-day old infant?  Is that the correct way to type it?   Thanks in advance! ...

Brace For Infant With Hip Dysplasia
Sep 07, 2010

Dictated "sima" brace - spells, but unsure if this is Sima or SIMA.  Does anyone know?  I am having no luck finding this.   Thanks.   ...

A,sidebart? Supranasally Was Performed.
Jul 03, 2013

Please help if you know this one:  'sidebart' supranasally was performed with a 15-degree blade. ...

Stop Putting Thank You, When It Stands Alone, Under Ship Markers
Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves ...

CNS Exam On Newborn Infant - Marable?
May 29, 2010

There was a normal root, suck, grasp, s/l marable and Babinski. My pediatric book is packed away and I can't get to it. ...

Ortho Word - S/l PRC Performed On The Right Wrist
Jun 02, 2010

Patient had a carpal tunnel relase and doc dictates post-op instruction and then dictates the following:   He is to call us in the fall to have his s/l PRC performed on the right wrist.   Any clue what PRC could be?  He pretty clearly dictates PRC but I can't figure it out in regards to the rest of the sentence.  THANKS!!!  ...

Pt Had ORIF Performed With S/l Synthese HS1 Step One
Jan 13, 2011

x ...

Okay Real Medical Infant Gestational Age
Mar 21, 2015

Dictator states infant born at 33-6/7 weeks, corrected gestational age now 37-7/7 weeks. Am I missing something? Wouldn't that be 38-0/7 weeks? Or maybe they have to have lived entirely through the last day to be rolled over to 38-0/7 weeks? Just not sure if I should flag this or there is some way of counting the actual last day of the week so that it is 7/7 (like the 7th day of the week), until the next day?   ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

Podiatrist Performed Xenograft/porcine With (s/l Aso Powder)
Aug 17, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED Application of xenograft/porcine graft.  Augmentation with "s/o aso (he then spelled ACELO or ACEOO) powder"   Thank you for any help ...

Podiatric S/l 'partial Slap Back" Performed ?
Oct 19, 2009

?? ...