A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Down syndrome symptoms s/l hyper or hypoitliism - starstruck

Posted: Sep 29, 2010

Baby has Down syndrome and the doc lists several symptoms. One is either hyper-something (hyperitliitism) or hypo-something (hypoitilisim?).  I googled and found several lists of Down symptoms, but all explanations are for parents and use non-medical terms.  Could someone clue me in on what this might be?  Thanks.

maybe you could give the sentence... - also...sm

[ In Reply To ..]
can you give us the s/l one more time? I can't quite tell if it's 6 or 7 syllables.

Patient has simian fold, ???, and ??? toe - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
Since you mentioned the number of syllables, I went back and relistened a couple of times. I'm now thinking this might be hypertelorism (abnormal space between organs according to one site) because the doc describes a bigger than normal space between the first and second toes on each foot, which I'm thinking is "sandal" toe. Have you heard of either of these? It's hard to find a site that describes them in medical terms--most of the sites I googled were geared toward parents.

the sentence might help - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
Go ahead and write the sentence with the s/l in it. We'll all read it out loud to ourselves and we'll see what we come up with! :)

hypertelorism sounds appropriate --- - are you hearing webbed toes?

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Hyper T2 Spot?
Feb 04, 2010

She has a small hyper-T2 spot on her thoracic spinal MRI ...

Hyper Extending
Dec 01, 2010

Is hyper extending one word, two words, or hyphenated?  Thanks ...

Congenital Cholestatic Syndrome S/l "coregulorelajor Syndrome
Jul 24, 2010

This patient has congenital cholestatic syndrome, and in the assessment the doc says: "Congenital cholestatic jaundice likely secondary to s/l "coregulorelajor syndrome." Yeah, it's that bad. I have no idea what the syndrome is. Anyone with some GI knowledge who's heard what this might be? I know it's a long shot, but thanks in advance. ...

S/l Letsocoso Syndrome Or Lutz Kusso Syndrome?
Feb 26, 2011

It's a baby with developmental delay s/l letzcoso or Lets Kusso or Lutz Kusso syndrome?   TIA ...

B Symptoms Or V Symptoms??
Dec 09, 2010

The patient denies any __ symptoms.    I can't tell if it's a B or V.  Help! ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

S/l Crinasetive Symptoms
Feb 16, 2010

She does not want any chance of a recurrent deformity and has done so well with the fusion on the right side.  I think it is reasonable to proceed given the degree of her deformity and ______ s/l crinasetive symptoms. tia. ...

Encephalopathy Symptoms Help
Jun 12, 2010

The pt was diagnosed with diffuse encephalopathy.   She had acute onset of headache approximately 4 days before being admitted to the hospital, left temporal region, sharpened s/l con sent, blurred vision, etc.  ...

Lupus Symptoms...
Sep 09, 2010

This patient has systemic lupus erythematosus and the dr. is listing her symptoms..."Alopecia, skin nodules/rash, arthritis, photosensitivity, anemia, pleurisy, leukopenia, s/l 'hypoclopthemintemia'.  I feel like it's at the front of my brain, but I just can't seem to grasp it completely. ...

Comonitory Symptoms?
Oct 05, 2010

He will have some very transient s/lcomonitory symptoms ??  ...

Concussion Symptoms
Jan 22, 2011

Diagnosis is concussion.  On a followup appoint the doc said - The patient notes that his _______ went away last night.    It sounds like "cryingness".  I'm hearing "cr" at the beginning and "ness" at the end.  Anyone have any ideas?  ...

S/l Base Motor Symptoms
Oct 13, 2010

patient is on Prempro. had hot flashes at one time. obviously this "symptom" is menopausal related. any ideas?? ...

____ Ranger Symptoms?
Oct 03, 2011

Patient has a head injury, and doc says he has no s/l "left oh ranger" symptoms.... can't get a handle on this one. Thanks in advance! ...

Patient *faining* Of Symptoms Such As Being Sedated?? Thanks. Nm
Jun 18, 2012

nm ...

S/l ___plasia On The Back Of The Throat. Patient With Flu-like Symptoms
Jun 23, 2010

NM ...

Hyphen Or No? Radicular-like Symptoms, Soreness-like Pain
Jan 04, 2011

x ...

"four Gut Source" Of Symptoms?
Nov 19, 2010

He says what I swear is "four gut source of his symptomatology" Here is the sentence:  "He will undergo a diagnostic upper endoscopy to exclude a four gut_____source of his symptomatology." I can't find this term anywhere, but he is a clear speaker and it definitely sounds like he's saying "four" Any ideas? ...

Gui-ann-by Syndrome
Mar 02, 2011

sounds like "geeanbye" syndrome ...

Down Or Down's Syndrome
Sep 02, 2011

Which is correct? Total brain freeze here. Needing the long weekend badly! :o) ...

? Syndrome
Jan 16, 2013

The patient had s? ____ collagen syndrome and had multiple distractions and multiple procedures for distraction, ____genesis for management DIAGNOSIS:  TMJ ANKYLOSIS WITH POSSIBLE CORONOID IMPINGEMENT   Thanks! ...

The Overhiring Syndrome
Dec 09, 2009

I’m not an attorney; therefore, cannot give you any legal advice.  Please consult an attorney should you need help with the issue raised below. I’ve been in this industry too long.  Have watched this transcription industry go from “a soccer mom’s best friend” where a soccer mom could take care of her children at home and at the same time make some extra money to support her family…to “transcription goes to New York Stock Exchange” with ...

Near Shock Syndrome?
Mar 14, 2010

"Patient presented in early infancy with (s/l near shock) syndrome." I can't find anything in my references that this would be.  Any ideas? ...

S/L Ostergonin Syndrome. Anyone Know?
Mar 15, 2010

nm ...

Cromoquois Syndrome?
Mar 25, 2010

The patient is achondroplastic and the doctor spelled the syndrome "cromoquois," but I cannot confirm it anywhere in reference books or on the Internet.  Any ideas? ...

Some Sort Of Syndrome
Mar 14, 2011

She's dictating history, and I'm hearing s/l Mori-Mori syndrome...any ideas? ...

Issacs Syndrome
May 21, 2011

I am wondering if it is Issac's syndrome, Issacs syndrome or Issacs' syndrome? ...

Kettleman Syndrome
Jul 01, 2011

Anyone ever heard of Kettleman or Keddleman syndrome?  Definitely not saying Cattleman syndrome.  Thanks. ...

Word Help[syndrome]
Oct 13, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying lilly garlingson syndrome.   I believe maybe it is Early _____ syndrome. This is driving me crazy, he stumbles then goes back and says it again but I have no idea!   ...

SIRS Syndrome
Jan 27, 2012

Doc says "SIRS syndrome" but the last S stands for syndrome. Transcribe as dictated or leave off the word syndrome? ...

S/l Bayset Syndrome
Jul 19, 2012

Dictated as "an unusual manifestation of (s/l) Bayset syndrome."  Report is on a patient with possible connective tissue disorder...I can't find anything remotely close and suspect I just can't see the forest for the trees on this one. TIA to anyone who can help! ...