A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Concussion symptoms - mt

Posted: Jan 22, 2011

Diagnosis is concussion.  On a followup appoint the doc said - The patient notes that his _______ went away last night. 

It sounds like "cryingness".  I'm hearing "cr" at the beginning and "ness" at the end.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Just A Thought - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if he's doing one of those made up words, as in the patient's crying stopped. People with concussions often are very outwardly emotional. Just a thought.

I didn't know that about the emotions. I'll listen again - That does help - thanks.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm - thanks.

Similar Messages:

Concussion
May 06, 2012

"On vestibular screening he had a normal smooth pursuit through __h____test and was able to follow the finger without recreation of the symptoms or nystagmus. He felt dizziness or blurriness with horizontal saccades, but no problems with vertical saccades.  Thanks for any help! ...

Football Player With Concussion
Nov 18, 2011

Given his current lack of symptoms with progression of cognitive and physical activity, as well as his impact testing and passing of his s/l **BEST** test, I feel it is acceptable for the patient to return to full contact football at this point in time.   Thanks!! ...

S/l Solving This Rule Out Seizure Versus Concussion
Sep 28, 2011

This is an ER Note for guy with alcohol poisoning.  last heading of the dictation, dr states what s/l solving this.  Never seen as heading, cannot find anything near.  solviness? Would think the heading would be impression or something similar... ...

B Symptoms Or V Symptoms??
Dec 09, 2010

The patient denies any __ symptoms.    I can't tell if it's a B or V.  Help! ...

S/l Crinasetive Symptoms
Feb 16, 2010

She does not want any chance of a recurrent deformity and has done so well with the fusion on the right side.  I think it is reasonable to proceed given the degree of her deformity and ______ s/l crinasetive symptoms. tia. ...

Encephalopathy Symptoms Help
Jun 12, 2010

The pt was diagnosed with diffuse encephalopathy.   She had acute onset of headache approximately 4 days before being admitted to the hospital, left temporal region, sharpened s/l con sent, blurred vision, etc.  ...

Lupus Symptoms...
Sep 09, 2010

This patient has systemic lupus erythematosus and the dr. is listing her symptoms..."Alopecia, skin nodules/rash, arthritis, photosensitivity, anemia, pleurisy, leukopenia, s/l 'hypoclopthemintemia'.  I feel like it's at the front of my brain, but I just can't seem to grasp it completely. ...

Comonitory Symptoms?
Oct 05, 2010

He will have some very transient s/lcomonitory symptoms ??  ...

S/l Base Motor Symptoms
Oct 13, 2010

patient is on Prempro. had hot flashes at one time. obviously this "symptom" is menopausal related. any ideas?? ...

____ Ranger Symptoms?
Oct 03, 2011

Patient has a head injury, and doc says he has no s/l "left oh ranger" symptoms.... can't get a handle on this one. Thanks in advance! ...

Down Syndrome Symptoms S/l Hyper Or Hypoitliism
Sep 29, 2010

Baby has Down syndrome and the doc lists several symptoms. One is either hyper-something (hyperitliitism) or hypo-something (hypoitilisim?).  I googled and found several lists of Down symptoms, but all explanations are for parents and use non-medical terms.  Could someone clue me in on what this might be?  Thanks. ...

Patient *faining* Of Symptoms Such As Being Sedated?? Thanks. Nm
Jun 18, 2012

nm ...

S/l ___plasia On The Back Of The Throat. Patient With Flu-like Symptoms
Jun 23, 2010

NM ...

Hyphen Or No? Radicular-like Symptoms, Soreness-like Pain
Jan 04, 2011

x ...

"four Gut Source" Of Symptoms?
Nov 19, 2010

He says what I swear is "four gut source of his symptomatology" Here is the sentence:  "He will undergo a diagnostic upper endoscopy to exclude a four gut_____source of his symptomatology." I can't find this term anywhere, but he is a clear speaker and it definitely sounds like he's saying "four" Any ideas? ...